Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    But I thought you said you were both Hindu and athiest and that it's possible to be both.
    That's your belief but surely Hindus believe their books came from God...I know what your views are on that specific verse but what do other Hindus think of it? I'm just wondering how it makes sense for it to come from God and then question his existence...
    I could be, but I'm not. The extent of me being a Hindu is having read lots of books, but knowledge isn't the same as signing up to a belief system.

They see it as simple honesty. I think it's normal to question God's existence. That verse has lots of philosophical undertones that have been a source of debate for Hindus for a long time, so there isn't really a clear consensus. Hinduism is just too split and varied to really have one homogenous opinion or idea. They're all as valid as each other. Me not believing in God is as valid as someone who does, and if God is real, I don't believe he'd hold it against me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixtons.Baddest)
    Man I'm done with I-soc them pagans can't seem to accept me I'm sticking to my drifting ways bunch of Pagans.
    Paigon fam. Don't let real Dons see u looking like a moist yout

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I could be, but I'm not. The extent of me being a Hindu is having read lots of books, but knowledge isn't the same as signing up to a belief system.

They see it as simple honesty. I think it's normal to question God's existence. That verse has lots of philosophical undertones that have been a source of debate for Hindus for a long time, so there isn't really a clear consensus. Hinduism is just too split and varied to really have one homogenous opinion or idea. They're all as valid as each other. Me not believing in God is as valid as someone who does, and if God is real, I don't believe he'd hold it against me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you're agnostic? You're not Hindu?
    Yes but if it was direct revelation from god then it doesn't make sense for there to be such a verse...if it's what he's saying then why would he have a verse questioning his existence? Or is it just what people put together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    So you're agnostic? You're not Hindu?
    Yes but if it was direct revelation from god then it doesn't make sense for there to be such a verse...if it's what he's saying then why would he have a verse questioning his existence? Or is it just what people put together?
    I'm agnostic, yep. Maybe in some ways people would say I'm Hindu, I'm a vegetarian, I wear the string around my wrist etc. But I don't feel like one.

It was never a direct revelation as such. It was more to do with the mental state which the sages reached, after years and years of meditation they were able to see their Self as it was and it's connection to God, nothing was 'spelled' out to them as such. The knowledge was already there, they had to obtain it. Do you still think it doesn't make sense to have such a verse? I see your point to be honest.
    To make it worse, Hinduism believes the universe has already undergone countless cycles of creation and destruction, so the Vedas is timeless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I'm agnostic, yep. Maybe in some ways people would say I'm Hindu, I'm a vegetarian, I wear the string around my wrist etc. But I don't feel like one.

It was never a direct revelation as such. It was more to do with the mental state which the sages reached, after years and years of meditation they were able to see their Self as it was and it's connection to God, nothing was 'spelled' out to them as such. The knowledge was already there, they had to obtain it. Do you still think it doesn't make sense to have such a verse? I see your point to be honest.
    To make it worse, Hinduism believes the universe has already undergone countless cycles of creation and destruction, so the Vedas is timeless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that because of family? If you were ever to believe in a religion would it be Hinduism?

Hmm I understand but if the connection they felt was strong enough for them to write scriptures and have the religion formed around whatever rules are in place and the gods that are worshipped, why would you question the existence of god/s? If the connection they felt was that strong and they created scriptures surely they would be sure of god existing?
    Wait, how does that make the Vedas timeless...the Vedas is a book right?

ReputationRep:
    stop acting like you really bout that life though
    You are not no Don you're more like a nitty .
    Smh ur just a neak init :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Raaa that's rich:rofl: coming from some middle class yout
    Nah!!! what do you mean moist my own muslims compadres cant seem to embrace me they tell me to join then tag me with names like "troll"

In my books they are Pagans Cuz :mad:.
    You know I got that crossover appeal fam, I'm a man of the masses.

That was deep, sorry to hear man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a intelligent individual and If that makes me neek then so be it
    But I see you gurus smoking that mary jane and whitney behind the bushes.:hmmm:.
    Who said you're intelligent?
    naaaaaah mate none of that Whitney init

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Salaam Everyone, Long time since I have been on this. How are you guys?

ReputationRep:
    stop acting like you really bout that life though
    You are not no Don you're more like a nitty .
    +1 rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend you seem very confused at one moment you are an atheist and god doesn't exist, five minutes later you are an agnostic and you are not sure about the existence of a god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I didn't say it was, that silly person I quoted tried to make atheists look stupid so she made something up (atheists thinks there is nothing wrong with incest, she has no proof).

Homosexuality is natural and has been observed in multiple species. Some genes have been identified in relation to sexuality.

Cmon buddy, you had to stop believing the world was flat, or shaped like an ostrich egg, or that the sun revolved around us, or we came from Adam and Eve etc. You'll one day have to stop believing homosexuality is a choice and accept it's not a choice.

Btw what's it to you what people do with their sexual organs, as long as they don't do it to you or harm you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Atheists believe that as long as it is between consenting adults and they use contraception, there is nothing wrong with incest. And why wouldn't they believe that? If you believe homosexuality is fine, you can't say incest is wrong because it is the same concept- 2 consenting adults doing whatever they want without harming anyone. Isn't that the basis of all morals in atheism?
    Laurence Krauss, an atheist and a physicist who is highly respected by atheists actually said he doesn't see what's wrong with a brother and a sister having intercourse if they used contraception. Loool- this is the ugly truth of atheism and I have not made this up.

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    WOW!!!Ggmu you're a real hypocrite talking about my roots yes I may be working class but at least I don't put on some charade about I'm a "real don" you are a plonker when really you're some little indian yout that probably cowers when you are faced by real a "don".
    Secondly these terms of endearment you use need to stop before you actually experience what I real "G" actually entails you are mocking a culture you have no idea about.
    Articulate/10

ReputationRep:
    What does articulate/10 mean?

if that is a derogatory term I suggest you stay far away:hand: I don't want to cause a uproar with you I'm tired of having confrontations on this APP.
    Means you were very articulate in your use of vocabulary. I was impressed :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    WOW!!!Ggmu you're a real hypocrite talking about my roots yes I may be working class but at least I don't put on some charade about I'm a "real don" you are a plonker but in all seriousness really you're some little indian yout that probably cowers when you are faced by a real "don".
    Secondly these terms of endearment you use need to stop before you actually experience what I real "G" actually entails you are mocking a culture you have no idea about.
    Somebody seems a lil mad lol

You ok buddy? You shouldn't rise above your station

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noura*)
    Atheists believe that as long as it is between consenting adults and they use contraception, there is nothing wrong with incest. And why wouldn't they believe that? If you believe homosexuality is fine, you can't say incest is wrong because it is the same concept- 2 consenting adults doing whatever they want without harming anyone. Isn't that the basis of all morals in atheism?
    Laurence Krauss, an atheist and a physicist who is highly respected by atheists actually said he doesn't see what's wrong with a brother and a sister having intercourse if they used contraception. Loool- this is the ugly truth of atheism and I have not made this up.
    Oh who said that? The international atheists alliance?

I could say all muslims sympathise with terrorists and despite what you say I'll say 'hurr durr you know it's true!1!!1' Because that's a great argument.
    Incest sickens me.

(Original post by Al-farhan)
    My friend you seem very confused at one moment you are an atheist and god doesn't exist, five minutes later you are an agnostic and you are not sure about the existence of a god.
    God doesn't exist as far as I know. Nobody can possibly know, by its very nature. 100% certainty either way is a dishonest position imo.

I don't think you found it confusing at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    3 emirati women attacked with a hammer in a hotel in central london by a a drug addict who robbed them too after leaving them for dead. One of the women got hit so badly that her skull split in half and she lost one eye and can never speak or move again. I actually held back tears when I read it on the train this morning pray for them peeps

The idiot is still roaming the streets until his trial next month. Ya rabb THIS IS WHY THE DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK!!!

Can you not let your emotions take up your judgement? How can you kill a man, that has not killed anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Somebody seems a lil mad lol

You ok buddy? You shouldn't rise above your station

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by somalilander)

Can you not let your emotions take up your judgement? How can you kill a man, that has not killed anyone?
    He wanted to kill them so the inention is there. And the woman is alive but dead at the same time because she cant see from one eye, move properly or talk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Wcs! im good thanks and you? Uni is good, just finding it hard to adjust to the workload lol

You're at qm too right?
    Yh i am; are you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.