Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    so basically I have to pay as I can't level up my Pokemon without buying them candy?*
    If you transfer the pokemon you catch to the professor then you get candy from them

ReputationRep:
    Do you get to fight other people's Pokemon?

I wish my smart phone hadn't broken :cry:

I have no money to buy another one with. I am unemployed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    If you transfer the pokemon you catch to the professor then you get candy from them
    how do I make my Pokemon stronger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    so basically I have to pay as I can't level up my Pokemon without buying them candy?*
    You can gain candy by caputring the same pokemon as the one you caught. There may be lots in the wild. This gives candy which contributes to the leveling up and evolutions. You gain stardust by capturing random pokemon so that shouldn't be a worry. By transferring them, you gain candy to level pokemon up to make them stronger.

ReputationRep:
    After an hour or so - Sit rep:

Charmander caught
    Nothing for miles
    Still bloody LV1 because of it
    Gyms - 3 visible - 2 red, 1 blue

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else struggling with the 'GPS not found' error?

When it works this game is amazing. However, when it doesn't - which for me feels like most of the time - it's annoying beyond all means.

ReputationRep:
    Caught bulbosaur in my room. Then I realised I needed to walk out of my house for this. Quit

ReputationRep:
    I stand tall because I know I am the winner, Pokemon! Pokemon! GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL!

Got the app

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everglow)
    Anyone else struggling with the 'GPS not found' error?

When it works this game is amazing. However, when it doesn't - which for me feels like most of the time - it's annoying beyond all means.
    This game keeps crashing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of problems with the servers today. To be expected I guess with the game releasing. Didn't have too many problems earlier today, but after around 5pm the game was struggling to even sign in.

Still, I ventured into my town's centre for the first time. Saw loads of people playing, loads of lures being put down. So I spent my day wandering between Pokestops and gyms, with a couple of pub stops in between :lol: Managed to level up a couple of levels. I'm now level 11.

Although, I thought I understood how the gyms worked. But I visited a few that were controlled by yellow (my team) and wasn't able to leave a Pokemon there. Do I have to battle it and build it's prestige to say, level 3, before I can leave a 3rd Pokemon there? As before now I thought the gym's level increased with each Pokemon that was left, but now i'm not sure :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Thunderbird (Zapdos) is GO

ReputationRep:
    Never really done any Pokemon stuff before but I downloaded this since it's just THAT popular.

Managed to sign in using Google but it crashed just as it looked like it was getting somewhere; reopened, now it's stuck on the loading screen with about 75% left to go, and it hasn't gone up and just comes up with errors. It's also taken about 15% of my battery up already.

ReputationRep:
    This game is incredible, reminds me of when i was younger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Q1) What does the random grass thing that pops up on your map mean?

Q2) When I click on the pokemon in my nearby area (the grey shadow ones) I see some feet thing on it ... what
    do they represent as I bleeming spent ages trying to find any and gave up.

I want a Jigglypuff and a Eeve that would bloody evolve into a flareon. :heart: got the stupid water Eeve. :mad:
    + a Charizard (if that's not too much to ask. :puppyeyes: )
    Dunno about 1. But 2 for two I know that if you see one footstep it means you're far from it, two means you're getting closer and three means you're pretty close to it. Those footsteps help you find your way towards a pokemon.

(Original post by GothicShield)
    Im only level 5 : (

I got a few pdgeys, zubats, a golbat, charmander, jynx, couple drowzees, krabby, jigglypuff, couple gastlys, and a weedle....

I see these gyms everyones got high level pokemon and their cp are high, i dont think i can catch up.

A lot of pokestops in London

Also one incubator wtf!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is basically me. :cry2: I don't think I'd be confident enough to battle anyone.

Central London has a pokestop at almost every turn! It's sick.

ReputationRep:
    I've picked Squirtle ... when I used to play the old Game Boy cartridge in 98 I was always a Squirtle kid!

My app seems to have trouble loading - GPS signal not found, could not find player data and so on.

ReputationRep:
    The aliens are laughing at us as a society hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Was at a shopping centre this evening, tried playing a bit but the internet was playing up. Also felt awkward wandering about trying to catch flipping Rattata's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Dunno about 1. But 2 for two I know that if you see one footstep it means you're far from it, two means you're getting closer and three means you're pretty close to it. Those footsteps help you find your way towards a pokemon.

This is basically me. :cry2: I don't think I'd be confident enough to battle anyone.

Central London has a pokestop at almost every turn! It's sick.
    Ummmm I think you have the footsteps wrong...
    http://serebii.net/pokemongo/capture.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)

:zomg: You got a zapdos? Damn how did you manage that

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.