Turn on thread page Beta

Ngdp lga 2015/16 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances234)
    Yes hopefully that is the case and I guess they can't keep calling until they hear back from the candidates they called first? Either way I hate this waiting !
    Yes I think you may be right there. In which case, it might not be until round midday tomorrow that the next batch of us hear anything.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem like anybody got a call today (well from people on here and the people I met at AC stage), which supports the theory of everybody with offers hearing yesterday. It all seems a bit strange though, 130 candidates, 120 places, surely not everybody they phoned yesterday had three offers? The suspense is killing me, would rather just hear for certain that I had no offers/was on a reserve list for somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not the only one waiting on tenterhooks- I've been glued to my phone for the third day running

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything either! Maybe different councils are ringing on different days. I don't think we should be just making up theories of who has gotten rang and who hasn't though. It could be totally random depending on the councils, don't stress yourselves out.

ReputationRep:
    No news for me, nor one of the other people I’m still in touch with from my assessment centre... Agree it may not be wise to try and second-guess the order of phone calls. I’m sure it’s quite a complicated chain reaction where a lot will depend on the first round of people, and it may be that they have to call the most popular councils/councils with most interviewees first before they can assign the rest of us, rather than necessarily it working by a candidate ranking system. Hopefully there will be another round of calls tomorrow once the first people have had their 48 hour consideration time.

Feel like I’ve lost three days of my life to worrying about these bleeding results... Would have rather they said the results were coming Friday, and surprised some people by telling them early, rather than leaving us to a whole week of worrying!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'll just comment on here as it may help quell your fears e.g. K1995c
    Someone from the NGDP team called me on tuesday afternoon although I missed the call. I received an email this morning asking if I could call back to get my results. I called back this morning and on the phone was told that I was successful in all 3 interviews and I should let the NGDP team know by this Thursday at 2pm.

I presume that once I've chosen my council, the other 2 councils I reject will then take their back up people etc.

Hope this helps!

J

ReputationRep:
    Just a point on the ordering of phone calls: when I got my call on Tuesday afternoon I was told that I had offers from three of the four councils i interviewed at. I made by decision there and then, so I assume the first people on the reserve lists for the councils that I turned down will be (or will have been) contacted. It makes sense to order it as a chain reaction.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my call just the one offer, but it was my second choice, so I'm really happy can finally tell my friends and family what I'm doing after graduation!!

ReputationRep:
    Kind of dissillusioned by this whole process.

We've had zero info - and i've had zero calls, so im gathering I don't have a place - or atleast my place is dependent on another declining.

On top of this - i was only offered 2 interviews (apparently on the basis on being available - i had masters finals exams.. as does everyone at this time of the year). So i feel like i've had less chances than those who had 4 interviews. Especially as one of the interviews i had was in a very competitive area, and the other only had 2 places...

ReputationRep:
    Really surprised not to have heard from them yet, even just to tell me I have no offers. Everybody who was called Tuesday has already had to give their decision so it seems strange.

As above, I'm also feeling quite disillusioned with the process at this stage, they seemed quite positive about most people getting placed all along but there still seems to be a lot of people who haven't heard.

ReputationRep:
    They tweeted that they were still working on getting the results out this week so I wouldn't be too worried about not hearing yet. I was called today and offered one place out of 5 interviews which I was happy with, but I asked if there was a chance of getting any more offers and they said no so it does seem like most people have already accepted places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 140895)
    They tweeted that they were still working on getting the results out this week so I wouldn't be too worried about not hearing yet. I was called today and offered one place out of 5 interviews which I was happy with, but I asked if there was a chance of getting any more offers and they said no so it does seem like most people have already accepted places.
    This doesnt bode well..

Youre lucky that you were given 5 interviews.

I do feel like people given more intervews obviously have more chances.. just seems arbitrarily unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hrwry)
    This doesnt bode well..

Youre lucky that you were given 5 interviews.

I do feel like people given more intervews obviously have more chances.. just seems arbitrarily unfair.
    It's partly a result of your preferences though. If you put London, East of England, or South East down you're more likely to get interviews as there are more councils taking part. If you put the North East or West Midlands down then their options for where to offer you an interview are inevitably restricted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc2001)
    Really surprised not to have heard from them yet, even just to tell me I have no offers. Everybody who was called Tuesday has already had to give their decision so it seems strange.

As above, I'm also feeling quite disillusioned with the process at this stage, they seemed quite positive about most people getting placed all along but there still seems to be a lot of people who haven't heard.
    Well, when Sadie emailed me on Tuesday, after I enquiried as to when we will hear, she said they hoped to get them all out by Monday 13th.

So there's 2 working days left. And by that I reckon they're only roughly 2/3 through the process. Plus they seem to always run late and plenty of us haven't heard anything yet!

I'm trying to not let pessimism get the better of me as it is so frustrating to not know having come so near to a dream job yet so far!

ReputationRep:
    Just to let everybody know, they've now confirmed via Twitter that interview results will run into next week, so don't necessarily expect to hear back by close of business today! I think this has been one of the longest weeks of my life!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I spoke with Emilia yesterday to get clarification on all of this. The order of phone calls are as follows - people with the most offers, i.e- 3/4 get called first as they are the hardest to sort out as they will be rejecting three councils. People with just one offer will get told at a later date as I assume there is more of a certainty that they will take the offer up at that council, so nothing to really sort out or rejig. I got phoned yesterday around 12.30pm and was offered a place at one of the councils, only one offer which I obviously took. So basically, don't worry too much, there are A LOT of people to get through and the people getting rang today/ early next week doesn't mean you don't have an offer, just means you may have one offer instead of like 3 or 4. The people that interviewed at more councils will obviously get more offers. So it is nothing to do with a ranking system really. I only interviewed at two councils as I wanted to stay up North, so less likely to get lots of offers. Keep the faith!! Good luck! X

ReputationRep:
    Yes - as above - i only went to two interviews, and only got one offer, and they've only just let me know, so obviously i accepted that offer.

It appears that if you have only a few offers, or 1 - theyll get round to ringing you later

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to anyone still waiting for a call tomorrow! As I understood it from the information day, by the time it gets to this stage it’s pretty much 1:1 applicants:jobs, and they’ve never been able to fill all 120 places, so hopefully it’ll be good news for everyone

ReputationRep:
    I just got a call, offered my first choice (which I accepted!) and I am first reserve for the other two councils I interviewed with but these places will now be reallocated. So, definitely don't worry if you are still waiting to hear, although I know that's easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, finally got my call. Not my first choice - one I was assigned an interview at rather than chose but they really impressed me at their interview day. Maybe that showed when I sat down for my interview?!

Phew. This has been the longest week ever!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.