The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Wade wants more money so he declines the 2 year £40mil. But then the only thing he can get offered by the Cavs owing to the salary cap is a taxpayer MLE.

...Yeah makes total sense :lol:

But then since he's meeting with the Cavs perhaps he doesn't care about the money. The Heat are offering what they can, but leaving to the Cavs for less makes little sense given he knows the Cavs cap situation. Can't see Lebron taking a pay cut either to facilitate it (Since I'm sure the NBAPA will have a fit about Lebron of all people not making the most money he can after the whole CBA thing).
    Exactly my thoughts lol. Wade wanted more money, he aint gonna get that in Cleveland, doubt Lebron takes more discounts again. I think its just the banana boat bros holidaying together again :lol: *

ReputationRep:
    Ayyy ya'll gon end up eating your words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Ayyy ya'll gon end up eating your words

To re-sign for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    To re-sign for us
    We'll see

LOL GS are going after Ray Allen! Man these guys... Just busting legends out of retirement coz yolo gotta win a chip, taking the 2016 loss hella hard :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Getting Zaza is good. David Lee in talks to come back too.

Dubs aside I'm looking forward to watching the Mavs. Bogut and Barnes linking up there, along with Seth Curry!

ReputationRep:
    LOL GS are going after Ray Allen! Man these guys... Just busting legends out of retirement coz yolo gotta win a chip, taking the 2016 loss hella hard :rofl:
    Might as well. If you're a vet who has all the money in the bank, why not say screw it, play on the cheap and go for another title. It's similar to Zaza in that he's a post 30 player who might as well go for it.

Makes sense given how appealing Golden State is at the moment. Excellent core of drafting (Curry/Klay/Green), management has managed to attract KD, and hold onto some key others (Linvingston, Iggy), so it's an attractive organisation to play for.

(Original post by blackened_sky)
    Getting Zaza is good. David Lee in talks to come back too.

Dubs aside I'm looking forward to watching the Mavs. Bogut and Barnes linking up there, along with Seth Curry!
    Should be interesting seeing how those two fare in Dallas for sure! I already miss big Bogut ;_:

ReputationRep:
    It's been confirmed. David west has agreed to sign for the warriors

ReputationRep:
    Pau Gasol to Spurs confirmed

NVM I'm a day late

ReputationRep:
    Apparently anyone will sign min for a ring. All they need is a wing and they have decent depth. Scary.

"But can they beat the 95-96 bulls"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MamzZass)
    Apparently anyone will sign min for a ring. All they need is a wing and they have decent depth. Scary.

"But can they beat the 95-96 bulls"
    Now it's a legitimate question and I'd say yeah But do they have the championship pedigree MJ and co had to create a 3 peat dynasty is the question!

ReputationRep:

The article he wrote about personal growth. What a whole load of ********, evolution as a man? More like a cuck. :lol:
    Well said :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Also regarding the Wade to Cavs situation. It's a little shady but is it illegal for LeBron to be like 'You're my boy, I just signed a contract worth a billion, I'll give you 10 million under the table if you take the deal on paper'. If not I could see a situation like that going down.

ReputationRep:
    Also regarding the Wade to Cavs situation. It's a little shady but is it illegal for LeBron to be like 'You're my boy, I just signed a contract worth a billion, I'll give you 10 million under the table if you take the deal on paper'. If not I could see a situation like that going down.
    Nice thought, I honestly have no idea

ReputationRep:
    On another note Ben Simmons looked good, he looked really good. Shame he's with the 76ers though :lol:

Guy is gonna be a triple double machine.
    He needs to develop a jumpshot ASAP though, defences are gonna lay off him at the perimeter....

ReputationRep:
    LOOL no way :rofl: !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's almost definitely against League rules and/or the CBA agreement.

Edit: David West has also joined the Warriors on a Vet Min.

ReputationRep:
    David West is one I spcifically remember saying he would never ring chase. What a liar :lol:

ReputationRep:
    So is Timmy gone or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    So is Timmy gone or?
    Probably soon.

ReputationRep:
    Sad day. He was always gonna retire on the down low :sad:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.