The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by pereh009
If you get an interview, they should specify if you need to do any tests on the day. For one of mine, I didn't know I had to do one until they sent a detailed email. But for the others, they haven't mentioned anything about it. I'm not entirely sure if every uni does tests :/

Um... a fitness test?? What?? I heard they might do some sort of fitness evaluation at the start of the course but not beforehand, I don't think. Where did you hear that?

Good luck with your application :smile:

Thanks for that 😊 We are having meeting at college tomorrow which is to give everyone tips on numeracy and literacy tests as some of the nurse applicants failed the test and we're just sent home without an interview. Regarding the fitness test, I'm sure I read it somewhere ... Could just be occupational health assessment ?? X
Reply 421
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Not all of them do Maths and English tests. They should email you to tell you if you have them, if in doubt then ask then. Never heard anything about fitness tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that, I will wait and see X
Original post by Kbenn0
Can I just check if you have to take a numeracy and literacy test at all physiotherapy interviews? I'm sure I read that you do and I know those applying for nursing do ... But can't find any reference to it on the university websites?? Also I'm sure there is a fitness test too? Cheers in advance X

I had about 8 interviews over 2 years and only one of those involved a literacy and numeracy test- many unis do them just for people who's first language isn't english so the likelihood is your interview won't involve one. The fitness you mention is fitness to practice, which is most likely just you confirming that you have no medical conditions that could affect your practice etc and then passing an occupational health disclosure which the uni will organise. Hope that helps!
Original post by rebec1
Did it not give you a bit of info on UCAS I got a rejection from them yesterday, and it said 'Insufficient evidence of relevant work experience or weak account of work experience in your personal statement.' which hasn't really given me much hope for other unis I've applied for but I don't know whether this means I don't have enough work experience or I didn't write about it well in my personal statement

Yeah I said earlier in the thread (I don't blame you for not looking through the whole thing I can never be arsed), it said on UCAS 'your personal statement showed insufficient knowledge of the profession' or something along those lines.

Didn't give me much hope either!
Reply 424
Original post by Zaclowton
Yeah I said earlier in the thread (I don't blame you for not looking through the whole thing I can never be arsed), it said on UCAS 'your personal statement showed insufficient knowledge of the profession' or something along those lines.

Didn't give me much hope either!

Yeah the rejection hurts
Original post by N97
Hi! my application was sent off a month ago and I applied to Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham & Southampton. I still haven't heard back from any universities! :/it's super frustrating, has anyone else had heard back from these unis?

Hi. I sent mine of in the middle of October and applied to Birmingham, Nottingham and Southampton too. Have you got the 'we've received your application...' email? That should come pretty quick.
But in terms of invitations to interviews, I just got one from Birmingham today, so that took about 2 months, Nottingham still haven't replied and I got one from Southampton after a month or so.
Don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll hear back soon! :smile:
Original post by N97
Hi! my application was sent off a month ago and I applied to Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham & Southampton. I still haven't heard back from any universities! :/it's super frustrating, has anyone else had heard back from these unis?

I've heard back from Nottingham with an interview but I'm also waiting on Birmingham and mines been sent off for a month and a half. Think they are all starting to get through them a bit faster now!
Original post by N97
Well done on getting your interviews! When are they?
I got most of my welcome emails but not from Birmingham haha :smile: I've heard that Nottingham doesn't begin to reply until the UCAS deadline, hope I start hearing back soon!

Thank you! I had one two weeks ago, have two next week and another at the end of January :smile:
Wooh a physio thread! I'm happy i'm not the only one who's waiting a lifetime for replies, as I sent my application away about a month ago now, and i've only had 1 reply which was an interview for Brunel! I've also applied to Birmingham, KCL, Oxford Brookes and Northumbria. 😊 A friend of mine told me that some universities wait until the UCAS deadline to start dishing out interviews, can anyone confirm or deny this?
Original post by ItsGrace31
Wooh a physio thread! I'm happy i'm not the only one who's waiting a lifetime for replies, as I sent my application away about a month ago now, and i've only had 1 reply which was an interview for Brunel! I've also applied to Birmingham, KCL, Oxford Brookes and Northumbria. 😊 A friend of mine told me that some universities wait until the UCAS deadline to start dishing out interviews, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Hey! Was your brunel interview on the 2nd? I was there! Was wondering if you have heard anything yet?
Original post by DemiKate
Hey! Was your brunel interview on the 2nd? I was there! Was wondering if you have heard anything yet?

