The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
.ACS.
I was wondering... should LJMU be kept within the table since they do not offer a straight economics course? Aston were removed due to this, and LJMU in the same fashion only offer a JH Business and Economics course.
Or was Aston more removed due to the fact they're not listed in the traditional league tables whereas LJMU is?

JMU are now removed as they do not offer straight economics.

Old Entry was:
59) Liverpool JMU X (Cc) 200 251
Reply 421
Paulwhy

This is something to consider for either the 2009 edition, or the 2010 edition, of the TAELT.

Most, if not all, Scottish universities offer entry requirements for entry into both the first and the second year (since their degrees are one year longer than traditional English/Welsh/N.Irish degrees). It might be an idea to offer details in regards to both, since while one cannot enter into the second year of an English university from A-Levels, they can do so with a Scottish university.

Heriot-Watt:
1st year - BCC
2nd year - BBB (in relevant subjects)

Stirling:
1st year - BCC
2nd year - BBB (including A-Level Economics)

Dundee:
1st year - CCC
2nd year - BBB

Abderdeen:
1st year - CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
2nd year - BCC

While I am sure it is possible to do so from other Scottish universities, I've been unable to find the information easily on their websites.
Reply 422
.ACS.
This is something to consider for either the 2009 edition, or the 2010 edition, of the TAELT.

Most, if not all, Scottish universities offer entry requirements for entry into both the first and the second year (since their degrees are one year longer than traditional English/Welsh/N.Irish degrees). It might be an idea to offer details in regards to both, since while one cannot enter into the second year of an English university from A-Levels, they can do so with a Scottish university.

Heriot-Watt:
1st year - BCC
2nd year - BBB (in relevant subjects)

Stirling:
1st year - BCC
2nd year - BBB (including A-Level Economics)

Dundee:
1st year - CCC
2nd year - BBB

Abderdeen:
1st year - CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
2nd year - BCC

While I am sure it is possible to do so from other Scottish universities, I've been unable to find the information easily on their websites.

I also can't find any details on 2nd year entry for econ at top Scotiish unis such as Edinbrugh and St Andrews
Reply 423
I have added in a link to a google spreadsheet with all the applicants per place (and per offer where available) for all the top 11 unis:
Admission Statistics for all the RRC and RC unis:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pV60RSZTWYDWJ5-ycl6sDDw
Reply 424
Edinburgh 2010

UCAS Couse Search 2010 states the following A-level requirements
"Mathematics at grade B. If Mathematics is unavailable at grade B then AS Mathematics at A required."

Edinburgh website confirms that A-level Maths is strongly preferred.
http://www.econ.ed.ac.uk/ug/#entry
Reply 425
Cardiff 2010

UCAS Course Search has the A-level requirements as AAB/ABB

Whilst the uni website has ABB only:
http://coursefinder.cardiff.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/detail/23.html

But they both agree on need for B grade at A-level Maths.
Reply 426
Loughborough 2010
UCAS Course Search 2010 has Loughbrough as AAB.
Whilst the link to the departmnetal website with typical offers requriemnents is dead.
Reply 427
Surrey UCAS Course Search 2010 is ABB (2009 Course search was BBB).
Kent 2010 is 320 points on the uni website but 300 points on UCAS Course Search
BBB.2 (300 Points) (Atleast 51% of students below 280 points) (Surrey (54%), Kent (54%), Swansea (51%)
35) Surrey X (c) uni website ABB/BBB E**p m#b ABB on UCAS Course Search 2010 286 average tariff suggests BBB more like it.
36) Kent X (Cc) 300 (BB) (2010:320 BB 300 BB on UCAS Course Search 2010) m#b 286

Latest

Trending

Trending