Tom (125)
43.55%
passthedutchie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by metro2610)
I think he was Italian, but not fully sure...

It's not just Tom though, Helen was pretty quick off the mark to agree with him Part of me hopes this isn't their final idea for this week's task.

Can't wait til Wednesday!
Goes to show Helen has no ability to think of anything original. At least Tom is trying.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JmJtr)
The thing with Suzie is 1. Shes abit up herself and 2. Shes young so will have many opportunites to build her buissness. The others however are in their 30's and this could be their last chances.

Saying that though after watching the last five show I had more respect for Suzie and Natasha. Both have really humble backgrounds and especially Suzie going from no english to near perfect with not much help and providing all for her mum.

Don't know if I stll want Tom to win!!?!?!?
Think of it this way: LS build his empire on street selling. Where does Suzie come from? Street selling. Now that creates a bond right there. She has to mess up big time before he lets her go IMO.

Besides... he has to pick one winner. In the past he also employed the runner-up if LS thought they were worthy. I am convinced that even if say, Helen wins, Tom and Suzie are so close to his heart, they can call him for support in whatever they do.
metro2610
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
Goes to show Helen has no ability to think of anything original. At least Tom is trying.
I do like Helen, but I'm kind of glad she got knocked off her perch last week tbh... We'll see how she goes from here on in I guess.

Btw, just saw that you mentioned Genoa in your other post. I didn't even know that it was a region of Italy and an ex-independent state
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by metro2610)
I do like Helen, but I'm kind of glad she got knocked off her perch last week tbh... We'll see how she goes from here on in I guess.

Btw, just saw that you mentioned Genoa in your other post. I didn't even know that it was a region of Italy and an ex-independent state
I did always thought he was a Spaniard, but he was in fact Geno-ese (thank you Wikipedia) , who sort of got a Spanish identity later on.

In 1492, Spain was the global superpower. Britain's glory days started from 1600's onwards. People like Newton, James Cook etc etc. Plenty of names to choose from i would say.

Still, i wouldn't call it a Newton pie. Unless it's PI. Maybe the Cook Pie
oldham_fran
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did always thought he was a Spaniard, but he was in fact Geno-ese (thank you Wikipedia) , who sort of got a Spanish identity later on.

In 1492, Spain was the global superpower. Britain's glory days started from 1600's onwards. People like Newton, James Cook etc etc. Plenty of names to choose from i would say.

You beat me to it! Was just gonna say that Columbus was from Genoa. So I'll tell you all that he didn't discover America, which again makes Tom wrong. Columbus only discovered the West Indies, the discovery of America is attributed to Amerigo Vespucci (hence the name).
Kind of lowered my opinion of Tom, he comes across as the sort of bloke who wouldn't get these things wrong :P
Jim FTW!
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched last week's episode, good to see Melody back on the market. :sexface:

I can't believe they didn't order more dogs, and Natasha really needs to be booted out...she'd've gone for sure if they had lost.

Also saw the rocket pub on there, which I've been to before. :gah: And Enfield market. :pierre:
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I totally thought it was Wednesday today.
I even rushed home so I wouldn't miss the first 10 minutes.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
I totally thought it was Wednesday today.
I even rushed home so I wouldn't miss the first 10 minutes.
You've let yourself down and, most importantly, you've let Ghana down.
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

They had to think of famous British people and they decided Lord Byron and Christopher Columbus? :facepalm:

I'd of thought Tom would of mentioned Brunel. As if to confuse the idea that Byron was writing the same time as Shakespeare wasn't worst enough. They mention a more famous writer but decided to stick with Byron? so confused as to why. They should have gone for Timothy Berners Lee, the British inventor of the World Wide Web. Berners Lee Pie has a ring to it...
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Crazy Paving)
You've let yourself down and, most importantly, you've let Ghana down.
That's a terrible thing to say

I'll redeem myself
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Latest Boleg Bros

Man-in-the-Moon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by georgegabriel)
I don't know if anyone else picked up on it, but in The Final Five Karren Brady said right at the end something along the lines of "they've all done really well to get to this point, but we haven't seen their business plans yet."

Suggests to me that perhaps instead of interviews, they'll have to present to a set of people (possibly the same people such as Claude and Bordan etc, or even Sugar) their business plan/idea were they to be successful in winning The Apprentice.
Yeah that's what I had pictured for the final. I know it's all for telly and stuff but it seems stupid to leave the revealing of the business plans until the final episode in the series. Surely that's the first thing that Lord Sugar should have considered? Essentially if he hasn't already seen their ideas and taken them into account then he could have let through five people who have survived the tasks but who have truly awful business plans. I'm assuming he must have seen a brief overview of every applicant's plans as part of their application and then selected 16 people with the skills and a business plan he could invest in.
xsweetcherrypiex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really hope Natasha yeah? is fired in this week's task yeah?

Spoiler:
Show
It's just SO annoying! I don't understand how she can't get through one sentence without saying "yeah?"around 5 times!
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As the weeks go on I like Susie more and more. She lacks common sense at times, but she does have good ideas, and she already runs a successful business, so can't be a bad businesswoman either.
Natasha or Helen to go this week :holmes:
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
Natasha :yes:
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
As the weeks go on I like Susie more and more. She lacks common sense at times, but she does have good ideas, and she already runs a successful business, so can't be a bad businesswoman either.
LS comes from "the street", she comes from the street. Even if LS never said it out loud, he has a soft spot for that IMO.

I reckon that if he fires Suzie
a) She must mess up big time
b) He will say even more than just the classic "with regret"

I would even go so far that if he fires either Tom or Suzie, he would STILL invest, but with a smaller amount. Simply because he likes real entrepreneurs.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a feeling it'll be a shock leave today.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apparently, the fired candidate has this to say:
"In this process, some of the characters will scream and shout and fight, and I’m not willing to lose my own dignity. I’ve walked out of this process with my head held high"
Sounds like Helen to me, but surely not...?
Tomatochuckers
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tbh Natasha did come from a difficult background, but during this proccess shes the weakest candidate left
then Helen
then jim
then Tom
then Susan
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Apparently, the fired candidate has this to say:
"In this process, some of the characters will scream and shout and fight, and I’m not willing to lose my own dignity. I’ve walked out of this process with my head held high"
Sounds like Helen to me, but surely not...?
Susan? :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise