Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    It's all doom and gloom again.

But yeh srsly we have no fear factor. We seriously need our own Toure & Aguero, Matic & Costa etc
    We were pretty shocking today, a few choice moves in the transfer market should help us get over this bad period.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Akpom anyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ffs Giroud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    ffs Giroud
    Was trending earlier. As much as I don't want Giroud to be our first choice ST, I have no issue with him being 2nd choice. Do fear this may go the Santos way, in terms of him just getting dogs abuse on his twitter everyday. Started already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is a shocking striker without a doubt. Very poor performance all round tonight.
    If we can't get a striker, like Remy for example; we could place Sanchez as centre forward with Poldoski (Walcott when he is fit) and Santi on wing and Ozil in-between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I would rather us have

Flamini - Ramsey
    Ox Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

Can't stand Giroud. Really can't. He can come on as a sun in the 83rd min to roll around and waste time if we're closing in on a win but that's it.

I've had it with him
    so you cant stand giroud but are happy for sanchez ox cazorla and ramsey to play who've all started the season ****

ReputationRep:
    Bit bored?
    yeah, find myself with nothing to do since my team already qualified :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Was trending earlier. As much as I don't want Giroud to be our first choice ST, I have no issue with him being 2nd choice. Do fear this may go the Santos way, in terms of him just getting dogs abuse on his twitter everyday. Started already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's playing for Arsenal man, we have literally never had a striker as bad in years since Jeffers. I seriously think that even Bendtner is better if his attitude is right. It just hurts to watch him play as an Arsenal striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    First time in five years .

Akpom anyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko, 28/05/2014)
    Apparently he's negotiations to renew his contract, good news if so. I'm calling it early, Giroud to get 30+ next season
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post47827028

Rep if you lold
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prinz655)
    We were pretty shocking today, a few choice moves in the transfer market should help us get over this bad period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My problem is our strike power, our defensive midfield and the options on our bench. Did you see how weak our bench was?

(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    I bet you're so flipping proud of yourself for that isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair our bench was short 3 Germans plus the mandatory couple of injuries. I think we're probably just one short on numbers but could do with more quality in a few positions. Why does Wenger never play Ox on the left? Got to be better than Santi surely...he's just too slow.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at everyone losing their mind cos we didn't perform in our first TWO games of the season.

brb committing suicide if we don't smash everton

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise the season was over yet you clown. Giroud will prove the haters wrong

ReputationRep:
    Evening Standard's James Olley

"Arteta doesn't look good. Just walked through the mixed zone wearing a protective boot, limping badly. Wenger says he "turned his ankle".

A lot of possible talk about ankle ligament damage on twitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Evening Standard's James Olley

"Arteta doesn't look good. Just walked through the mixed zone wearing a protective boot, limping badly. Wenger says he "turned his ankle".

A lot of possible talk about ankle ligament damage on twitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if he doesn't buy a DM now he never will.

ReputationRep:
    My problem is our strike power, our defensive midfield and the options on our bench. Did you see how weak our bench was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a huge problem, Wenger should give Campbell a chance and now arteta is injured (rumours is that it's a fairly lengthy one) Wenger has no excuse to get at least one cdm and centre back. The striker situation would sort itself out when Walcott returns and a striker who can COMPETENTLY rotate with giroud is brought.

ReputationRep:
    Thing with Arteta is that he's tidy but too weak when put under pressure. We need somebody who can shield the ball better and not watch people run past them, somebody with a bit of presence, ideally a Petit type who can play from deep too. Could be a blessing if Arteta's injury forces Wenger's hand. Will be a disaster if we just persist with Flamini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Didn't realise the season was over yet you clown. Giroud will prove the haters wrong
    If he keeps this standard of performance up, he would prove the haters right. Tbh I actually like giroud but he needs to start performing in the games we need him to perform in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is a shocking player. He's dog****e. He's slow. Bad movement. Inconsistent finisher. Doesn't make the most of his height. Doesn't bully defenders. Technically quite bad.

Never see the best of Ozil with Giroud in the side. We look sooooooo much better with Yaya.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.