The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I think our number one priority should be to rebuild the "brand" of Manchester United which can only be done if we challenge for trophies in the PL and in Europe. I doubt Jose would leave us for Madrid seeing as he has "been there and done that" but then again he might but isn't that true of all managers including Pep and Carlo?

If what you are saying is true and Jose leaves in 2-3 years, I think with Jose at the helm he would rebuild the brand of Manchester United and we'd be competing for trophies which is what we all want. Then after those 2-3 years we look at our options and see how Neville is doing and if Giggs can find a job see if he is Man United material and if not then appoint another top manager. Remember Jose is also a player magnet, in that top players want to play for him which might make it easier to sign the top top players which Ed is looking for.

reckon we should get him on a 2/3 year contract and send giggs somewhere to manage...hes been sitting on the bench doing nothing of note
Original post by qasidb
Anyone else have the REALISTIC feeling that LVG will imminently be sacked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by sr90
Yes

Me too, but we'd only sack him if we had a confirmed replacement in my opinion. Like if we had a deal for Jose or Carlo to come in otherwise I get the feeling we will have to wait till May.
The ball dropped at @AnthonyMartial's feet after Rooney's flick and the French striker showed great feet to fire home. Come on! #mufc

OMD. They acted as if Rooney meant to do that. :biggrin:
Original post by hayles101
Bet you wished he had been. Useless ****.

Imagine people were defending Van Gaal only weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y u ignore Hayles?

I need to get my trolling in before we lose tomorrow.
Watford are above us in the league :colonhash:
Original post by qasidb
Anyone else have the REALISTIC feeling that LVG will imminently be sacked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
LVG's post match words contrast to the other losses, where he is bit more upbeat. I think he's sensing the end is near, especially seeing Mourinho sacked and being linked with his job. Pep to City looks inevitable, and I would think him and Carlo have given their words to the clubs they have been linked with. If they sack him soon, they might give the job to Giggs, until the end of the season - see what he can do more than four games. But if they get Mourinho in now, would keep Giggs because when Jose implodes, least he could have an influence in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aky786UK
LVG's post match words contrast to the other losses, where he is bit more upbeat. I think he's sensing the end is near, especially seeing Mourinho sacked and being linked with his job. Pep to City looks inevitable, and I would think him and Carlo have given their words to the clubs they have been linked with. If they sack him soon, they might give the job to Giggs, until the end of the season - see what he can do more than four games. But if they get Mourinho in now, would keep Giggs because when Jose implodes, least he could have an influence in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

given up on him tbh...seems to want management on a silver platter....he needs experience first
Things are looking different, it seems like he knows he longer has his job security and a part of his arrogance/stubbornness has been swiped away. Also, Giggs finally getting up and going to the technical area, to me, looked like he was keen to impress. He hasn't done this up till now, so perhaps he knows LvG is in a muddle with the board and wants to capitalise.
Giggs is an opportunistic snake, undermined Moyes when he needed him most, broke rank only today and went onto the touchline when United went 2-0.

Where was Giggs the whole season? Simple, he knew there is no longer any need to indulge van Gaal who is a goner, so he's playing to the fans and the camera. No manager should have a no. 2 forced upon them.
Original post by Senecaa
Giggs is an opportunistic snake, undermined Moyes when he needed him most, broke rank only today and went onto the touchline when United went 2-0.

Where was Giggs the whole season? Simple, he knew there is no longer any need to indulge van Gaal who is a goner, so he's playing to the fans and the camera. No manager should have a no. 2 forced upon them.

preach
There was a picture doing the rounds on Twitter, with Giggs today, with the caption "look managerial!". To be fair, he was standing up on the touchline, briefly, last weekend towards the end but the touchline isn't too far away from the pitch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrawlx101
reckon we should get him on a 2/3 year contract and send giggs somewhere to manage...hes been sitting on the bench doing nothing of note

Agreed, I don't think you can walk into the job with no experience. People often say that Pep walked into Barca, but Pep was in charge of Barca B and did well and thus got the job.
Pep to City is worrying.

If he works his magic then regardless of who we get they could walk it.

This **** is gonna be interesting in the next few days.
Original post by Rk2k14
Pep to City is worrying.

If he works his magic then regardless of who we get they could walk it.

This **** is gonna be interesting in the next few days.

if that happens we respond with ancelotti/mourinho

Ancelotti's probably off to Bayern. No reason for him to sip from the poisoned chalice that is the United hotseat since SAF vacated it.

Mou's probably past it.

I think Simeone's a fairly young manager who would fit United.

But Scawls...
Can they stop the big man?:frown:
Original post by Senecaa
Ancelotti's probably off to Bayern. No reason for him to sip from the poisoned chalice that is the United hotseat since SAF vacated it.

Mou's probably past it.

I think Simeone's a fairly young manager who would fit United.

simeone cant speak eng plus why would he leave athletico atm...
simeone cant speak eng plus why would he leave athletico atm...

Ancelotti didn't speak a word of English before he agreed to join Chelsea, he took a lot of lessons and he won the double in his first season. Pochettino at Southampton is another.
Remember there's also the likes of Juan and Herrera who could easily translate for the rest. Still though, Simeone is really unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 439

Dunno why you've put little jack embarrassing himself in there

Latest