[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Ah yes thanks, but I was on about the "never", apparently they never replied to his application but I thought all unis had to reply by a certain date.
    I don't think he ever got a reply/offer from them?

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth checking Track on the weekend or after working hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I don't think he ever got a reply/offer from them?
    Yeah that's what I was confused about, all universities have to reply by Late March provided you apply by the normal deadline, https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...raduate-offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Ah yes thanks, but I was on about the "never", apparently they never replied to his application but I thought all unis had to reply by a certain date.

That does make sense, and yes, that's how it usually works - unis do indeed have a deadline by which they have ot reply.

ReputationRep:
    What degree/joint degree do you really want to do? Just go with one and have do, also remember you could phone the uni on results day if the course is in clearing/adjustment and ask to transfer to a slightly different course. For example, if you choose econ and politics but decide you want to do econ and history - you could still do econ and history providing there are spaces left.

I'd advise something along the lines of this...
    Econ: just do econ
    Econ and Politics: Econ and/with Politics/IR
    Econ and History: Econ and/with History/Econ History

What I mean above is for example - if you really want to study economics and history, choose degrees called 'Econ with History', 'Econ and History' or 'Econ with economic history'.
    However, not all the universities offer the same course, that's my issue. I have now submitted my application so can't change my ps. The main issue I have is that I'm in Scotland and so to study economics in England i need advanced higher maths... Which is harder than A level maths. I would not be able to do ah maths as I get super freaked out in maths exams especially lol. If all unis I wanted to go to offered the same joint honors course there wouldn't be an issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0458B)
    Is it worth checking Track on the weekend or after working hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not for the moment at least...

ReputationRep:
    If you get an offer/rejection do you get an email from ucas saying to check track? Or will you have no idea unless you sign into track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Birmingham Metropolitan, I guess.
    They didnt reply.

ReputationRep:
    Not for the moment at least...
    Haha I disagree! To my surprise I've just got an offer from Bristol half an hour ago today for economics and my application went in two days ago! Wasn't expecting to hear back round this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    If you get an offer/rejection do you get an email from ucas saying to check track? Or will you have no idea unless you sign into track?
    Hey, you get an email telling you to check track but it doesn't tell you what the update is for.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer for English from Royal Holloway today! I only sent in my application yesterday, they must be quite fast then - also, the offer came in at around 6pm, so it's worth checking outside working hours

I've had confirmation from Birmingham, Cambridge and Southampton, nothing from Nottingham yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_frank)
    Haha I disagree! To my surprise I've just got an offer from Bristol half an hour ago today for economics and my application went in two days ago! Wasn't expecting to hear back round this time
    Crikey, they're eager!

Congrats on your offer! I would have applied for the same course but the student satisfaction ratings worried me so I decided to go for Warwick instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_frank)
    Hey, you get an email telling you to check track but it doesn't tell you what the update is for.
    Holy sh*t that must be horrific - especially on results day!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for another question🙄 But if you get an offer/rejection does your referee see it too? Or just you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Sorry for another question🙄 But if you get an offer/rejection does your referee see it too? Or just you?
    There is an option on UCAS track where you can deselect your school from seeing your offers/rejections you can find it under "Your details". Automatically this option is selected though, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    There is an option on UCAS track where you can deselect your school from seeing your offers/rejections you can find it under "Your details". Automatically this option is selected though, I think
    Thanks for that info my daughter just changed hers I think it's better that the school don't try and influence students to take what might look better for the school than the student.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off today and reading this thread is giving me anxiety.

Anyway, applying to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, UCL and Nottingham for Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I also sent off my application today, anxiously waiting for offers now:rolleyes:
    I am applying to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham for Chemical Engineering and Warwick for Manufacturing Engineering.
    Only UCL have sent me an email for confirmation (not an offer) so far, they are certainly quicker than I thought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    I sent my application off today and reading this thread is giving me anxiety.

Anyway, applying to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, UCL and Nottingham for Economics.
    I'm applying to Cambridge, Warwick and Durham for Econ too!

ReputationRep:
    The only acknowledgement email I've received so far is from UCL, to say my application is being considered. The suspense is killing me, constantly refreshing my email inbox.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.