Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort Watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want as President of the USA (and later world)?
    Clinton
    0%
    Cheese
    72.58%
    Trump
    8.06%
    Other
    19.35%

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    it doesn't have the engine we're using on it, it's called a split-cycle engine I think!??! But can't remember it's associated to the Dearman engine which you may be familiar with?
    :rofl: I don't think that's within our budget but I could put it forward :lol:
    thinking more along the lines of some copper/steel alloy at moment but requires more research I think :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    what are the chances you can play pintarillo in the next 15-30 mins?And how r u? Been ages since you showed up
    Next blog post coming (as soon as I can be bothered :laugh: )
    1. 80%
    2. Fine thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    1. 80%
    2. Fine thanks
    80%!
    daymn better get cracking then :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I will hold u to your 80% you know
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Entry no.9 (my lucky number :awesome:)
    So another pretty cool day!Pretty cool because I got to meet some fellow Placementers! One works in the same office as me but he was ill the other 2 days :emo: but I've finally met him and he's really nice and has a similar project to me, except for instead of liquid nitrogen engines, he's focusing on more renewable engines! The other 2 students I met are doing projects on rivers and facial reconstruction, pretty cool huh! :cool:
    Did some more research in the morning, then went for lunch with the newly befriended fellow placementers, we grabbed some sandwiches and went for a walk to a hilly area near the train station, it was really nice, just a bit steep :fan: (lol im so unfit )
    Then after we returned, I went to the lab and did some measuring. Used the dreaded, the horrid, the unreasonably hard to use VERNIER CALLIPERS :afraid:
    was alright, AS Physics prepared me for their use :lol:
    took some images as well
    Once I had all my data, went back to the office and averaged out diameters etc before searching for any online information about each of the injectors I'd measured
    PRAISE GOOGLE - I found a few decent websites :dance:
    After that it was time to get the train back haha
    I was so tired I fell asleep on the train with duran duran on at volume 7 :lol: Amellia123
    When we got home I made dessert, (butterscotch angel delight :perv: )
    So yh, cool day
    Quick pinta game and bed for me lol

Spoiler:
    Show
    - Read L’étranger :flute:- Read tons of Chemistry-related books - Read a "very short introduction to Particle Physics" and "French Literature" - Revise for the TSA - Attempt to match/beat george_c00per on memrise - Attempt to relearn German in time for the orchestra tour (mit Plagio und memrise ofc ) :elmo:- Beat eternaforest on pintarillo NEW HIGHSCORE OF MINE OF 781 eternaforest :yep: - Help fatima1998 to become boss on pintarillo - Beat my friend on pokemon go :elmo:- Binge watch Sherlock - Binge watch all the Doctor who DVD's I own - Go shopping for summer clothes - Go to a quiz night in aid of a local charity (c'est ce soir ) - Attend the TSR wedding of Monsieur FireFreezer77 et mademoiselle Platopus :elmo: - Actually do some violin practice :elmo:- Get back into tennis and table tennis - Go on a week long tour with my orchestra in the Harz region of Germany :elmo:- Attempt to collect "pretty" rocks from Harz region of Germany if possible :elmo: - Get my AS results - Do the research part of my EPQ (chemistry-related) - Sort out the dates for my Nuffield Placement - Undergo my Nuffield research placement at the University of Brighton :flute: mediaya FrenchUnicorn AppleB TheEmperorofCats zanner SeanFM Edminzodo eternaforest george_c00per saraxh Salamandastron AndrewSCO zanner defenestrated XOR_ saladays Ayaz789 Questioness Namita Gurung LDS16 hamza772000 Matrix123 h8skoooooool Plagioclase fatima1998 FireFreezer77 Platopus Anon_98 SeanFM raniafern Questioness Kwame502 Kamara7

ReputationRep:
    x
    Awesome! Sounds like a great day all in all
    Why did you have to use that emoji for the butterscotch angel delight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Awesome! Sounds like a great day all in all
    Why did you have to use that emoji for the butterscotch angel delight?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    it was pretty good
    urm :erm:
    because :yep:

An other :awesome: day :awesome: :awesome:
    :woo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    still cannot rep you :unimpressed: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    it was pretty good
    urm :erm:
    because :yep:
    :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    An other :awesome: day :awesome: :awesome:
    :woo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    still cannot rep you :unimpressed: :bawling:
    IKR
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol guess who can :innocent:

IKR
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol guess who can :innocent:
    Ty for the rep cheesyeasy :ahee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ty for the rep cheesyeasy :ahee:
    np
    Unicornyworny
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lolwut: ^^

