The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Erm random but when I put on sun screen (tried many)...I go quite red under the sun...just my face...well not fully red...but if anyone gets me....isn't it supposed to not?...does it happen to anyone else?
    Can't remember the last time I put it on lol, so I have no idea. Maybe google can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    I live in London, i'll let you know if anything comes up inshAllah.

About your Arabic - do you teach modern standard arabic?
    JazakAllahu Khairan

And yes I do, well I know modern standard arabic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    assalaamu alaikum,
    with news about ISIS and events concerning muslims around the world he decided to leave the deen, plus he was ill at the same time. so yeah he became Christian
    Wa'alaikum Assalam. I see tbh not a very valid reason. I was hoping for a better reason although I do believe there is none. Islam will be shown in the bad light probably more over time.

Having said that I won't be surprised if many turn away from the deen astaghfirullah because of this very reason. Say tomorrow another religion had the crisis going with it eg christianity...then would one leave christianity because of it. It is a shame though as ISIS are doing their job by defaming islam as they would want for their interest. This itself shows to me they are clueless about Islam. Also media will probably continue to show islam in the bad light and associate it with negativity.

May Allah guide us all and protect us from evil. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Wa'alaikum Assalam. I see tbh not a very valid reason. I was hoping for a better reason although I do believe there is none. Islam will be shown in the bad light probably more over time.

Having said that I won't be surprised if many turn away from the deen astaghfirullah because of this very reason. Say tomorrow another religion had the crisis going with it eg christianity...then would one leave christianity because of it. It is a shame though as ISIS are doing their job by defaming islam as they would want for their interest. This itself shows to me they are clueless about Islam. Also media will probably continue to show islam in the bad light and associate it with negativity.

May Allah guide us all and protect us from evil. Ameen.
    ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Is it red from burning or red from heat though? People naturally get red when they get hot :beard:
    Idk lool I should not be burning....erm sun screen....

Wait so it is ok I should expect it even with sun screen?

(Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Can't remember the last time I put it on lol, so I have no idea. Maybe google can help.
    Oh lol not even on a very sunny day?

(Original post by HAnwar)
    No idea. I don't wear sun cream since I'm Asian lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)

I am too
    Yeah then you don't really need it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)

I am too
    Yep, I seriously can't remember the last time I did lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Yeah then you don't really need it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm what? What do you mean? :erm: :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Yep, I seriously can't remember the last time I did lol
    ....tbh when I visited back home I did not usually.....but here I do when sunny and idk I feel I need to more here than back home. It kind of affects me more here than back home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    ....tbh when I visited back home I did not usually.....but here I do when sunny and idk I feel I need to more here than back home. It kind of affects me more here than back home.
    If you feel you need it then use it, my skin doesnt really get affected by the sun too much so I dont use anything. Weathers been boiling past few days, even now it's soooo hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Erm what? What do you mean? :erm: :curious:
    Idk I read somewhere it's because of difference of skin tones, and compared to white people our skin tone protects us more. However I don't know how accurate that is so I could be talking complete rubbish lol, but I've never felt the need to wear it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Salaam guys,

Wondering if there's any legit muslim marriage sites or if all of them are as bad as each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Salaam guys,

Wondering if there's any legit muslim marriage sites or if all of them are as bad as each other?
    Wassalaam

Ummah Forum seems pretty swanky :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Most of the sites are dodgy as far as I heard; there was one that I don't remember the name of (not one of the mainstream ones like SingleMuslim, Muslima etc) which was apparently more legit and perhaps had the option of someone monitoring the PMs and stuff (so only people with serious intentions talk), but I only vaguely remember this from a conversation I heard in person or saw online a while back... I will check on Ummah Forum because usually they talk about this kind of stuff in their marriage section

Edit: A reliable but highly secretive and anonymous source, whose identity shan't be revealed, has informed me that Pure Matrimony is a legit website
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    ThatMuslimGuy^

ReputationRep:
    Wassalaam

JazaakAllah khairan for finding out...time to sign up :rofl: jk

ReputationRep:
    Wassalaam

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    JazaakAllah khairan for finding out...time to sign up :rofl: jk
    Don't you still have that Punjabi buddhi's number who had the Accountant and Pilot sons? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ThatMuslimGuy^
    Were you at London Speakers corner btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    LOL
    They are very open minded - will soon see Sushi marriage threads plastered all over UF :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    No particular reason. Just my experience
    Ever had a really bad flying experience brother?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.