How are you feeling right now? MKIV

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Angry

ReputationRep:
    I feel like crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habina786xx)
    Yusss. What shall I include in the conclusion?

How many paragraphs should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK, well remember this is a first attempt so try not to be too harsh on yourself - the first time at English exams can be a real pain sometimes!

Have a look at the examples I gave you - they should give you the best ideas for this. I'd say a general sentence with the wording of the question.
    (As I said, I haven't looked at these poemd so I don't know what they're about. If the question was: How are strong emotions presented in Storm on an Island and The Prelude?
    The first few conclusive sentences could be:
    Strong emotions are clearly presented in different ways in both poems. In 'Storm on an Island', the speaker...... however, in 'The Prelude', the speaker.......These differences in emotion are evident because of the [list form/language/structure features in the poems plus one or two sentences to explain] Despite this, there are some similarities between the poems. [One or two sentences with features and similarities]. To conclude, ......................... [here you just say a sentence about the overall answer tp the question (basically what your first sentence in the conclusion says)]

^I think that's it, or at least that's the rough plan of what I'd do as a conclusion. Try not to make it too long as most of the marks will be in the main section of your essay.

As for length, whatever I've said in past PMs. Tbh this is something I always struggled with. For both language and literature, my teacher generally said to try and do 5/6 points (5/6 paragraphs) so that's an aim. If you feel that's too much, don't rush the paragraphs. It's better to have a few good paragraph than lots of sloppy ones. In class I only ever really got to a maximum of 3 and got 3/4 in the actual exam I think (:dontknow:tbh) so definitely focus on adding in all your paragraph sections. The aim of about 5 is there so you try to get a range of points.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Ohh I see, and OCD always has to have its own way:rolleyes: (it's so inconsiderate, isn't it? :unimpressed:)

I'm afraid I didn't. I don't suppose you saw an earlier post from me to z on here? Anyways, it just kept me up
    I hope you slept well though Freezer!

Aww so a good day?

My day? Tired I had a maths test and was tired through that but I think it was OK :crossedf:
    How's your day going?

Aww glad to hear it! When I scrolled down and saw this post it just made mw smile with so much happiness!
    Great to hear this
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It sure is determined to get its own way!
    (Oh it sure is! :unimpressed:)

Aww, no I didn't see it I'm afraid. What happened?
    Aw I'm so sorry to hear that!
    I slept well thanks! A little longer would've been nice!

Aww nooo! I'm glad that it was ok though!
    My day has been ok! Found out my next job is in a mental health building so looking forward to that!

Aww really? That's so awesome! That's made me smile!

ReputationRep:
    idk...feeling different stuff. worry regret disappointment embarrassment. i'm basically over everything

ReputationRep:
    Really ****ing annoyed
    I really hate it when people simply just steal ideas and think it's okay to do so
    Especially when a "friend" copies your idea word to word and tries to get all the credit
    mass murder spree brb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I don't know, I just never expected it. I guess I just think of people on TSR with their TSR personalities, and I don't really imagine anything beyond that. :ashamed: My ethnic origin is Srilanka, but British born and bred.

I just looked through your entire profile - took me quite a while. :lol: I already knew about your passion for dance (hard to miss tbh ) and your love of memes, but the rest is completely new to me.
    lol no need for da ashamed emoji tho, what else do we have to go on but our tsr personas?

Well you'll be glad to know I am indeed every bit as spontaneous, flourishing, dancing, confident, flirtatious, striking,handsome and slightly offhand arrogant as you thought! (thats my tsr impression riiigghhhttt?)

Your tsr persona is very kind , very pretty, pretty intelligent and very pretty...also dem eyebrows fleeking for dayz :007:

British born and bred huh, what does that entail? X factor, rainy weather and a posh accent? :holmes:

well THANK YOU for taking the time for reading my profile, I read yours in return but I think I got the better deal with the whole 'time used reading other persons profile' :rofl:

and you picked up on the dance huh, clever lady -what do you do then for hobbies/sport? dance as well?

tell me one person who doesnt like memes apart from viva emptiness and you parents tho? all about dat meme-and harambe, or harambe memes :cry:

also you must tell me something about yourself, you know so much about me now

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    *curls up and makes funny noise*
    Im thinking improvisational drama exercise on cat movement?

whats up?

ReputationRep:
    OK, well remember this is a first attempt so try not to be too harsh on yourself - the first time at English exams can be a real pain sometimes!

Have a look at the examples I gave you - they should give you the best ideas for this. I'd say a general sentence with the wording of the question.
    (As I said, I haven't looked at these poemd so I don't know what they're about. If the question was: How are strong emotions presented in Storm on an Island and The Prelude?
    The first few conclusive sentences could be:
    Strong emotions are clearly presented in different ways in both poems. In 'Storm on an Island', the speaker...... however, in 'The Prelude', the speaker.......These differences in emotion are evident because of the [list form/language/structure features in the poems plus one or two sentences to explain] Despite this, there are some similarities between the poems. [One or two sentences with features and similarities]. To conclude, ......................... [here you just say a sentence about the overall answer tp the question (basically what your first sentence in the conclusion says)]

^I think that's it, or at least that's the rough plan of what I'd do as a conclusion. Try not to make it too long as most of the marks will be in the main section of your essay.

As for length, whatever I've said in past PMs. Tbh this is something I always struggled with. For both language and literature, my teacher generally said to try and do 5/6 points (5/6 paragraphs) so that's an aim. If you feel that's too much, don't rush the paragraphs. It's better to have a few good paragraph than lots of sloppy ones. In class I only ever really got to a maximum of 3 and got 3/4 in the actual exam I think (:dontknow:tbh) so definitely focus on adding in all your paragraph sections. The aim of about 5 is there so you try to get a range of points.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank youuuuuu. Will have a read. Just memorising the structure and language devices rn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Really ****ing annoyed
    I really hate it when people simply just steal ideas and think it's okay to do so
    Especially when a "friend" copies your idea word to word and tries to get all the credit
    mass murder spree brb
    good artists copy, great artists steal

ReputationRep:
    Yusss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Soo friggin good ngl :lol: I have already had 3 mini packets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Soo friggin good ngl :lol: I have already had 3 mini packets
    I can only eat 1 lmaoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can only eat 1 lmaoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha lool its the 1st time ive ate em and ive had 3:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This headache
    Won't
    Subside
    :argh: :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    good artists copy, great artists steal
    I honestly don't care if some random unknown person stole my idea, but if it's a 'friend'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Selling dodgy spoons
    Haha yeah :rofl:
    I always think of his dodgy tomatoes that he sold to Mike :rofl:
    In response to the PR (thanks for it btw! ):
    No, thank you SassKing! And I obviously feel the same way about you :yep: :hugs:

That's correct too - I'm alright now (physics is doing my head in but that's normal because...well, it's physics :mmm:) See below if you want to know more (<----sounds like part of a campaign before they give out the contact details :lol:) and of course I know I can PM if I need to, same goes for you SassKing!
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    It sure is determined to get its own way!
    (Oh it sure is! :unimpressed:)

Aww, no I didn't see it I'm afraid. What happened?
    Aw I'm so sorry to hear that!
    I slept well thanks! A little longer would've been nice!

Aww nooo! I'm glad that it was ok though!
    My day has been ok! Found out my next job is in a mental health building so looking forward to that!

Aww really? That's so awesome! That's made me smile!
    Haha it sure is!
    (Grrrr to OCD )
    It's OK! Well, not much tbh but if you want to know:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's this one event, I guess, that keeps on...haunting me? I know it's good to let go of the past but this one thing keeps on returning

It used to be really bad and kept on finding a way of getting on my mind nearly all the time for a few days. My mind kept on wandering and when it did, it always lead back to it. Tbh, it's one of the biggest things that brings me down these days and I just feel like I can't help it.
    Some people recommended mindfulness and that was really helped with trying to clear these thoughts from my mind, and I'm very grateful for that. Since then, I haven't been affected by those thoughts constantly - it was just a few days here and there and now it's just the odd day.

During the day, I try to do mindfulness and find ways of distracting myself (usually music and TSR) so my mind doesn't 'wander' back to the thoughts. Nights are the worst - all I can do is sleep and when I can't do that (I very rarely sleep straight away) the chances are that these thoughts will be on my mind again. There's very little I can do at night to stop myself from thinking about this and things, well, they just get bad :erm:

Every morning afterwards, I get so annoyed at myself because what I'm essentially doing to worrying and getting upset over what's happened in the past, but there's nothing that can be done about it - I should be looking to the future/ working on the present. :/

Sometimes I can kind of block off the thoughts a bit, so they're not as bad as they could be. I know it's good to talk about these things but I'm starting to think about it whilst typing this and I don't really want a repeat of last night - what happens is I can't get to sleep and I know some people have it worse than I do, but it is a bit of a leap from about 6 hours of sleep to 2/3 hours.

^Sorry for the length, once I started I just seemed to find more stuff to say
    Glad to hear it! Ahhh it'd be lovely to get more sleep everyday tbh

Aw thanks
    Glad to hear that, and oooh - that sounds great :yep: It'll be interesting to see how that goes!

Really :yep: (otherwise I wouldn't have said it :rofl:) Aww good good
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Freezer is smiling :woo:
    :party:
    Thank youuuuuu. Will have a read. Just memorising the structure and language devices rn

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries! Okey dokey, and that is a good idea; it'll really help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Hahaha lool its the 1st time ive ate em and ive had 3:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you had the kelloggs cereal bars? Omg so addictive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah :rofl:
    I always think of his dodgy tomatoes that he sold to Mike :rofl:
    In response to the PR (thanks for it btw! ):
    No, thank you SassKing! And I obviously feel the same way about you :yep: :hugs:

That's correct too - I'm alright now (physics is doing my head in but that's normal because...well, it's physics :mmm:) See below if you want to know more (<----sounds like part of a campaign before they give out the contact details :lol:) and of course I know I can PM if I need to, same goes for you SassKing!

Haha it sure is!
    (Grrrr to OCD )
    It's OK! Well, not much tbh but if you want to know:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's this one event, I guess, that keeps on...haunting me? I know it's good to let go of the past but this one thing keeps on returning

It used to be really bad and kept on finding a way of getting on my mind nearly all the time for a few days. My mind kept on wandering and when it did, it always lead back to it. Tbh, it's one of the biggest things that brings me down these days and I just feel like I can't help it.
    Some people recommended mindfulness and that was really helped with trying to clear these thoughts from my mind, and I'm very grateful for that. Since then, I haven't been affected by those thoughts constantly - it was just a few days here and there and now it's just the odd day.

During the day, I try to do mindfulness and find ways of distracting myself (usually music and TSR) so my mind doesn't 'wander' back to the thoughts. Nights are the worst - all I can do is sleep and when I can't do that (I very rarely sleep straight away) the chances are that these thoughts will be on my mind again. There's very little I can do at night to stop myself from thinking about this and things, well, they just get bad :erm:

Every morning afterwards, I get so annoyed at myself because what I'm essentially doing to worrying and getting upset over what's happened in the past, but there's nothing that can be done about it - I should be looking to the future/ working on the present. :/

Sometimes I can kind of block off the thoughts a bit, so they're not as bad as they could be. I know it's good to talk about these things but I'm starting to think about it whilst typing this and I don't really want a repeat of last night - what happens is I can't get to sleep and I know some people have it worse than I do, but it is a bit of a leap from about 6 hours of sleep to 2/3 hours.

^Sorry for the length, once I started I just seemed to find more stuff to say
    Glad to hear it! Ahhh it'd be lovely to get more sleep everyday tbh

Aw thanks
    Glad to hear that, and oooh - that sounds great :yep: It'll be interesting to see how that goes!

Really :yep: (otherwise I wouldn't have said it :rofl:) Aww good good
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Freezer is smiling :woo:
    :party:
    No worries! Okey dokey, and that is a good idea; it'll really help
    Indeed haha!
    (Much grrrrr to OCD!)
    I do want to know!

And that is all quite worrying to me!
    Because I have a thoughts OCD issue and its pretty much the same as yours! Now I'm really really hoping you choose to see someone because they will help you and you can get rid of this forever!
    I know what it feels like to be up all night with these thoughts of a bad memory! It's awful!
    Please please see someone Matrix! It's hurts me to know that you're suffering and that you're keeping it quiet.
    I made that mistake and look at me now! :/

Oh it sure would be!
    Hehe it sure does! Excited for it, plus its in Lincoln too!!

Aww!! So sweet!!!

I'm having to shorten the response due to OCD issues again :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I honestly don't care if some random unknown person stole my idea, but if it's a 'friend'...
    what's the idea tell me pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    np ooh you cheeky
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would've gone for that as well :five:

yesssss

ReputationRep:
    tired bc gym...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    upper body oml..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.