Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can make a group tomorrow, however some of you will have to pm me your fb links so I can add you before hand as I can't make the group unless I add people from my friends list to it first... It's a pain.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else requested interview feedback?

The response I got from the admissions team is that you needed a score of 22.00 for an offer. I got 26.75 but am unsure what it's out of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnoldschnitzel)
    Anyone else requested interview feedback?

The response I got from the admissions team is that you needed a score of 22.00 for an offer. I got 26.75 but am unsure what it's out of!
    Wow they released the score to you already? I was told they wouldn't until they've interviewed everyone .... Oh well it's not really any advantage to the February interviewees.

That's interesting . This year it was 22.00 , last year it was 21.33 I believe .

Nice score, it's out of 30. Now I want to know what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been asked before, and I know you can't say anything specific, but any really general tips on the interview?

Also, its an MMI right?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    Sorry if this has been asked before, and I know you can't say anything specific, but any really general tips on the interview?

Also, its an MMI right?

Thanks
    It's not MMI, it's panel they have some information on the website about the qualities they're looking for eg flexibility and motivation for studying medicine. I prepared for my interview by writing down bullet points for the obvious kind of questions and practiced saying them with my sister. I also read through the isc medical book which I found useful and asked friends and family to ask me questions from there. As for ethics, I read through GMC's guide for good medical practice. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariapops)
    It's not MMI, it's panel they have some information on the website about the qualities they're looking for eg flexibility and motivation for studying medicine. I prepared for my interview by writing down bullet points for the obvious kind of questions and practiced saying them with my sister. I also read through the isc medical book which I found useful and asked friends and family to ask me questions from there. As for ethics, I read through GMC's guide for good medical practice. Good luck!
    Thank you!

But whats the isc book?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

But whats the isc book?
    It's a highly recommended book for preparation for a medical interview.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interviews-Q.../dp/1905812051

ReputationRep:
    Offer holders page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/665757426900648/

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link for Plymouth dentistry offer holders:
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/196779...resh_sidenav=1

The group's title looks like it's only for medical offer holders, can dentistry ones join too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Here's a link for Plymouth dentistry offer holders:
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/196779...resh_sidenav=1

The group's title looks like it's only for medical offer holders, can dentistry ones join too?
    Yeah join if you want .
    I'll change the name now, It was originally meant for med, thought dentistry had one, but I guess not.. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    People who recieved interview invitations:

Right, so they sent me the email about 10 days ago now, saying that details of the date, time and place of venue would be sent to me by the end of Jan 2016.

However, track haven't sent me anything, and in previous emails, the email said if it is an invitation to interview, I should reply straight away.

But I can't since is there is no update (even though I have a total of 3 emails, but only 2 updates)

Should I call UCAS?

What happened when you guys got the email from the uni?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    People who recieved interview invitations:

Right, so they sent me the email about 10 days ago now, saying that details of the date, time and place of venue would be sent to me by the end of Jan 2016.

However, track haven't sent me anything, and in previous emails, the email said if it is an invitation to interview, I should reply straight away.

But I can't since is there is no update (even though I have a total of 3 emails, but only 2 updates)

Should I call UCAS?

What happened when you guys got the email from the uni?

Thanks in advance.
    UCAS don't deal with interviews so if Plymouth have sent an email regarding an interview it will not be updated on track.
    If Plymouth have said they will send more details regarding your interview then you will have to wait until they send you the venue and the time, once you get the email it should say when and whom to reply to confirm your interview attendance.
    Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GameofStones)
    UCAS don't deal with interviews so if Plymouth have sent an email regarding an interview it will not be updated on track.
    Track can update for interviews (e.g. it does for Glasgow dentistry interviews) it's just that not all unis use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GameofStones)
    If Plymouth have said they will send more details regarding your interview then you will have to wait until they send you the venue and the time, once you get the email it should say when and whom to reply to confirm your interview attendance.
    Hope that helps.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I was on the 27th at 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trippside)
    I was on the 27th at 11
    Ahhhh yay! Hey so was I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trippside)
    I was on the 27th at 11
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Any International students - how are you planning to pay for the fees?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Is anyone going to the offer holders days on either 23rd Feb or 8th March?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.