Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know....which exams are you awaiting results for? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    I am! what else are you taking?
    I'm taking Physics, Chemistry and Maths but if I get a B in Chemistry I'm changing it to Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    The Spanish assessments were ok i guess i got a B and an A, and i think i did Edexcel Dida I.T. which was really bad only hoping for a pass. Also i hope you do well on your Maths
    nice one, and the OCR nationals was purely coursework and fairly easy, most of the class was just browsing the internet for about a year of the course xD they're quite picky with what they want though, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed out on a distinction because I forgot a transition in one of my slides
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Liv_97)
    Edexcel geog, ocr maths, ocr salters bio, edexcel salters chem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oops meant to quote then!
    How did u find the unit 1 exam for geog?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    I'm dreading my history result!
    Last year I had a B( one UMS off an A and me made me re-sit it)
    My coursework is a B
    But I also had do sit 3 history exams I think I did okay on Germany, but on my American history one (1929-2000) I forgot everything on Regan... I but he started the civil rights revolution, and supported black rights.. Just well done me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, Im dreading history. I also got a B last year and I didnt get to retake :/
    I really want an A in history but if not than thats okay, as I am never ever going to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I did a science BTEC in Year 9 but I have no idea what it's worth so I don't count it. I'll have a FSMQ aswell.
    I think the science BTEC's are equivalent to 2 GCSE's- lot's of people in my school did them. I know I may sound stupid to alot of people on here but what qualifictaion is the FSMQ? (-is is something to do with Maths:confused:)

ReputationRep:
    I did a science BTEC in Year 9 but I have no idea what it's worth so I don't count it. I'll have a FSMQ aswell.
    I did a science/technology BTEC in year 9 and no idea if it ever got submitted :lol: (proabably not) and an AiDA which I have no idea what happened to ? I could be sitting on 16 GCSE OE here but I don't include those two

ReputationRep:
    Guyss. You see with OCR Nationals? Would you say a distinction is an A*, so for example could I say I got an A* in OCR Nationals ICT or not? Just wondering. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    Same, Im dreading history. I also got a B last year and I didnt get to retake :/
    I really want an A in history but if not than thats okay, as I am never ever going to do it again.
    My teacher made EVERYONE below an A re sit ... Makes sense though considering he actually sets the papers and he is one of the chief examiners on the WJEC, anyone remember last year when 2 history teachers were on the news and they were accused of given their pupils information about the papers?... Yeah that was my teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    I think the science BTEC's are equivalent to 2 GCSE's- lot's of people in my school did them. I know I may sound stupid to alot of people on here but what qualifictaion is the FSMQ? (-is is something to do with Maths:confused:)
    yes Free standing maths qualification .. its something you do after GCSE maths if you did it early for example harder than GCSE easier than AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    How did u find the unit 1 exam for geog?
    is unit 1 the skills paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Its Maths. Its liek a bridging qualification from GCSE to A-Level. It covers a lot of C1 material and a few pieces from C2, M1 and S1.

ReputationRep:
    It's Level 3 (GCSE is Level 2) and stands for free standing maths qualification. It's not an A-Level or GCSE but somewhere in between.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading my history result!
    Last year I had a B( one UMS off an A and me made me re-sit it)
    My coursework is a B
    But I also had do sit 3 history exams I think I did okay on Germany, but on my American history one (1929-2000) I forgot everything on Regan... I but he started the civil rights revolution, and supported black rights.. Just well done me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My coursework is also at a B but borderline, I said that anyone off the street is better than Churchill or something but 3 exams?! :eek: I only had to do 2, one on British society and the other on America around 1929-1940, the entire class failed on the first one, people who got A's and A*'s in their mocks got C's and D's in the exam (like me )

ReputationRep:
    My teacher made EVERYONE below an A re sit ... Makes sense though considering he actually sets the papers and he is one of the chief examiners on the WJEC, anyone remember last year when 2 history teachers were on the news and they were accused of given their pupils information about the papers?... Yeah that was my teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats good. The history teachers were like if you get a C or above thats perfect. So a B was brilliant to her. Disadvantages of attending a low performing state school :/

ReputationRep:
    If I have a Distinction* in a Level 2 BTEC First Certificate in Applied Science. What is this supposedly worth in GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    It's Level 3 (GCSE is Level 2) and stands for free standing maths qualification. It's not an A-Level or GCSE but somewhere in between.
    Yep. Its Maths. Its liek a bridging qualification from GCSE to A-Level. It covers a lot of C1 material and a few pieces from C2, M1 and S1.
    (Original post by techno836)
    yes Free standing maths qualification .. its something you do after GCSE maths if you did it early for example harder than GCSE easier than AS
    Thnaks for the replies everyone. I'm looking to do A-Level Maths, so do you think doing this qualification would be worthwhile doing?

ReputationRep:
    Guyss. You see with OCR Nationals? Would you say a distinction is an A*, so for example could I say I got an A* in OCR Nationals ICT or not? Just wondering. :P
    I think the closest it can be properly called is an A-A* bracket grade, I think that's what my teach said, why couldn't they just use letters like everyone else :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I wish i did the FSMQ, GCSE maths was not a good enough challenge plus the FSMQ would have been a better bridge towards A level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    My coursework is also at a B but borderline, I said that anyone off the street is better than Churchill or something but 3 exams?! :eek: I only had to do 2, one on British society and the other on America around 1929-1940, the entire class failed on the first one, people who got A's and A*'s in their mocks got C's and D's in the exam (like me )
    Mine was a mid B grade ,
    Yeah I had to sit the following :-
    Germany 1929-47
    USA 1910-29
    USA 1929-2000
    Honestly though so many people had to sit the entire 3 exams! I had to sit 2 one after the other! I really wasn't happy about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.