Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    That was in 2009 right? that was indeed quite a game (if I am recalling the correct game) and I too hope for the same again this season

Yeah other than price it does seem to be one of those things that if you are not in the US, it is worth it. Sad about traffic being a nightmare, do they have rail services or anything going in and out? I won't be renting a car when I go there unless I have to. But yeah you sold me

Ah okay, I hope for more Patriots games
    Yup that was the game haha when Patriots killed in the first half and everything the Titans did just went wrong. I dunno about Rail services we rented a car and that was really bad getting in and out but i mean whats some traffic for a brilliant time!

ReputationRep:
    Tulane safety Devon Walker was taken off the field today after trying to make a tackle and colliding with a teammate. Stopped breathing and suffered a broken neck and collapsed lung. They performed a tracheotomy on the pitch to get him breathing again. Terrifying to watch and prayers are with him. Goes to show about this rubbish that American Footballers are wimps for wearing pads and that the protection becomes a weapon which is at times horrible to see.

ReputationRep:
    Sad to hear, hope he's alright.

Usually those who say pads are for wimps have no idea what they're talking about. Pads are more of a weapon than anything, let you play with a hell of a lot less caution. I don't think I could play rugby now without trying to lower my shoulder into every tackle and take peoples heads off.

ReputationRep:
    My God! I just checked out the video of it out of curiosity. It's one of things you have to watch then when you have you wish you hadn't. So horrible to him lying on top of a player motionless. You can kind of tell his head was 'flopping' as a result of the broken neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    My God! I just checked out the video of it out of curiosity. It's one of things you have to watch then when you have you wish you hadn't. So horrible to him lying on top of a player motionless. You can kind of tell his head was 'flopping' as a result of the broken neck.
    It really was awful, the stadium was just in stunned silence and that just made it even more scary to see. It looks like hes in stable condition now so thats good to hear.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...to start AP or not to. Might have him as my flex.

Even if he only gets 10-15 carries there is the chance he will break a long one. Titus Young is my flex so I could bench him, Roy Helu is my number two RB atm, not so sure about him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    hmmm...to start AP or not to. Might have him as my flex.

Even if he only gets 10-15 carries there is the chance he will break a long one. Titus Young is my flex so I could bench him, Roy Helu is my number two RB atm, not so sure about him tbh.
    It's being reported that Alfred Morris is starting at RB for the Redskins so I'd take Helu out.

ReputationRep:
    In today's games i've gone
    San Francisco at Green Bay-
    Green Bay @ 2/5
    Philadelphia at Cleveland-
    Philadelphia @ 1/4
    New England at Tennessee-
    New England @ 2/5
    Miami at Houston-
    Houston @ 1/7
    Indianapolis at Chicago-
    Chicago @ 1/5

And I've also had a flutter on getting all 8 of the divisional Champions correct for a massive payout:
    NFC West-
    San Francisco @ 4/9
    NFC South-
    Atlanta @ 5/4
    NFC North-
    Green Bay @ 4/11
    AFC West-
    Denver @ 13/8
    AFC South-
    Houston @ 1/5
    AFC North-
    Pittsburgh @ 21/20
    AFC East-
    New England @ 1/4
    NFC East-
    Philadelphia @ 29/20

How do you rate my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    In today's games i've gone
    San Francisco at Green Bay-
    Green Bay @ 2/5
    Philadelphia at Cleveland-
    Philadelphia @ 1/4
    New England at Tennessee-
    New England @ 2/5
    Miami at Houston-
    Houston @ 1/7
    Indianapolis at Chicago-
    Chicago @ 1/5

And I've also had a flutter on getting all 8 of the divisional Champions correct for a massive payout:
    NFC West-
    San Francisco @ 4/9
    NFC South-
    Atlanta @ 5/4
    NFC North-
    Green Bay @ 4/11
    AFC West-
    Denver @ 13/8
    AFC South-
    Houston @ 1/5
    AFC North-
    Pittsburgh @ 21/20
    AFC East-
    New England @ 1/4
    NFC East-
    Philadelphia @ 29/20

How do you rate my chances?
    I would have Ravens Saints and Chargers to win their respective divisions personally . Today I bet Lions/Packers/Jaguars/Falcons fancied the jags in an upset but they will probably be the coupon buster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    It's being reported that Alfred Morris is starting at RB for the Redskins so I'd take Helu out.
    AP is starting so I'm gonna put him in. I've gone for Beanie Wells over Titus Young as my flex player for now. Could change in the next half hour but RBs dominate fantasy.

So I've got:

Rodgers
    DeMarco Murray (Played)
    AP
    Bryant (Played)
    B.Lloyd
    V. Davis
    Beanie Wells

It's gonna be either Beanie Wells, Titus Young or Denarius Moore for my flex.

ReputationRep:
    My iPad even in the charger is losing battery life streaming Sky Go! Getting 8 hours out of this baby is going to be a nightmare. I wish I could watch it on the TV but my Dad cannot appreciate the sport, nor cope for the 4 hours that it goes on for.

FFS all I am getting is problems from Sky, keeps flickering receiver must be on last legs or something as the dish is fine (obstruction wise) or is it a Sky issue? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      Doesn't surprise me at all to see Tebow in different positions and being used early... doesn't surprise me at all that Sanchez can't even throw the ball away properly either.

ReputationRep:
      JANORIS JENKINS!!! Get in!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alexsong)
      I would have Ravens Saints and Chargers to win their respective divisions personally . Today I bet Lions/Packers/Jaguars/Falcons fancied the jags in an upset but they will probably be the coupon buster
      The Bears are going to break my coupon at this rate! Jay Cutler is going to have to be on top scrambling form.

ReputationRep:
      Eagles offense is just not clicking. Two turnovers already. Shady stripped and Vick throws across his body to be picked yet again. Haven't sorted out left tackle position and even though preseason went well o-line looks poor. These backup refs still suck as well.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by miniman)
      Eagles offense is just not clicking. Two turnovers already. Shady stripped and Vick throws across his body to be picked yet again. Haven't sorted out left tackle position and even though preseason went well o-line looks poor. These backup refs still suck as well.
      Thought I'd be the only one watching this game. Dreadful refs as expected.

Browns D working together as hoped, still waiting for Richardson to really arrive.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
      Thought I'd be the only one watching this game. Dreadful refs as expected.

Browns D working together as hoped, still waiting for Richardson to really arrive.
      Browns pass rush is working well but Eagles can gain some good yardage rushing. Eagles giving away a lot of penalties as per usual. Browns offense hasn't really had a chance to get into the game yet.

ReputationRep:
      Andrew Luck who? What a start from RG3 lol

8/8 149 Yds and a TD. And 4 rushes for 24 yds.

(Original post by tehFrance)
      FFS all I am getting is problems from Sky, keeps flickering receiver must be on last legs or something as the dish is fine (obstruction wise) or is it a Sky issue? :holmes:
      My Sky coverage is fine.

ReputationRep:
      I'll be pissed if RG3 gets more fantasy points than Brady this week. I should have learnt from Cam Newton last year :facepalm2:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.