Hey, no sorry I haven't had it yet as it's in January, how did it go for you? Have you had any replies from anywhere else? 😊
Hey:h:
I've applied to Northumbria, Cumbria, Worcester, Sheffiled Hallam and York st John. Sent it off two weeks ago and got all the 'we've seen your application' emails but nothing since. I'm from the channel islands so I'm applying as self funded/not nhs funded, so I'm not sure if this changes my interview process or anything but fingers crossed I'll get some interviews soon!

As travelling is an issue for me (getting from channel islands up north isn't easy) do you think I could request a different interview date if necessary? I'm just a bit worried about the notice they give people- my friend had a week's notice but it was for a music degree so I dont know if physiotherapy has a longer period of notice.
Hi everyone,

I've applied to Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam, Brighton, Huddersfield and Hertfordshire. And so far have got an interview with Sheffield, Brighton and Hertfordshire next January. I've only been told by Hertfordshire that I will need to have a literacy and numeracy test before the interview. Does anyone know or had the interview to tell me the difficulty of both the tests and what kind of questions are on the maths e.g. fractions or percentages etc. as although I passed my maths at GCSE, I still find maths quite hard.

Thanks
Reply 433
Has anyone had reply's from York St John regarding interviews or offers?
Reply 434
Hey everyone,

I'm also currently on an access course and glad to read I'm not the only one! Most people on my course want to do nursing.
I'm waiting to hear back from my choices but I only sent my UCAS off last week so I doubt I'll hear back until after Christmas now.
I've applied to MMU, Leeds Beckett, Salford, Sheffield Hallam and Keele.
Fingers crossed!!
Hi guys,
I was in your position last year and the waiting is awful, checking your emails every 5 mins, stressing over your results etc! I felt like I received rejection after rejection but try not to let it get you down too much, every uni looks for something different and I'm now in my first year doing physio! Don't forget, you only need one offer so keep your chins up, you'll get there! You may not hear anything over the Christmas period so try to enjoy the break and relax :smile: Good luck everyone!
Original post by rachel81
Hi guys,
I was in your position last year and the waiting is awful, checking your emails every 5 mins, stressing over your results etc! I felt like I received rejection after rejection but try not to let it get you down too much, every uni looks for something different and I'm now in my first year doing physio! Don't forget, you only need one offer so keep your chins up, you'll get there! You may not hear anything over the Christmas period so try to enjoy the break and relax :smile: Good luck everyone!

Hey! Where are you studying and what's the course like? :smile:
Original post by Lucytal
Hey! Where are you studying and what's the course like? :smile:

Hi :smile: I'm at Nottingham. The course is pretty intense but I'm loving every second of it. There's so much support and the lecturers are lovely :smile:
Hey guys!I sent my PS off a week ago and I've got an interview for Coventry and i'm patiently waiting to hear from my other uni's. I say patiently but this waiting game is awful! My heart literally stops everytime my phone vibrates to tell me I have a new email :colondollar:. Trying to keep up on top of my A-levels, mocks, my job and still have a social life is absolutely draining. Anyone have any tips on how I can stop being so stressed? If anyone else has an interview for Jan at Coventry then message me and we can prepare together!
Original post by megakhadkax
Hey guys!I sent my PS off a week ago and I've got an interview for Coventry and i'm patiently waiting to hear from my other uni's. I say patiently but this waiting game is awful! My heart literally stops everytime my phone vibrates to tell me I have a new email :colondollar:. Trying to keep up on top of my A-levels, mocks, my job and still have a social life is absolutely draining. Anyone have any tips on how I can stop being so stressed? If anyone else has an interview for Jan at Coventry then message me and we can prepare together!

Hiya! I'm exactly the same but I don't have an interview at Coventry I have one at Brunel in Jan :^_^: What A levels are you doing and where else have you applied? To destress, I keep telling myself that it's out of my hands now so there's no point in worrying over something I can't change, but at least you have one! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending