The Student Room Group

A-level Chemistry Revision Squad!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
Edexcel textbook is awful imo - i just use chemguide instead for most things

I have those printed out, it's very concise imo, especially for U5.
Original post by Ayman!
I have those printed out, it's very concise imo, especially for U5.

I just use them to make extensive notes tbh, they go more into why stuff happens instead of just what happens
Original post by Ayman!
Nah, it isn't a stupid question :h:

It's a textbook - "A level Chemistry" by George Facer. It's a really good reference book and I feel it covers the acid-base chapter really well. I don't even own the Edexcel A2 Chemistry book, didn't have one for AS either! :biggrin:

Buy one as soon as possible - I feel it also has some good stuff for Unit 6.

I didn't have one for As but yeah the A2 Edexcel book as awful!! It doesn't things as clear as I need them to be!

I will, massive thanks :h:
Original post by Science_help
Lets see who gets this right.
No using google or textbook btw.

What temperature does diamond melt at ? nearest 100

Hahah is this a trick? Diamond doesn't melt does it ? It burns
Original post by namenert
Hahah is this a trick? Diamond doesn't melt does it ? It burns

yep, your right, but it sublimes
Can someone help me withe questions like these please? Is there a method to figuring out the right equation? The catalyst reactions in the book i can memorise and just write down when asked but these two I actually have to work out and write but I keep getting them wrong.If someone has a good way of working out the equations please let me know.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM5-QP-JUN12.PDF Q8b
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM5-QP-JUN13.PDF Q8a
Hey ,

During an observation excerise, i got cream ppt with nitric acid and silver nitrate and adding dilute ammnonia there was no visible change, this suggests that contains iodide ions. But, when i added sodium hydroxide, it give a white ppt
Hey guys :smile: any CCEA people here? How do you feel for tomorrow?
Reply 428
Hey! I'm doing CCEA chemistry tomorrow! I'm quite nervous for it even though you don't have to revise anything for it! how does everyone feel about booklet b next week???
Reply 429
btw, how much chemistry revision has everyone done.....ive done so little!!!
So.. with only a few weeks to go, how is everyone feeling about the Chemistry exams?
Reply 431
anybody done chem 6 x written paperrr!!?/ helppppppp
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
So.. with only a few weeks to go, how is everyone feeling about the Chemistry exams?

Definitely nervous.. :redface:
Original post by haj101
Definitely nervous.. :redface:

Join the club! How much revision have you been doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Join the club! How much revision have you been doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite a bit tbh, I've been through the past papers a number of times and I'm working on the questions I find difficult...
How's your revision going?
Original post by haj101
Quite a bit tbh, I've been through the past papers a number of times and I'm working on the questions I find difficult...
How's your revision going?

Nice! Yeah I'm pretty much the same, done all the papers about 4 times- however, just done my 2015 f334 mock and I got a C 😞 upsetting as I've been getting As in the rest of the papers, but that was a hard paper I guess!
What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! Yeah I'm pretty much the same, done all the papers about 4 times- however, just done my 2015 f334 mock and I got a C 😞 upsetting as I've been getting As in the rest of the papers, but that was a hard paper I guess!
What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA for me but I totally understand where you are coming from, i also found the style of the 2015 papers a lot different to the the other past papers that I have been practising on... They managed to sneak in quite a few application questions tbh..
Main advice is to write down all the questions you don't understand use your notes and revision guide to fill in the gaps in your content knowledge...
Good luck! Hope you get what you want X
Reply 437
Hey, Does anyone know where I can find Chem 2015 3x and 6x papers?
Original post by _leenz
Hey, Does anyone know where I can find Chem 2015 3x and 6x papers?

Which board?
Reply 439
Original post by dpoojaraa
Which board?

AQA

Quick Reply

Latest