The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jon1234321
For the last ray I drew it refracted away from the normal because it was going from more optically dense to less, is this wrong?

I also did this. I think it is correct.
probs no chance of MS, noone seems to have a clue what just happened xD
Original post by JamieOH
Any chance of an unofficial mark scheme?

Trying but struggling with question order.....j panicked and just did the last 35 marks in like 15 minutes....the rocket questio wrecked me because i didnt see that the 670N was the resultant .....read the bloody question!!
Reply 423
Original post by philo-jitsu
The grating question....did you see the blue light first?

Violet is first
omg it was soooo hard! how did you find it?
Original post by philo-jitsu
I put that too....but it was 3 marks so i said amplitude stays the same.....ive never even heard of a question that relates wavelength to amplitude

What i fully put:
Increasing the frequency leads to a decrease in wavelength
a decrease in wavelength leads to a decrease in width of the "fringe"
so therefore the distance AB would decrease.

Not too sure about the amplitude too, it was a very weird 3 mark question, did they not say the Amplitude remained the same in the question? I may be wrong about this.
Reply 426
Original post by Sufyxyz
(a)Centre of mass is point where a single force can be applied with no turning effect.

(b)196N or round to 200N

(c) it can't support the boy. Took moments from the embankment

I did that too for part C. Did you say that the anticlockwise moments werent equal to clockwise moments?
And for part B i dont remember my answer, but did you use moment of the beam's weight and equate it to 3.2F.(F as in the support force of the rock)
I can't fricken believe it, all I'm wishing for now is 80 UMS
Original post by WashingPowder
What i fully put:
Increasing the frequency leads to a decrease in wavelength
a decrease in wavelength leads to a decrease in width of the "fringe"
so therefore the distance AB would decrease.

Not too sure about the amplitude too, it was a very weird 3 mark question, did they not say the Amplitude remained the same in the question? I may be wrong about this.

Amplititude stayed the same it said it the question. I put frequency increases so wavelength decreases, therefore fringe width decreases and because it was 3 marks I just guessed and wrote they would be more intense lol.
Original post by micycle
This is how I drew it:

My Digram was very similar but the when the ray left it had an angle of incidence of 0, so it just went straight out.
Reply 430
Does anyone else feel like they haven't got their grades for uni now :frown:
Original post by JamieOH
Amplititude stayed the same it said it the question. I put frequency increases so wavelength decreases, therefore fringe width decreases and because it was 3 marks I just guessed and wrote they would be more intense lol.

Yeh pretty much the same then, i was having a long hard think about intensity but in my mind the intensity should remain the same unless the slit spacing or amplitude is decreased
Reply 432
anyone here got the CHEM 2 tomoz?
Original post by sorch1
Does anyone else feel like they haven't got their grades for uni now :frown:

Me:frown: i need a C for Physics and i think i messed that up too, im legit depressed now:frown:
Reply 434
not doing this paper but i know someone who is, what's the general consensus?
Reply 435
Original post by Ayaz789
Me:frown: i need a C for Physics and i think i messed that up too, im legit depressed now:frown:

I needed an A!:frown: and only got a low B last year was hoping to get near 100% in this
Can anyone get hold of a copy of the paper? I'm a physics student and I could write some answers.
Reply 437
Original post by Yua
not doing this paper but i know someone who is, what's the general consensus?

Not hard so much as long. They shoved a lot of content (around 25 diagrams) into an 8 question paper. People ran out of time and had to rush the last couple questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sorch1
I needed an A!:frown: and only got a low B last year was hoping to get near 100% in this

I need an A in further maths , i just hate physics urghh!:frown: i need to get a B in unit 4 & a C in unit 5 which is still possible so i have to put my head down
Reply 439
Original post by JamieOH

i just put the equation, then said that if the frequency was less than the fringe spacing decreases so you would see a small peak either side of the main peak

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending