The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    My induction is tomorrow but officially start on Wednesday! I don't know anyone at all so I'm so scared mainly because the majority of the students will know each other as it's a sixth form
    Omfg what if I have to sit alone during lunch :O
    SO NERVOUS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    My induction is tomorrow but officially start on Wednesday! I don't know anyone at all so I'm so scared mainly because the majority of the students will know each other as it's a sixth form
    Omfg what if I have to sit alone during lunch :O
    SO NERVOUS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you'll be fine! appear friendly and welcoming, there will be students there who'll look out for new people because they're tired of seeing people theyve seen for the last 4 years, i know cos im one of them :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    you'll be fine! appear friendly and welcoming, there will be students there who'll look out for new people because they're tired of seeing people theyve seen for the last 4 years, i know cos im one of them :rofl:
    Ahaha oh ok! I just hope the day goes well! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nin-kaii)
    Haha I'm so exited to start college, but at the same time I'm dreading it. What if the teachers I get are mean? What if I don't make any friends? When am I supposed to bring all of my art tools in?
    At least my timetable is amazing. Especially wednesday- 1 media lesson at 8:55 for the whole day xD I'm starting tommorow.
    You lucky thing! You doing media and art too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    You lucky thing! You doing media and art too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! Media, Fine art and computer science I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Start school tomorrow, I'm quite excited tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nin-kaii)
    Yeah! Media, Fine art and computer science I can't wait
    o: I'm doing Media, Fine art and Drama. I didn't actually think I'd see anyone doing Media and art

ReputationRep:
    Start school Wednesday but back tomorrow night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I think we need some 'snazz' in our title. @Mr...

It's been a tradition since Year 9.
    This^^ It's a must:lol:

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Oh ok Tell me how it goes ( if you remember ) I'm sure it won't. Are you nervous/excited ?
    Tuesday
    First day was pretty chill actually only had 2 lessons, most of the day was chatting with friends, assemblies and introduction. Did get hwk but it shouldn't take more than 2 hours. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    \First day of sixth form done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    \First day of sixth form done
    Hey I know this is random, but did you end up getting that A in Maths? Been a long time since we spoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Hey I know this is random, but did you end up getting that A in Maths? Been a long time since we spoke
    nah the high grade boundary caught me out,my skl are being difficult about me doing a level maths but ill prob convince them hopefully

ReputationRep:
    nah the high grade boundary caught me out,my skl are being difficult about me doing a level maths but ill prob convince them hopefully
    Oh, that sucks Don't worry, yeah, hopefully you will be able to convince them

ReputationRep:
    It's really weird that there's people who have started but I still have a week until I officially do

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that sucks Don't worry, yeah, hopefully you will be able to convince them
    doing compsci at uni so really need maths

ReputationRep:
    doing compsci at uni so really need maths
    Oh, ok, what A levels are you doing besides Maths? Which you will hopefully get to do

ReputationRep:
    Oh, ok, what A levels are you doing besides Maths? Which you will hopefully get to do
    politics and compsci,wats even worse b4 my year u could do maths with a B they only just raised it

ReputationRep:
    politics and compsci,wats even worse b4 my year u could do maths with a B they only just raised it
    H, I see

Yeah, I think that happened to the sixth form I'm going to as well, dw, hopefully you can convince them to let you do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxskaan)
    First day was pretty chill actually only had 2 lessons, most of the day was chatting with friends, assemblies and introduction. Did get hwk but it shouldn't take more than 2 hours. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow
    Oh that's good They sent me an email about what we are doing tomorrow and I only have 2 lessons and the rest are just assemblies and talking with tutors and stuff.
    Thank you x

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.