Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley444)
    Does anyone know how many offers they give out for straight econ and how many people usually apply for that course ?
    It's on the website, I have no idea why people ask questions like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themathsdebater)
    Well i've already looked mate and I can't find it, however, the majority of people on the student room are willing to help each other out...

ReputationRep:
    Well i've already looked mate and I can't find it, however, the majority of people on the student room are willing to help each other out...
    Every course has the statistics for applications and places last year on the main page for the course. Here is the course page for BSc Economics: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad..._BSc_Econ.aspx

ReputationRep:
    You evidently didn't look well enough. This is literally the first result on Google. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad..._BSc_Econ.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themathsdebater)
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    You evidently didn't look well enough. This is literally the first result on Google. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad..._BSc_Econ.aspx
    TBH this figure is acceptances not offers so it doesn't actually answer their question... You can find offer rates by looking on freedom of information requests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    TBH this figure is acceptances not offers so it doesn't actually answer their question... You can find offer rates by looking on freedom of information requests.
    Or by looking at Whichuni. But I honestly couldn't be bothered to go through FOI requests for someone who's too lazy to do it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Or by looking at Whichuni. But I honestly couldn't be bothered to go through FOI requests for someone who's too lazy to do it themselves.
    Lol that's why I didn't and just said it, WhichUni only has data for the last year so I find FOI easier, there's a search function so it's never too hard to find

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    I got my 8 week email yesterday (applied 05/10, UMS asked 10/10)
    Ok thanks. I applied on 10/10 so I guess I have to wait a few more days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Actually you might hear sooner since the number of applicants is less.
    However, they give out offers in small groups. Usually they responded on Thursdays and Fridays.

Last year, there were days that they just rejected people and days when they just gave out offers. It was very stressing.

haha. I have to agree. I have seniors who received offer for Econs very early and those who have to wait a while longer.
    Hope your offer come super early so you dont have to be so stressed !

ReputationRep:
    It's another Thursday again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TighFR)
    I got my initial assessment email like 2-3 hours ago. I'm applying for Maths AND Econ. Poor GCSE's with 4 A*'s 3 A's 1 B and 3 C's but I'm Predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Economics (achieved AAAA at AS, History being my 4th subject).
    What makes you think they're poor gcses? average A* for that course is about 4 but it's just an average. People with a range of A*s get offers.

I'm applying to Maths with Economics btw, still haven't sent off my ucas tho.

ReputationRep:
    LSE mailed me that they require predicted grades to be sent from the school email id . I applied to UCAS via an educational consultant (I am an international applicant). Did anyone else get same kind of response from LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still no initial assessment email...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Still no initial assessment email...
    When did you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    When did you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    7/10 still nervous though

ReputationRep:
    7/10 still nervous though
    I applied on 12th of October

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    I applied on 12th of October

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What course? I figured because mine is govt&history it could take longer than say Econ but I'm still nervous

ReputationRep:
    What course? I figured because mine is govt&history it could take longer than say Econ but I'm still nervous
    Bsc finance. Its a new course though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella909)
    I'm applying for IR and History too I finally got my initial review email yesterday as well, good luck!
    You too!

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, I applied for PPE, have 8A*s, 2As at GCSE, 4As at AS, 3A* predicted at A-level. They asked for my maths UMS three days ago and I have not heard from them ever since. Starting to worry I will not get in, as I only do Maths, not Further

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.