Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    One man killed by two lunatics is vastly different to the systemic massacre of thousands of civilians. Either you can see and understand that, and are being deliberately obtuse, or you are completely moronic.

Drawing parallels between what was an absolutely tragic murder, and a massacre with many war crimes being committed whilst the world just sits and watches, is idiotic in the extreme.
    Don't care, same old one way street, British people don't seem to have a right to be offended by anything, no difference at all. And i'm not even British. It's not just 1 person either, it has been Islamism that has been going on for years, Pakistani peodpihle gangs up and down the UK, yet everybody was lamblasted for speaking out against it, yet Muslims can riot over cartoons and everybody supports them. Loll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    That might be fine if the source wasn't a hospital ward or the geography department of a local school.

The principle of proportionality applies. Israel seem to just be operating in a totally irresponsible manner here.
    Under international law, ANY building/institution being used for military purposes, is a legitimate military target.

Israel is obliged to safeguard civilians and gives multi-level warnings more than any other army in the world.

Does the British army warn Taliban before hitting their base?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Don't care, same old one way street, British people don't seem to have a right to be offended by anything, no difference at all. And i'm not even British. It's not just 1 person either, it has been Islamism that has been going on for years, Pakistani peodpihle gangs up and down the UK, yet everybody was lamblasted for speaking out against it, yet Muslims can riot over cartoons and everybody supports them. Loll
    Oh right, yeah don't worry, I definitely agree with you on the softly softly offend no one touch the UK seems to be taking, simply isn't working, and never will.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, yeah don't worry, I definitely agree with you on the softly softly offend no one touch the UK seems to be taking, simply isn't working, and never will.
    I wouldn't expect anything less from a British person, you started hated on your own kind many, many years ago.

But no seriously, all jokes aside and getting back to the topic, The hypocrisy on here is quite amazing that people are supporting these people chanting the name of somebody who attempted to wipe out a whole group of people, and everybody is supporting it That's just my opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    And Hamas aren't irresponsible for hiding in a school that they know will therefore be at risk of attack due to their presence?
    This^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BismaKhan)
    No. Youre right but this isnt a normal protest is it.....its people who have been bombed and attacked for the past two weeks.
    No they haven't. They're in Canada.

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell you how bored I am of this ceasefire bull**** we keep trying to impose if Hamas are only going to break it

ReputationRep:
    What do you make of it, WWIII?

WW3 is quite a stretch... Though it seems that some people on TSR are itching for a war for some reason..

ReputationRep:
    No. Youre right but this isnt a normal protest is it.....its people who have been bombed and attacked for the past two weeks.

Do you need to lose family to feel sorry for babies and children dying?
    Your apologism for this unjustified racism is concerning.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a Palestinian I would be getting a knife out and stabbing as many of the baby killing ***** as I could.

Sticks and stones and all that. The jews will never let go of the holocaust because it somehow in their eyes, and in the eyes of many of their supporters, legitimises everything that they are currently doing.

The Palestinians are paying for the sins of the Germans, and they really are paying for those sins in blood. They have a right to be aggrieved
    Stop conflating the Jewish people and Israel.

Pro-Palestinian protesters chanting Heil Hitler, i.e. basically praising the murder of Jews, is about as justifiable as people protesting ISIS or Assad calling for the death of all Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    Under international law, ANY building/institution being used for military purposes, is a legitimate military target.

Israel is obliged to safeguard civilians and gives multi-level warnings more than any other army in the world.
    Well, given the numbers of civillian's killed, Israel doesn't seem to be fulfilling its obligations...

The principle of distinction and proportionality applies. I find it hard to agree that shelling a school to achieve an unquantified military objective could ever be found to be proportionate. One attck in mid July involved Isreal bombing a cafe. 15 civillians died in an operation Isreal said was "targetting a terrorist."

And Hamas aren't irresponsible for hiding in a school that they know will therefore be at risk of attack due to their presence?
    I never said that Hamas are without blame. Indeed, anyone trying to pin blame on one side is just silly.

Hamas has also acted unlawfully by hiding munitions in, and conducting operations from, civilian areas. I find the actions of Hamas to be totally unnaceptable - but that does not excuse Israel's thick headed response.

ReputationRep:
    palestinians increasing rocket fire as some Israeli troops withdraw. Obviously they want to keep the conflict going knowing they have the support of Europe's useful idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Well, given the numbers of civillian's killed, Israel doesn't seem to be fulfilling its obligations...

The principle of distinction and proportionality applies. I find it hard to agree that shelling a school to achieve an unquantified military objective could ever be found to be proportionate. One attck in mid July involved Isreal bombing a cafe. 15 civillians died in an operation Isreal said was "targetting a terrorist."
    They might not have known. If fire is directed at troops, they are obliged to return fire to the source. They may not know the source 3 miles away behind other buildings, is a school.

We know that in every conflict in build-up areas, these things happen.

NATO hit hospitals, old peoples homes and even a bordering country when striking Serbia.

They bombed a few wedding parties in Afghanistan.

It's simply impossible to avoid civilian casualties. It just cannot be done.

ReputationRep:

I never said that Hamas are without blame. Indeed, anyone trying to pin blame on one side is just silly.

Hamas has also acted unlawfully by hiding munitions in, and conducting operations from, civilian areas. I find the actions of Hamas to be totally unnaceptable - but that does not excuse Israel's thick headed response.
    There are always casualties of war, that will never change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    They might not have known. If fire is directed at troops, they are obliged to return fire to the source. They may not know the source 3 miles away behind other buildings, is a school.

We know that in every conflict in build-up areas, these things happen.

NATO hit hospitals, old peoples homes and even a bordering country when striking Serbia.

They bombed a few wedding parties in Afghanistan.

It's simply impossible to avoid civilian casualties. It just cannot be done.
    The school in Jabalya - the UN gave Israel the location 17 times.
    The school in Rafah - the UN gave Israel the location 33 times.

You'd think that they would have a pretty good idea as to what they were bombing... wouldn't you?

Also - well done for following the standard Israeli PR spiel to a T.

ReputationRep:
    Your apologism for this unjustified racism is concerning.
    As is yours for genocide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    No they haven't. They're in Canada.
    So if my home gets attacked its all sun shine and rainbows.... Your logic sucks bud.

What about Israelis singing about Palestinian children dying and how they're destroying their homes and schools. You ignore that, you sick condoner of child murder

ReputationRep:
    As is yours for genocide
    Palestinians aren't exactly being put in Gas Chambers, it's a war with attacks on both side, it's like claiming Germans commited Genocide against the UK during WW2, a lot more died in that war, it was millions.

ReputationRep:
    Palestinians aren't exactly being put in Gas Chambers, it's a war with attacks on both side, it's like claiming Germans commited Genocide against the UK during WW2, a lot more died in that war, it was millions.
    Sigh.... You dont have to put them in gas chambers if you blow thier homes up

Whyd you change the OP?

ReputationRep:
    Sigh.... You dont have to put them in gas chambers if you blow thier homes up

Whyd you change the OP?
    Because the Zionists threatened me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.