The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kpreece
I just knew that I hadn't done well in the face to face interview - don't think I was prepared enough and my nerves got the better of me! Took them just under a week for the rejection but I knew I'd done awfully, they usually say around March time they send decisions so most of the time no news is good news! MMU is 18th Feb and thank you! Don't think I really have a top choice at the moment, just waiting to see other decisions to be honest.

I have MMU on 18th too! It's always good to have an offer, makes you feel more secure.

Some people already got offers from Sheffield so that makes me feel even more nervous.

What was Leeds interview like? Group activity, written assessment?
Original post by SophieNW
Me too!

A side question, how long did it take Sheffield to give you an offer? My interview was almost 2 weeks so on the verge of going insane now haha

My interview was on the 12th of Jan. I heard on the 30th - so just under 3 weeks!
I have MMU on 18th too! It's always good to have an offer, makes you feel more secure.

Some people already got offers from Sheffield so that makes me feel even more nervous.

The interview at Leeds consists of a listening test, written assessment, group activity and 2 face to face interviews
Original post by kpreece
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has applied to DMU but still not heard anything? Getting a little worried seeing so many people have already been for interviews or have got interviews coming up! (I applied on 9th Dec)

I've heard from all of the other unis I applied to and have had interviews at Sheffield (rejected, but came away expecting that really!) and Leeds Beckett (conditional offer), and i've interviews for BCU and MMU coming up.

Can I ask when you had your interview at Leeds and when they gave you their offer. I'm just wondering as I'm waiting to hear from them after I had my interview
Original post by kpreece
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has applied to DMU but still not heard anything? Getting a little worried seeing so many people have already been for interviews or have got interviews coming up! (I applied on 9th Dec

I've heard from all of the other unis I applied to and have had interviews at Sheffield (rejected, but came away expecting that really!) and Leeds Beckett (conditional offer), and i've interviews for BCU and MMU coming up.

Have you checked your junk? I know a few people missed their interviews because of emails going to their junk box.. If not I know they're interviewing up until March so hang in there!

Leeds interview is a mixture, you have interviews with two people in two different rooms, they ask some expected and unexpected quite hard questions, I honestly thought one was some kind of trick question to see if people would lie, I just talked about a normal situation but at least it's actually true but they'll probably ask different questions to different people....I also recently read that universities prefer you to have to think on the spot rather than using a coached answer, so I guess at least that counts me for something. Then you also have a group interview, idk how it's judged because you know how sometimes you find it hard to get what you want to say in. And a written and a listening test.
With MMIs, (different rooms with different people) I usually felt that one went well and one didn't go as well. I really hope they take that into consideration.
Reply 426

Might see you there then! But if not good luck! And yeah, all of the interviews seem a little more manageable after an offer, but I wouldn't worry about not getting one straight away after your interview.
Leeds split you up into two groups and the one group does the individual and group interviews, then the listening and writing assessment, and the other group does it the opposite way around.
Reply 427
Original post by Aria Abc
Can I ask when you had your interview at Leeds and when they gave you their offer. I'm just wondering as I'm waiting to hear from them after I had my interview

My interview was 29th Jan and I got my offer today so just under a week, but like most of the other unis they say they usually send out decisions after they've finished all the interview dates around March time so I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 428
Original post by paigecooney20
Have you checked your junk? I know a few people missed their interviews because of emails going to their junk box.. If not I know they're interviewing up until March so hang in there!

Thank you! I've just checked and there doesn't seem to be anything there but I'll make sure I keep checking!
Hii :smile:
Has ny1 had a SLT interview at Leeds Beckett? If so how was it?
Original post by RowanB
My interview was on the 12th of Jan. I heard on the 30th - so just under 3 weeks!

30th was Saturday! Was it an automatic email from UCAS saying there has been a change on your application or Sheffield sent you an email?
Original post by kpreece
Might see you there then! But if not good luck! And yeah, all of the interviews seem a little more manageable after an offer, but I wouldn't worry about not getting one straight away after your interview.
Leeds split you up into two groups and the one group does the individual and group interviews, then the listening and writing assessment, and the other group does it the opposite way around.

I would probably be so nervous wont be able to talk haha! Good luck to you too :smile:

Thanks for the interview details for Leeds, sounds hard though!
30th was Saturday! Was it an automatic email from UCAS saying there has been a change on your application or Sheffield sent you an email?

It was an automated email from the Uni of Sheffield saying I'd been offered a place. :smile: UCAS was actually down all weekend!
Original post by CassiaPeach
Ok, so for the school leavers, what are your A-levels/Btec/ qualifications? Also, any school leavers who have an offer from Sheffield?

Hey, I'm doing biology, maths and psychology and I've got an offer from Sheffield :smile:
Original post by Sukirtha
Hey, I'm doing biology, maths and psychology and I've got an offer from Sheffield :smile:

Oh cool. My A-levels are Biology, Maths and Chemistry. When was your interview and how soon after was your offer? :smile:
In terms of after you've graduated and gotten your degree do employers value a degree from one university over another?
Original post by Aria Abc
In terms of after you've graduated and gotten your degree do employers value a degree from one university over another?

No - they don't tend to with vocational courses like this. :smile:
Original post by CassiaPeach
Oh cool. My A-levels are Biology, Maths and Chemistry. When was your interview and how soon after was your offer? :smile:

My interview was on the 18th Jan and I heard back on the 3rd of Feb. When was your interview?
Original post by xxpinkgemxx
Mine is on Friday! Travelling there tomorrow eek. I'm 25 too :smile: I've applied to Marjon, Cardiff Met, Leeds Beckett, reading and city. I've got an offer from Cardiff, rejection from reading, interviews for Leeds and Marjon and nothing from city! You?

I know! She reckons it's because of her education or the access course but we just don't know!

It's too late to say good luck but how was it??

Still nothing at all from City so I've emailed them to check they have actually received my application!
Original post by kpreece
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has applied to DMU but still not heard anything? Getting a little worried seeing so many people have already been for interviews or have got interviews coming up! (I applied on 9th Dec)

Send a quick email to the admissions team to check they have your application? I've just done this with City as I haven't heard anything from them.

Also do check your junk mail like someone else has said. I only realised I had an interview invitation from DMU because I was clearing out my emails!!

Quick Reply

Latest