The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We got told that the grade boundaries are a lot higher than they actually are

ReputationRep:
    The last question will ALWAYS be international relations

This question hasn't come up in the exam for 2 years do learn it

Or...

I promise not to give you lot assessments next week

What do we see on the table...

An assessment

Smh.

ReputationRep:
    Science teachers always said that every single test we took even the ones to monitor our progress counted our final gcse grade. I later found out from other subject teachers that this is a massive lie...

ReputationRep:
    That the electron shells go 2, 8, 8.

ReputationRep:
    You must bring your textbook to every lesson because we will definitely be using it.

This homework will not take long at all.

There is no need to worry about......(insert anything exam related here)...

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "Your A-level standard is so low, you properly get a D or less!"

Joke on my art teacher, I got A*.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's dont matter.

ReputationRep:
    If you lean back on your chair, the legs will break and you'll break your neck.

ReputationRep:
    Year 11

English Literature is a very interesting subject.

ReputationRep:
    Said I was a clot? What the **** does that mean???

ReputationRep:
    If you fail RS GCSE you "Will fail at life and end jp working in McDonalds even if you pass all other GCSE exams you take". Still don't see the correlation...

"I told you about this test/homework last lesson" I am sure some teachers must live in alternate realities half the time... and in a little house with fairy's the rest of the time. (I admit that sometimes the teacher did tell us about the test/homework but more often than not they actually forgot to tell us and we had proof...)

"I will send your parents the email they asked for last week, at the end of the day and if not by next week for sure." Still haven't got that email... Good thing it wasn't important or anything... (we couldn't make it to parents evening... my parents wanted a brief on how I was doing. I appreciate it can be hard to find the time to send an email that could literally have been as short as 'your daughter is doing fine/terribly/okay/really well'. Ironically the same teacher promised to email me some worksheets for a topic I struggled with to help me revise for A levels. I never got that sheet... got a D in that paper too.

ReputationRep:
    "this is definitely going to be on the exam"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I've heard that too! Is it not true?
    Yep, it's false. He was actually exceptional at maths but I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

I also heard part of his brain was missing - I don't know if that part's true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessingmariee)
    Yep, it's false. He was actually exceptional at maths but I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

I also heard part of his brain was missing - I don't know if that part's true
    The rumors that go around about famous people are so weird...

(Original post by riddledemort)
    "Your A-level standard is so low, you properly get a D or less!"

Joke on my art teacher, I got A*.
    :lol: do you think your teacher's lack of faith spurred you on to do better? Congrats on that A*

(Original post by AlainaBullen)
    You must bring your textbook to every lesson because we will definitely be using it.

:rolleyes:
    I find that you'd bring it to every lesson and never use it, and the ONE time you forget to bring it you have to use it! And they're so heavy to carry around with you all day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    :lol: do you think your teacher's lack of faith spurred you on to do better? Congrats on that A*
    I think it does because I always have that determination to prove the opposite! Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    My son's bones were so strong: his teeth didn't fall out

ReputationRep:
    Teacher: GCSEs determine your future.

I know GCSEs do determine your future to some extent, but I just don't think they're as important as people make them out to be. Apparently, universities and employers focus more on your A Level results and other qualifications, if you have any.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Also GCSE Chemistry electron configuration, when you get to A level you discover it was all a lie
    (Original post by 98Lauren98)
    Definitely the A-level Chemistry shock! Who knew what orbitals were before that!!
    And when you do chemistry at uni they tell you that that's not the full story either!

(Original post by UnknownAnon)
    Everyone used to take out their water bottles in the science labs when we weren't supposed to. Our teacher told us that one time someone accidentally drank hydrochloric acid because they thought it was water. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Little Timmy was a chemist, little Timmy is no more. What he thought was H2O was H2SO4."

ReputationRep:
    "Bullying is banned in this school" 🙄😒

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.