ReputationRep:
    on the train today I just listened to their songs
    my faves today were notorious, planet earth :love: , the reflex ofc :mmm: and rio
    Ahh I see, nothing to be shameful of :teehee: I just have their first 3 albums on repeat when I'm home :lol: Notorious is the best Duran song when 3 of them carried on, "I don't want your love" is also a good one to check out Rio is just :daydreaming:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Entry no.10 (10! I didn't think I was even going to blog :rofl:)
    Ngl when I say today was pretty uneventful
    So after the late train, did some research then had a meeting with my supervisor.That gave me a helping hand I needed to continue
    I formulated 4 drawings of ideas for the orientation of the injector
    All that's left is to decide on the material of the support
    After that I went for lunch with those other nuffield people - we went to the canteen, I got me some spicy chicken thing and chips (was so :yum:)
    Then we went for a walk and got ice cream (double caramel magnum ofc :fan: :drool:)
    Then we played some chess before retiring to research again :lol:
    I left a bit early intending to get home in time to go to the chemists before it shuts (7pm)
    BUT THE TRAINS WERE SO DELAYED!
    :shakecane: :mad: :shakecane: :mad: :shakecane: :mad:
    Legit got to three bridges at 5:44 pm and was there until 18:05 because my train was so delayed I had to get one that only took me halfway home. Then I had to wait another 50 minutes to get home :emo:
    AND THE STRIKES ARE FOR NEXT WEEK!
    #ripcheese #cheeseisscrewed #wtfsouthern
    so yeah!
    I am going to the doctor's tomorrow so will be late in, I don't expect much to be happening. So thanks for bearing with me fellow humans
    Spoiler:
    Show
    - Read L’étranger :flute:- Read tons of Chemistry-related books - Read a "very short introduction to Particle Physics" and "French Literature" - Revise for the TSA - Attempt to match/beat george_c00per on memrise - Attempt to relearn German in time for the orchestra tour (mit Plagio und memrise ofc ) :elmo:- Beat eternaforest on pintarillo NEW HIGHSCORE OF MINE OF 781 eternaforest :yep: - Help fatima1998 to become boss on pintarillo - Beat my friend on pokemon go :elmo:- Binge watch Sherlock - Binge watch all the Doctor who DVD's I own - Go shopping for summer clothes - Go to a quiz night in aid of a local charity (c'est ce soir ) - Attend the TSR wedding of Monsieur FireFreezer77 et mademoiselle Platopus :elmo: - Actually do some violin practice :elmo:- Get back into tennis and table tennis - Go on a week long tour with my orchestra in the Harz region of Germany :elmo:- Attempt to collect "pretty" rocks from Harz region of Germany if possible :elmo: - Get my AS results - Do the research part of my EPQ (chemistry-related) - Sort out the dates for my Nuffield Placement - Undergo my Nuffield research placement at the University of Brighton :flute: mediaya FrenchUnicorn AppleB TheEmperorofCats zanner SeanFM Edminzodo eternaforest george_c00per saraxh Salamandastron AndrewSCO zanner defenestrated XOR_ saladays Ayaz789 Questioness Namita Gurung LDS16 hamza772000 Matrix123 h8skoooooool Plagioclase fatima1998 FireFreezer77 Platopus Anon_98 SeanFM raniafern Questioness Kwame502 Kamara7

Double caramel magnum is so ahee :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :ahee:

I hate when trains are delayed

ReputationRep:
    Entry no.10 (10! I didn't think I was even going to blog :rofl:)
    Ngl when I say today was pretty uneventful
    So after the late train, did some research then had a meeting with my supervisor.That gave me a helping hand I needed to continue
    I formulated 4 drawings of ideas for the orientation of the injector
    All that's left is to decide on the material of the support
    After that I went for lunch with those other nuffield people - we went to the canteen, I got me some spicy chicken thing and chips (was so :yum:)
    Then we went for a walk and got ice cream (double caramel magnum ofc :fan: :drool:)
    Then we played some chess before retiring to research again :lol:
    I left a bit early intending to get home in time to go to the chemists before it shuts (7pm)
    BUT THE TRAINS WERE SO DELAYED!
    :shakecane: :mad: :shakecane: :mad: :shakecane: :mad:
    Legit got to three bridges at 5:44 pm and was there until 18:05 because my train was so delayed I had to get one that only took me halfway home. Then I had to wait another 50 minutes to get home :emo:
    AND THE STRIKES ARE FOR NEXT WEEK!
    #ripcheese #cheeseisscrewed #wtfsouthern
    so yeah!
    I am going to the doctor's tomorrow so will be late in, I don't expect much to be happening. So thanks for bearing with me fellow humans
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PRSOM :emo:

Keep blogging, you're awesome at it :hat2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Double caramel magnum is so ahee :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :ahee:

I hate when trains are delayed
    ikr :ahee:
    :gah: sometimes I think, well, if they cant do it maybe I should learn how to do it
    So, anyone wanna be the conductor, I'll try learn to drive, lets show Southern how its done :yep::rofl:

(Original post by raniafern)
    PRSOM :emo:

Keep blogging, you're awesome at it :hat2:
    aww thanku :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    CheeseIsVeg what's your memrise account name? :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm trying to use memrise more to get ready for German next year. :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheHaunted.)
    CheeseIsVeg what's your memrise account name? :ninja:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm trying to use memrise more to get ready for German next year. :woo:
    Greenie9 I think
    I need to get back into memrise, been a while since i used my acc really :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Greenie9 I think
    I need to get back into memrise, been a while since i used my acc really :erm:
    Wait, I can't even seem to follow members on memrise.. :ashamed:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Mine's NachoPicchu if you do know how to follow. :laugh:

And you'd better use it again soon. :hmmm:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheHaunted.)
    Wait, I can't even seem to follow members on memrise.. :ashamed:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mine's NachoPicchu if you do know how to follow. :laugh:

And you'd better use it again soon. :hmmm:
    lol i love ur username :lol:
    I may consider re-frenching there
    but my german is too dead to rekindle
    I may also consider some maths/science revision on it too But I dunno if I'll have time!

ReputationRep:
    lol i love ur username :lol:
    I may consider re-frenching there
    but my german is too dead to rekindle
    I may also consider some maths/science revision on it too But I dunno if I'll have time!
    Tyvm :hat2:
    Oh dang.. I'm gonna focusing on German. :emo: But I guess I could always do some French as well?
    Hmm, whenever you do have time, okay?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.