Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonD_1697)
    Did anyone do the OCR chains energy and resources re-sit today? (Year 13)
    If so how did you find it?
    Yes and it was amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please clarify this because I've seen it different on 2 different markschemes
    Is it that benzene cannot induce a dipole in Br2 but phenol can or induces a dipole less than phenol in Br 2 - confused which is correct
    Also would it be correct to say pi-electrons or pi-bonds when describing the bonding in benzene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    Can someone please clarify this because I've seen it different on 2 different markschemes
    Is it that benzene cannot induce a dipole in Br2 but phenol can or induces a dipole less than phenol in Br 2 - confused which is correct
    Also would it be correct to say pi-electrons or pi-bonds when describing the bonding in benzene?
    probably that benzene can induce a dipole less than phenol but not strong enough to polarise br2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can say either I think, for the newer papers it says benzene polarises bromine less and then it has Allow benzene cannot polarise bromine/cannot induce a dipole. I just did a 2010 paper again and it didn't have polarises bromine less on the ms but I assume that was because it's old?
    I think you can say pi-electrons or pi-bonds it doesn't matter either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know if we can access the specimen papers for other years? I ran out of F324 papers and just found a specimen paper but there's only one on the website. Idk if they produce them every year or just when the spec changed in 2010? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    please help with question 6c
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    It would be G and F alternating but with H's in between them since G and F are Di carboxylic acids so they can't bond to each other only to H? So GHFHGHFHGHFH. What paper is that question from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, would much appreciate the 'markscheme definitions', for:

addition polymerisation
    condensation polymerisation

I know what they are as a concept, just not sure what marking points are looked for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    It would be G and F alternating but with H's in between them since G and F are Di carboxylic acids so they can't bond to each other only to H? So GHFHGHFHGHFH. What paper is that question from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's correct. Would like to know the paper also

Edit: http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OC...08%20(old).pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BalsamFresh)
    Hi guys, would much appreciate the 'markscheme definitions', for:

addition polymerisation
    condensation polymerisation

I know what they are as a concept, just not sure what marking points are looked for.
    Condensation polymer:
    Monomers join to form polymer AND produce small molecule/H2O

Addition polymer definition isn't on spec but it should be:
    Unsaturated (C=C) monomer is saturated (-C-C-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    Hey does anyone know if we can access the specimen papers for other years? I ran out of F324 papers and just found a specimen paper but there's only one on the website. Idk if they produce them every year or just when the spec changed in 2010? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

I think the one on the website is the only one.
    Just do the legacy papers on pastpaper.org?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for these resources especially standard answers!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be taking OCR chemistry a level next year and was wondering what your opinions are of it. Is it hard? and do you recommend any revision books that I could get in advance.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hrp16)
    Hi, I will be taking OCR chemistry a level next year and was wondering what your opinions are of it. Is it hard? and do you recommend any revision books that I could get in advance.
    Thanks
    At first it all looks ridiculously hard but, as with anything, once you get to the end of the course you realise how straightforward a lot of it is.

The hard part is teaching yourself to learn in a way you really understand something rather than trying to memorise answers. If you don't understand it you'll get ****ed in the exams.

As for learning material, the specification has changed so it will be different to what we've just done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting a-level chemistry this year and I'm going into year 12. Do you think i should buy the textbooks ?

ReputationRep:
    Can't thank you enough for these study notes and resources, definitely helped me to achieve A*s in maths, physics and chemistry too this summer so thanks for being willing to share them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I will be starting a-level chemistry this year and I'm going into year 12. Do you think i should buy the textbooks ?
    Its a new spec for you as the previous year was the last. Make sure to get textbooks reccomended for YOUR new spec (2016/2017 onwards)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I can't seem to find the resources on the link. Are you able to PM me by any chance of possible please or share on drop box please?

Thanks MissChem

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on getting an A* in Chemistry?
    Is there any additional resources that I could use to help me achieve this grade?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    1. Can anyone plz confirm if titrimetric analysis and conductimetric analysis are in the specification for unit 4 A2 or no?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.