Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    hahahaha wtf
    Szc would need to be contaminated in a cell, handcrafted by Wenger, every time Lewa is having a shower or is free.
    Wenger will put an ankle bracelet on Szc so every time he is 10m close to Lew he would get an electric shock. That should do it.
    Hahaha Szc is so weird when it comes to Lewa, like they play together in the national team and are bff's but szc just loves the guy.

Tbh I could see a transfer happening, there's a lot of central European/ German speaking players in our squad I don't think there'd be an issue with him settling in
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    we defo need a top cdm to help push coq and help him improve.
    Ideally, you could do with a CDM in the latter stages of his career for Coquelin to learn from. I think Coquelin has potential for sure. World class potential? We'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Ideally, you could do with a CDM in the latter stages of his career for Coquelin to learn from. I think Coquelin has potential for sure. World class potential? We'll see.
    Coquelin is the new Makalele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Completely agree, age wise Flam is probably worth staying on as a mentor for Coq but we need an ageing cdm who is still very good who can help coq improve. Khedira maybe? Meets the ageing criteria and would be cheap, but isn't an out and out cdm, although him and Flam mentoring coq could help him become a world class cdm imo

ReputationRep:
    It will be a successful season if the FaCup is retained, 2nd place and beating mourinho at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    We will have the best attack in the Prem if we get Lewy. We have the best or second best now (depending on how Chelsea play today).
    But we really need a good CB to replace Mert. Koscielny needs a break of doing the job of 2 defenders every game.

Yeah, it seems to me that all our creative mids would really flourish if they had a top striker capable of tapping in all those chances we create.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

To say he's not good enough to lead our line is a false statement however. Striker is not the one position of attack. If we want to score more goals we need better wingers too (only natural wingers we have in the club are Sanchez and Walcott, one is a one sided player and the other is inefficient). I would advise buying a better striker but not to replace Giroud, instead to play with him up front. Have sort of like a two striker system but Giroud drops back anyway and is important to our passing so can't really go wrong!

It's a shame he's hit his peak at such a late age though. Hopefully his decline doesn't come too soon as I'd like to see more of this Giroud.
    As for you thinking he's not good enough, how many of Giroud's goals have you seen this season?
    To play two up front would be suicidal with the current midfield. Assuming you would get a proper CDM in would negate that to an extent, but it would also leave Özil/Rosicky etc. in the lurch (unless played on the wing which isn't their best position). It's clear that Arsene see their future in big games as sitting deep and countering, so it would be advisable to buy a more efficient pacy striker, Lacazette essentially. Giroud is a good option against smaller teams who'll drop deep and limit the space, and I said above that he brings other players into play well like Ramsey.

It boils down to ambition though tbh. Guarantee that you won't ever win the title with Giroud leading the line as you already know. It's daft to compare him to Diego either way. Don't get the last part which comes across as quote defensive and is a common theme in your posts to others who support different clubs. Could play the same card with Falcao then who's scored the winner against Everton and in draws vs Villa and Stoke as well in another win (can't remember who) but the goal was inconsequential. So he's gained us 4 points, possibly more with his assists so his contribution potentially could make his transfer fee well worth it if we get top 4.

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree, age wise Flam is probably worth staying on as a mentor for Coq but we need an ageing cdm who is still very good who can help coq improve. Khedira maybe? Meets the ageing criteria and would be cheap, but isn't an out and out cdm, although him and Flam mentoring coq could help him become a world class cdm imo
    For coquelin to be world class all he has to do is to have consistency, he already does what we need, winning the ball back and setting up play, he thrives from having responsibility, if we get an ageing cdm he could learn but he won't be playing as much as he needs to, we have bielik for the future, with diaby,arteta and flamini leaving soon we should get a versatile CM who can play holding and has height for corners so scheniderlin would be perfect. or perhaps chambers can develop to play cdm.

What are your thoughts on Jenkinson future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Coquelin is the new Makalele
    Coquelin's ball distribution has improved massively from his first match back at Arsenal. He has potential to be world class. We need to see how good he is against Bayern or Barca first before we can tell how good he really is.

