Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT0121)
    i got AACD in alevels and still got an offer, most important thing is the PS
    What course? I thought my personal statement was quite strong but I also got 4As

ReputationRep:
    Guys, posted this on the accommodation thread as well..
    I am applying for accommodation after receiving my offer for law. I was wondering.. for the option in the Application Form about whether I would consider another hall or another type of room, should I tick yes? Perhaps this would affect my offer for accommodation? I am thinking that I would end up with an expensive hall or a shared room, as opposed to my single room at Carr-Saunders, Rosebery or Passfield..What did you choose at that particular question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlawyer)
    Guys, posted this on the accommodation thread as well..
    I am applying for accommodation after receiving my offer for law. I was wondering.. for the option in the Application Form about whether I would consider another hall or another type of room, should I tick yes? Perhaps this would affect my offer for accommodation? I am thinking that I would end up with an expensive hall or a shared room, as opposed to my single room at Carr-Saunders, Rosebery or Passfield..What did you choose at that particular question?
    I ticked yes and I just made sure all my rooms were ones that i wanted, I got offered my first anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_mc)
    I ticked yes and I just made sure all my rooms were ones that i wanted, I got offered my first anyway :P
    I didn't have the patience anymore and sent my application form, after ticking no. I just thought that I don't want an offer for a more expensive single or a shared room that I can't turn down after that, so.. Hope I don't end up living on the street )
    What hall did you choose anyway and when did you apply for accommodation?
    By the way, thank you for your response anyway

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have the patience anymore and sent my application form, after ticking no. I just thought that I don't want an offer for a more expensive single or a shared room that I can't turn down after that, so.. Hope I don't end up living on the street )
    Hi Alex
    My son ticked no and ended up with his first choice of Carr Saunders single. Hope this helps.😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Hi Alex
    My son ticked no and ended up with his first choice of Carr Saunders single. Hope this helps.😀
    It really does! Thank you very much! What was his first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex
    Wow, so tired, I didn't even see I was asking something you already mentioned. My bad

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so tired, I didn't even see I was asking something you already mentioned. My bad
    Haha, all that studying!! After much research he decided that Carr Saunders was the one he liked best. It sounds really sociable and in a great location. Where is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I got passfield which was my preference but i was choosing between the same three as you are Im sure you wont i applied two weeks ago and heard a week later

(Original post by James_mc)
    I got passfield which was my preference but i was choosing between the same three as you are Im sure you wont i applied two weeks ago and heard a week later
    I put Passfield as my first choice, hopefully I get it

ReputationRep:
    Haha, all that studying!! After much research he decided that Carr Saunders was the one he liked best. It sounds really sociable and in a great location. Where is your first choice?
    I really liked Rosebery. Carr-Saunders is my second choice.
    I don't know, when I researched the halls, this one, Rosebery felt like the right fit for me, although I have to say that I was tempted to put Carr-Saunders.Then I started thinking that being a 31 week contract, I don't have a place to leave my stuff and since I am an international student, carrying them back with me every holiday felt like a difficult situation to find myself into. I saw that Rosebery had both 31 and 38 week contract, so hopefully I get to meet someone I can trust and who would be so kind as to keep some of my stuff in his room while on holidays. Hope everything will be fine

ReputationRep:
    I really liked Rosebery. Carr-Saunders is my second choice.
    I don't know, when I researched the halls, this one, Rosebery felt like the right fit for me, although I have to say that I was tempted to put Carr-Saunders.Then I started thinking that being a 31 week contract, I don't have a place to leave my stuff and since I am an international student, carrying them back with me every holiday felt like a difficult situation to find myself into. I saw that Rosebery had both 31 and 38 week contract, so hopefully I get to meet someone I can trust and who would be so kind as to keep some of my stuff in his room while on holidays. Hope everything will be fine
    I think you can pay to get your things stored. Don't think you'll find it a problem. My daughter's at university in Scotland and a group of them pay a small amount to get their belongings stored. We live in Ireland so there's no point in bringing everything home.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can pay to get your things stored. Don't think you'll find it a problem. My daughter's at university in Scotland and a group of them pay a small amount to get their belongings stored. We live in Ireland so there's no point in bringing everything home.
    Oh, I see. It didn't occur to me, but then again, I really liked the hall. It is a great advice, though! Thank you

Oh, I see. It didn't occur to me, but then again, I really liked the hall. It is a great advice, though! Thank you
    LSE passfield allows you to leave 1 bag during the XMAS and Easter break at no charge. I expect the others will offer this service. There is a limit on the dimensions but I don't think they check it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year law student at LSE right now and I'm on the committee of Carr Saunders Halls so feel free to ask me any questions about the accommodation or LSE in general.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to defer an offer to next year if I wish to take a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Bankside or Passfield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanAlam)
    I'm a first year law student at LSE right now and I'm on the committee of Carr Saunders Halls so feel free to ask me any questions about the accommodation or LSE in general.
    Is the bar in the basement still in use??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahk4y)
    Is the bar in the basement still in use??
    Hasn't been used this year because of construction. Not sure about next year, but we'll do open bars for big events like for freshers events, Halloween etc

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am from India doing my IBDP from Switzerland. I have been offered BSC Sociology from LSE and Information Management for Business from UCL. Being from Asian background what are the post course employment options fro me especially with the new VISA rules which have come into effect from April 2016 for Tier -II Work Permit. I want forum inputs whether I should choose one of these courses and if yes which one would have better prospects of getting a job immediately after completing the course. Alternatively should I consider BA in Economics from UoT in Canada. Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.