The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    I still haven't got my 5 choices yet and I'm still visiting open days (I have 7 choices at the moment) but our school really wants us to send our applications off in October... but Swansea Open Day is on 29th October (because I'm already going to Leicester on the 15th). So that's awkward and I'm not really sure what to do
    Are you applying to oxbridge? And I'm going to an open day next week and the week after

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Are you applying to oxbridge? And I'm going to an open day next week and the week after

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm not Our school just wants us to send them earlier to get better offers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. School starts tomorrow for me.

*drinks bleach*

Much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    Hi guys. School starts tomorrow for me.

*drinks bleach*

Much better.
    Me too, not looking forward to it all my mates are in different classes and i have a 3 hour free right in the middle of the day

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not Our school just wants us to send them earlier to get better offers
    Lol better offers tell your school your not ready it's better you apply after knowing exactly which universities you want to go than to apply early as I don't think you can change it once it's submitted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Day 3 of school and I'm already running a temperature... (sigh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    Day 2 and I've already had about seven breakdowns...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your comment has ac motivated me to start on my personal statement LOL so thanks I guess You may have just saved a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    Day 2 and I've already had about seven breakdowns...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by roarchika)
    I was very stressed on my first day because they dropped the wrong subject for me. The guy doing it dropped Maths instead of Further Maths. Not just me though, so there's that. Why on Earth they had that specific teacher doing the timetables I have no idea, though.You can't even take Further Maths without Maths!!!!!!
    That was just a whole bundle of stress, but other than that, school has been pretty chilled as we get back into it, I know it's going to change soon, so I need to prepare for that :lol:

Also, there's already a word I can't pronounce in Biology. Glomerulus. Glomerulus. I just can never say it, and it always comes out sounding like an absolute mess :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Mock today (ugh).. I know I'm going to fail it so I'm probably going to drop economics and see if the school will let me sit AS and A2 politics in 1 year (I can teach myself the AS in a month due to my frees).

ReputationRep:
    My personal statement has been so well received by my teachers so far!! Just a few changes and I'll be finshed
    Anyone near finishing yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief_98)
    My personal statement has been so well received by my teachers so far!! Just a few changes and I'll be finshed
    I'm on my very final draft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief_98)
    I've got a draft but it's yet to be checked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    I'm on my very final draft
    Congrats dude nearly there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I've got a draft but it's yet to be checked
    Same!
    Mines pretty atrocious, though, so I'm probably going to have to change everything :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    Same!
    Mines pretty atrocious, though, so I'm probably going to have to change everything :lol:
    Haha ikr, mine is so cringey it's unreal... But I'm still kind of proud of it because I've spent so long on it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    Me too, not looking forward to it all my mates are in different classes and i have a 3 hour free right in the middle of the day
    IT ACTUALLY WENT OK! Everything I needed to get done on the first day I managed to do.

Now to start on my personal statement oops

3 hour frees? samee lol

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got my 5 choices yet and I'm still visiting open days (I have 7 choices at the moment) but our school really wants us to send our applications off in October... but Swansea Open Day is on 29th October (because I'm already going to Leicester on the 15th). So that's awkward and I'm not really sure what to do
    SWANSAAAAAAAYYY

Been there. Loved it. SO PRETTY. APPLY WITH ME <3

(Original post by Gogregg)
    You could make one yourself
    Is it too early?
    You do it I have no authority here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Haha ikr, mine is so cringey it's unreal... But I'm still kind of proud of it because I've spent so long on it lol
    I feel like i know it's awful, but if anyone tells me that, I will eternally hate them :lol:

(Original post by ImagineCats)
    SWANSAAAAAAAYYY

Been there. Loved it. SO PRETTY. APPLY WITH ME <3

Is it too early?
    You do it I have no authority here
    It's not too early I think, and besides you have more rep than me

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got the timetable from hell? I've got basically no frees in the afternoon so barely ever get to go home early but have 3 hours of frees every morning for three straight days and can't come in later so have to get up early for nothing WHY. Also, got my predictions woo

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.