The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics (New Spec) Unit 2 - 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Lol the way this thread has turned into an argument. People have their own opinions so let them be. I suggest you guys lay this off.
Original post by Diastal
Lol the way this thread has turned into an argument. People have their own opinions so let them be. I suggest you guys lay this off.

I don't even know where this guy came from. This thread was so productive over the weekend.

I'm sorry on behalf of @ServantOfMorgoth for ruining this thread

According to @ServantOfMorgoth these are not "opinions", these are 'facts'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
People have to learn to face facts in order to do better. The only reason people go blank in exams is when they don't know their work very well. You're telling me that of you your work to a T and then you sit and can't remember anything for 1.5+ hours? That doesn't make any sense. You can argue from any angle you want but I'm right.

People can go blank for different reasons. I got an A in an AS standard maths exam, and in my recent C1 paper got all the questions right besides one. Why did I get that one wrong? I thought 16+5 was 11, not 21. Does that mean I don't know 16+5, or does that mean my mind went blank?
@ServantOfMorgoth It seems you are not welcome in this thread :frown:
Original post by harryleavey
I said:
Monetary:
- reduce base rate
Evaluation: interest rates were in-effective following 2008 due to poor confidence, leading to the introduction of QE e.g Extract A: 0.5%, near deflation...
- QE
Evaluation...
Fiscal:
- Government Spending
Evaluation...
- Reduce Taxes
Evaluation...

Pretty much exactly what I wrote! Didn't write it in the context of uk/ Japan/ EU but I mentioned that confidence in 2008 was low because of mass unemployment, I mentioned the EU cutting interest rates by 5 percentage points and I also had an evaluation that said banks in 2008 were facing financial difficulties so they may not simply have lowered interest rates just because of expansionary monetary policy? Mentioned something about northern rock being nationalised also lol hahaa
@ServantOfMorgoth It seems you are not welcome in this thread :frown:

It's amazing how arrogant he is - and he only appeared after the exam today
[QUOTE=rosemondtan;65079261]It's amazing how arrogant he is - and he only appeared after the exam today

Lol you guys scared him away! Good job peeps.
Thats why I put my real name as my username: stops me saying anything I would be ashamed of
Original post by Diastal
Lol you guys scared him away! Good job peeps.

To that guy: If you have nothing better to say then don't :smile:
You know I thought I was pretty good at economics, then I came across you guys and made me think that I actually am not.
Thats why I put my real name as my username: stops me saying anything I would be ashamed of

SAME :colonhash:
Original post by Diastal
You know I thought I was pretty good at economics, then I came across you guys and made me think that I actually am not.

Nah definitely not me - @harryleavey maybe!!
I'm definitely gonna take the next year much more seriously, since I'll be aiming to get A*A*A
Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
Benign deflation occurs when, for example, oil prices drop and make production cheaper- usually goes hand-in hand with economic growth. It's not significantly damaging is all you really need to know.
I might need to consider these questions in that case!

Hey thanks for letting me know this yesterday, I saw the 15 marker just now and remembered what you said about benign deflation!
Original post by Diastal

As my economics teacher says: 'Economics is like chlamydia, you've either got it or you haven't' :biggrin::biggrin: (I hope no one is offended by this)

I'm sure you are better than you think - Wait until you get your results in the coming months!
Original post by amelienine
Hey thanks for letting me know this yesterday, I saw the 15 marker just now and remembered what you said about benign deflation!

Well, I wouldn't have remembered it if you didn't suggest oil prices as a topic. It was a team effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As my economics teacher says: 'Economics is like chlamydia, you've either got it or you haven't' :biggrin::biggrin: (I hope no one is offended by this)

I'm sure you are better than you think - Wait until you get your results in the coming months!

I'm either disgusted or in awe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
I'm either disgusted or in awe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

same
Original post by Diastal

Same, I'm supposed to be one of the 'best in class' but then I see some of the geniuses on here...

But then again, I guess the people who go on TSR a lot are the people who actually make an effort and care about their improving grades.
Original post by DeafeningSilence
People can go blank for different reasons. I got an A in an AS standard maths exam, and in my recent C1 paper got all the questions right besides one. Why did I get that one wrong? I thought 16+5 was 11, not 21. Does that mean I don't know 16+5, or does that mean my mind went blank?

Adding wrongly is not equivalent to going blank. Going blank implies that you have no recollection of the material required to do the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending