Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightymo)
    Edinburgh. Rejected from Aberdeen post interview and Glasgow pre-interview.[/QUOTE

I am nearly the same, rejected from Glasgow pre-interview, Waiting list for Aberdeen and offer from Edinburgh ☺️

UKCAT let me down for Glasgow (cut off was around 2700 and I got 2680) 😔
    I was really surprised by getting an offer as I thought I would lose quite a few points on edinburgh's scoring system.
    I got waitlisted for Aberdeen too and I was seriously surprised about Edinburgh because I only got 2630 for UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic98)
    I got waitlisted for Aberdeen too and I was seriously surprised about Edinburgh because I only got 2630 for UKCAT.
    probably coz ur ps and everything else are amazing!
    congratz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junioh)
    probably coz ur ps and everything else are amazing!
    congratz!
    Aww thank you! 😊 I'm sure you'll get offers soon!! Hopefully Dundee get back to us tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    All you guys have such amazing stats, I wish you all the best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    offerless atm
    Is Dundee all you are waiting to hear back from now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic98)
    We're exactly the same! I got offered the waiting list but as I have an offer I asked them to remove me . And we have the same UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin man)
    How did you get an offer from Edinburgh but not Glasgow PRE interview?

Just curious because surely Edinburgh is way harder?
    Glasgow rank by UKCAT to interview, whereas Edinburgh use personal statement etc. Also I'm leaps eligible so that helps at Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDarlo91)
    anybody had any offers elsewhere?
    Offer from Glasgow last night and rejection from Edinburgh last week
    UKCAT was 2670
    Thinking it was my interview for Gladgow cause they really got to see what I'm like and you can talk about loads more than you can fit in 4000 characters for PS

ReputationRep:
    not too well :/
    thank you tho!
    wbu?
    I found dundee super hard tbh. I walked out feeling like I was blown any chance of being there. I forgot who I was meant to be half way through the role play.

"so why have you come to see me... "
    actor "no... you asked me to come see you"
    me: "oh yes... thats right, why did I ask you again?" haha

ReputationRep:
    Offer - RUK Graduate. Good luck all who are waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDarlo91)
    I found dundee super hard tbh. I walked out feeling like I was blown any chance of being there. I forgot who I was meant to be half way through the role play.

"so why have you come to see me... "
    actor "no... you asked me to come see you"
    me: "oh yes... thats right, why did I ask you again?" haha
    Know exactly how you feel.

I don't want to say too much about the interview because of the NDA, but I thought it was a poorly thought out exercise and, more importantly, a missed opportunity to withdraw useful information from interviewees.

They give you the big spiel before your interviews start about how they were the first UK medical school to bring the MMI to the country; yet, the environment they create is, IMO, not conducive to optimal interviewee performance and borderline hostile. By comparison, Aberdeen had a much better grasp of 1) the optimal interview environment, and 2) the structure of the MMI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sigma-Freud)
    Know exactly how you feel.

I don't want to say too much about the interview because of the NDA, but I thought it was a poorly thought out exercise and, more importantly, a missed opportunity to withdraw useful information from interviewees.

They give you the big spiel before your interviews start about how they were the first UK medical school to bring the MMI to the country; yet, the environment they create is, IMO, not conducive to optimal interviewee performance and borderline hostile. By comparison, Aberdeen had a much better grasp of 1) the optimal interview environment, and 2) the structure of the MMI.
    I suspect though, the environment they make is deliberate and to test other aspects of your performance, such as how to remain calm in uncertainty and manage immediate and demanding information.

on reflection as well there were discrepancies in some of the info giving by the actors in the role play, which again I suspect they wanted you to try and pick up on. at the time I didn't I was to busy trying to remember what station I was at :P

Aberdeen was a lot nicer. I know what you mean by the interview environment

ReputationRep:
    For those of you with offers:
    Does it come through Track or the eVision page first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alpax97)
    For those of you with offers:
    Does it come through Track or the eVision page first?
    Just checked my evision and I have an offer! Not come through by email or track. Scottish school leaver, BBB. Good luck guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muz360)
    Just checked my evision and I have an offer! Not come through by email or track. Scottish school leaver, BBB. Good luck guys!

Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! May I ask the first letter of your surname and the date of your interview? Thanks
    (Original post by wanab)
    Offer - RUK Graduate. Good luck all who are waiting to hear.
    (Original post by muz360)

ReputationRep:
    Just got my update through evision too! Got my offer! So excited just need to choose between Dundee and Glasgow. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional checked via evision! Scottish applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer for a 2:1 on my degree Good luck to everyone! It is on evision that it updated and first of all my qualifications got updated to accepted and straight after the offer came in so check evision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LHC)
    Offer for a 2:1 on my degree Good luck to everyone! It is on evision that it updated and first of all my qualifications got updated to accepted and straight after the offer came in so check evision!
    Hey well done. what is your degree in?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.