Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by computing_tech)
    Got denied yesterday evening after applying mid-october. I am an EU applicant doing the IB. I had a 42/45 predicted grade including 7/7/7 in my higher levels. I have never received any invitation for an interview or an online test. What do you guys suggest may be the reasons?
    The admissions tutor said that they'd be happy to tell you the reasons for rejection if you send them an email :/

ReputationRep:
    Got denied yesterday evening after applying mid-october. I am an EU applicant doing the IB. I had a 42/45 predicted grade including 7/7/7 in my higher levels. I have never received any invitation for an interview or an online test. What do you guys suggest may be the reasons?
    Either there was a problem with your ps or the subject was very competitive this year. There have been similar cases in my school with people with 43 777 not even being invited for interview. Still some of their decisions are very weird in the department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomNickname)
    Received an offer after skype interview on the 2nd of march, A*A*AA and grade 2 in step 1 :/
    Anyone else with step?
    Congrats! I have the same step offer :/ Hopefully we'll both make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecsstudent)
    Congrats! I have the same step offer :/ Hopefully we'll both make it
    Yeah! Starting prep like today!

ReputationRep:
    Recieves the conditions... A*AAA (A* in Maths) + Grade 2 in STEP 1 :/

Would have preferred a requirement of A* in FM instead of the STEP requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js.int)
    Recieves the conditions... A*AAA (A* in Maths) + Grade 2 in STEP 1 :/

Would have preferred a requirement of A* in FM instead of the STEP requirement.
    Welcome to the club!
    It's so weird :/

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I'm a little late, but I too have an offer from the department of computing - for JMC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabenite)
    Hello everyone, I'm a little late, but I too have an offer from the department of computing - for JMC.
    Welcome to the club, I applied for JMC too
    i got the informal offer email too, waiting until track updates so i'd know my conditions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N92991)
    Welcome to the club, I applied for JMC too
    i got the informal offer email too, waiting until track updates so i'd know my conditions
    Congrats on your offers! Where are you from if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozoey)
    I hail from a little place called maldives
    Also, Track just updated , and my condition(s) is/are............getting an A* in further maths. THANKGOD NO STEP
    (Well to be fair STEP papers arent even done here and Id have to go to Sri Lanka during next mayjune when ill be doing the further math exams just to sit STEP, so its cool

ReputationRep:
    Also, Track just updated , and my condition(s) is/are............getting an A* in further maths. THANKGOD NO STEP
    (Well to be fair STEP papers arent even done here and Id have to go to Sri Lanka during next mayjune when ill be doing the further math exams just to sit STEP, so its cool
    That's quite nice for JMC congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozoey)
    FFrom Manchester and I need A*A*A and STEP 3

ReputationRep:
    congrats, hopefully see you in October if you firm Imperial

ReputationRep:
    congrats, hopefully see you in October if you firm Imperial
    Lol do u really mean that ? Ofc ill firm imperial are you jmc too?

ReputationRep:
    Lol do u really mean that ? Ofc ill firm imperial are you jmc too?
    I wondered if you had an offer from somewhere like Cambridge which could be a hard choice for some, yeah I'm JMC and I firmed Imperial as soon as I got the offer.

ReputationRep:
    I wondered if you had an offer from somewhere like Cambridge which could be a hard choice for some, yeah I'm JMC and I firmed Imperial as soon as I got the offer.
    Didnt apply for oxbridge due to various reasons the main one being laziness . hope to see u there

ReputationRep:
    lol 44 777 international applicant here, and I got rejected straightaway for both JMC and computing without online test/interview. I guess it is just too competitive this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Troll)
    lol 44 777 international applicant here, and I got rejected straightaway for both JMC and computing without online test/interview. I guess it is just too competitive this year.
    Holy ****! Sorry bro

ReputationRep:
    How's stuff going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomNickname)
    How's stuff going?
    very low profile,
    But I found a youtube channel run by current students and they provide an insight of what to expect there
    channel link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC69...Cb4tmPLrayVeBQ

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.