ReputationRep:
    Coquelin strikes me as the type of guy that is understated but deadly. He would not hesitate to leave the studs in. Probably goes home and has a whole harem of *****es and underlings, and is a part time rapper who will release his first album as soon as he is retired. Some really rough and unpolished chip on the shoulder French mix about his struggles coming up through the rough banlieue of Parisian suburbs and landing on the kerb in Charlton. Basically he is a real scumbag, a really bottom feeder scumbag, but he is our scumbag.

It's Coquelin in that video: "Qui Peut me Stopper?" "Who can stop me?" "Number 34... *****es"

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha Szc is so weird when it comes to Lewa, like they play together in the national team and are bff's but szc just loves the guy.

Tbh I could see a transfer happening, there's a lot of central European/ German speaking players in our squad I don't think there'd be an issue with him settling in
    We have quite a few Germans in our squad so attracting them is not much of a problem.
    I think he would probably choose Arsenal if he was to move to England cos European players admire Wenger a lot. Ozil came here cos he loved Wenger's style.
    We could do with one more South American too cos the best attackers are from there- Sanchez, Suarez, Messi, Aguero, James etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    For coquelin to be world class all he has to do is to have consistency, he already does what we need, winning the ball back and setting up play, he thrives from having responsibility, if we get an ageing cdm he could learn but he won't be playing as much as he needs to, we have bielik for the future, with diaby,arteta and flamini leaving soon we should get a versatile CM who can play holding and has height for corners so scheniderlin would be perfect. or perhaps chambers can develop to play cdm.

What are your thoughts on Jenkinson future?
    I agree with pretty much all of what you've said, if we need a versatile cm then surely Khedira is a better option in terms of experience than Sneiderlain (although he is an injury issue). I can't decide on Sneiderlain ATM, I'm cautious of signing current soton players due to Liverpool struggling to get them to perform for most of this season and Shaw hasn't set the world alight.

Geez I forgot about Diaby in my list of dead wood. Poor guy

I think there's a future for Jenko the issue is we'd have 3/4 decent rb's competition would be tough. I'd rather we loaned out Bellerin next year and had a similar set up with Debuchy and Jenk as we do with Gibbs and Monreal where there's no specific starter and they compete for their place, it's certainly benefitted both of them this year. We should focus on having Chambers as a CB, right now he isn't a solid rb and I don't see him as a cdm personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    We have quite a few Germans in our squad so attracting them is not much of a problem.
    I think he would probably choose Arsenal if he was to move to England cos European players admire Wenger a lot. Ozil came here cos he loved Wenger's style.
    We could do with one more South American too cos the best attackers are from there- Sanchez, Suarez, Messi, Aguero, James etc.
    I like what we're doing with the squad ATM, we have a good mix of core nationalities, German Spanish and English speakers and a couple of French players too.

You forgot Costa on the south american striker list, man is born and bred Brazilian no matter what colour national shirt he wears

ReputationRep:
    I just hope Wenger is sensible when arteta flam and wilshere completely return. All of them have lost their starting XI positions IMO I'd be pissed to see any of them start over coq Rambo and ozil

ReputationRep:
    Khedira is a inferior ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Khedira is a inferior ****.
    Your grammar is AN inferior ****

ReputationRep:
    Your grammar is AN inferior ****

ReputationRep:
    I just hope Wenger is sensible when arteta flam and wilshere completely return. All of them have lost their starting XI positions IMO I'd be pissed to see any of them start over coq Rambo and ozil
    No one will start over coq. Wilshere will have to fight with Ramsey and Cazorla for starting CM. Flam is like our 2nd or 3rd CDM back up now.

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean that we don't need to invest in a CDM?

I still reckon we need Schniederlin. It's been said here before but Coq is more of a Flamini replacement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We deffo need another CDM, Vidal/Motta spring to mind if we don't get Schneiderlin. Kheidira moving to Schalke I heard.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.