Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommb84)
    Lucky you! With Liverpool did your acknowledgement email introduce an admissions officer? I fear mine is going to take a while and wasn't accepted by the admissions team so has gone to a tutor for a decision instead.
    Yeah a lady called Claire Willets I think. I'm sure you'll get an offer soon. The trick is to refresh track as many times as you can until it breaks

(Original post by chiarax213)
    I got an offer from University of Leeds yesterday
    well done! I applied 6 days ago! what did you apply for and what grades are you predicted can I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesomewarsome)
    Got an offer from kings for international relations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking;
    Where else did you apply?
    What did you get at AS?
    What are you predicted?

Thank u, I am just worrying a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadsd97)
    If you don't mind me asking;
    Where else did you apply?
    What did you get at AS?
    What are you predicted?

Thank u, I am just worrying a little
    I applied to Cambridge, LSE, SOAS, and Queen Mary's.
    I got AABB at AS and predicted A*AA

Don't worry at all, it takes time for applications to get processed, especially for competitive courses such as IR, Kings isnt one of those unis that hoard applications until everyones is in, unlike lse ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    Yeah a lady called Claire Willets I think. I'm sure you'll get an offer soon. The trick is to refresh track as many times as you can until it breams
    May I ask how long it took to receive an offer after an acknowledgement? I got an acknowledgement on monday

(Original post by emmathereader)
    I'm sure you'll get something soon! I applied to four courses on the 12th Oct and one course last night, and typically the only offer I've had was from the one I applied to yesterday! Still waiting on the other four! Where have you applied, and for what course?
    Applied for York, Leeds, Manchester, MMU and Salford. I applied for Maths.
    It's just a waiting game and I'm so impatient.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton two and a half weeks ago.

Just received my first offer today from Southampton for Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering! Not sure what it was like for other people, but Southampton was the fastest for me. Still have not heard anything from the others, but due to the vast amounts of people applying they probably have not looked at my application yet so hopefully I should hear something soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pottermad_)
    Applied for York, Leeds, Manchester, MMU and Salford. I applied for Maths.
    It's just a waiting game and I'm so impatient.
    Nice choices - I really liked York but unfortunately their course wasn't quite right for me. I get you! I'm a very impatient person!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=bioeng98;60265951]I applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton two and a half weeks ago.

Just received my first offer today from Southampton for Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering! Not sure what it was like for other people, but Southampton was the fastest for me. Still have not heard anything from the others, but due to the vast amounts of people applying they probably have not looked at my application yet so hopefully I should hear something soon.[/QUOTE

you r lucky to get southampton's in 2.5 weeks.

i m still waiting , having applied 3.5 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bioeng98)
    I applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton two and a half weeks ago.

Just received my first offer today from Southampton for Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering! Not sure what it was like for other people, but Southampton was the fastest for me. Still have not heard anything from the others, but due to the vast amounts of people applying they probably have not looked at my application yet so hopefully I should hear something soon.

can u kindly tell if u r an international applicant ?
    was there any interview fr southampton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    can u kindly tell if u r an international applicant ?
    was there any interview fr southampton?
    Nope, not an international applicant. I think there would be interviews for some subjects, but not for the subject that I am applying for. It says that I have an offer on UCAS track conditional on me achieving A*A in maths and physics, A in further maths, though I have not had an email from Southampton itself yet. I suppose I'll probably be invited to visit Southampton for one of those applicants.

Where have you applied? Which subject(s)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte)
    May I ask how long it took to receive an offer after an acknowledgement? I got an acknowledgement on monday
    Well I sent my application on Wednesday got the acknowledgement on the Friday and recieved an offer on Wednesday so 5 days (or 3 working days)

ReputationRep:
    UCL were quick to offer me an interview for English.

Durham, St. Andrews. Exeter are going to take ages though.

Nice choices - I really liked York but unfortunately their course wasn't quite right for me. I get you! I'm a very impatient person!
    I know! I just really don't know which one I'd choose, and having no offers back really doesn't help me. I'm just really scared of 5 rejections, like I know it's not very likely but I'm just nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know! I just really don't know which one I'd choose, and having no offers back really doesn't help me. I'm just really scared of 5 rejections, like I know it's not very likely but I'm just nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of people are terrified of getting five rejections - I was - and unfortunately the only way of solving that is getting an offer. You do have a while to try and figure out which you'd choose though, and I'm trying not to think about that situation until I've heard back from a couple more unis and have a better idea of the offers I'm dealing with.
    I like your username btw :P

A lot of people are terrified of getting five rejections - I was - and unfortunately the only way of solving that is getting an offer. You do have a while to try and figure out which you'd choose though, and I'm trying not to think about that situation until I've heard back from a couple more unis and have a better idea of the offers I'm dealing with.
    I like your username btw :P
    Yes I suppose. I'm happy that you've got an offer! Maybe it's the fact that it's only been a week since I've sent it off, just got to be patient.
    I LOVE HARRY POTTER OMG ITS LITERALLY THE SOCIETY I WILL DEFINITELY JOINING!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I suppose. I'm happy that you've got an offer! Maybe it's the fact that it's only been a week since I've sent it off, just got to be patient.
    I LOVE HARRY POTTER OMG ITS LITERALLY THE SOCIETY I WILL DEFINITELY JOINING!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear something in a bit
    ME TOO, I'LL BE HUNTING OUT THE SOCIETY TOO :P

Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear something in a bit
    ME TOO, I'LL BE HUNTING OUT THE SOCIETY TOO :P
    I know, I feel quite upset we have not applied to the same uni, we could of joined together, haha!

ReputationRep:
    I know, I feel quite upset we have not applied to the same uni, we could of joined together, haha!
    Me too lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I applied for English Literature and I'm predicted A*AA

well done! I applied 6 days ago! what did you apply for and what grades are you predicted can I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.