Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Everything escalated last night.. Something happened that has never happened before because of it and luckily i don't think my parents know.
    Remember what I said - you can PM me if that would help? Sometimes slow to reply but I'll always reply, even if it's just to tell you that I'm too psychotic to reply properly

(Original post by Pathway)
    Cabt do this
    Please stay safe, hun
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Remember what I said - you can PM me if that would help? Sometimes slow to reply but I'll always reply, even if it's just to tell you that I'm too psychotic to reply properly
    I think i might take you up on that - 'cause i honestly think it might help :hugs:

Cabt do this
    :hugs: Always here if you need someone to talk to
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think i might take you up on that - 'cause i honestly think it might help :hugs:
    In that case, PM away!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    only just come online so sorry to anyone I worried. last night didn't end well and am not ok/well/coherent/with it. not sure how much or little I will be online in near future just to let people know
    Sorry it didn't end well Always here if you want to talk :console:

Cabt do this
    :jumphug:

:hugs: I think that everything will hopefully be better tomorrow, and thats good 'cause I'm ready for these feelings to go away. Even though, i honestly don't know when they will and its seriously annoying me.
    Hopefully they will! Yeah, feelings can be horrible Hopefully they do soon :hugs:

---------
    Trying so hard not to dissociate and just blehh, is hard

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether what I get is technically dissociation, but basically I feel very cut off from everything and everything around me either seems very real, or very fake. And like I know where I am going or that something has happened in X place, or that I lived in Oxford for three years, but I can't remember it, if that makes any sense? That's what I mean when I say I've dissociated...

I'm sure you can explain to the practice manager. They must know that it's hard for people with mental health difficulties to remember/show up to appointments :dontknow:
    ive no idea what what I was feeling was. I still feel a bit spacey and floaty, like im sort of detached from my body if that makes sense? My flatmate asked if Id taken something :lol:

I hope so this is the best doctors ive had in my uni city, I don't want to have to find a new one or go back to my old place I'll phone tomorrow and hope they take pity on me :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    ive no idea what what I was feeling was. I still feel a bit spacey and floaty, like im sort of detached from my body if that makes sense? My flatmate asked if Id taken something :lol:

I hope so this is the best doctors ive had in my uni city, I don't want to have to find a new one or go back to my old place I'll phone tomorrow and hope they take pity on me :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They might not be open due to the Bank Holiday? I don't think my GP's surgery is open, or my mental health hospital...

Yeah that does sound like it could be what I call dissociation, tbh. I'm sorry you experienced it

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of struggling to deal with exam stress at the moment. I'm trying to relax, but I can't stop thinking about my exams, how close they are and the possibility of failing. Ugh, I wish I didn't stress so much about everything.

ReputationRep:

Please stay safe, hun
    trying just feels immpossibl e :cry:

:hugs: Always here if you need someone to talk to
    thanky ou but dont want to be a burden

(Original post by furryface12)
    Sorry it didn't end well Always here if you want to talk :console:

:jumphug:

Hopefully they will! Yeah, feelings can be horrible Hopefully they do soon :hugs:

---------
    Trying so hard not to dissociate and just blehh, is hard
    :hugs:

-----------------

hope you're all ok sorry everyoen :cry:

ReputationRep:
    They might not be open due to the Bank Holiday? I don't think my GP's surgery is open, or my mental health hospital...

Yeah that does sound like it could be what I call dissociation, tbh. I'm sorry you experienced it
    oh yeah I never thought of that I'll call in the morning and see, if not I'll need to remember on Monday. At least I'll get a bonus bank holiday pay tomorrow at work

It's probably because my anxiety was really bad today, there's so much happening in the next month or so and it just overwhelmed me today :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BethFirmin)
    I'm kind of struggling to deal with exam stress at the moment. I'm trying to relax, but I can't stop thinking about my exams, how close they are and the possibility of failing. Ugh, I wish I didn't stress so much about everything.
    Hello Not sure I've seen you about here! (Apologies if I have - I have the memory of a goldfish! ) I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

:hi:

Do you have any breathing exercises or have you tried mindfulness?

trying just feels immpossibl e :cry:
    You can PM/text me. I'll be going to bed in a little bit though - not fit enough to stay up all night (which I never do now anyway)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    oh yeah I never thought of that I'll call in the morning and see, if not I'll need to remember on Monday. At least I'll get a bonus bank holiday pay tomorrow at work

It's probably because my anxiety was really bad today, there's so much happening in the next month or so and it just overwhelmed me today :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Monday's a bank holiday too, I think :ninja: Yay for bonus pay though

Huge hugs. I'm not the go-to or best person for anxiety matters but you can always drop me a PM if you wanna chat

ReputationRep:
    Hello Not sure I've seen you about here! (Apologies if I have - I have the memory of a goldfish! ) I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

:hi:

Do you have any breathing exercises or have you tried mindfulness?
    Hey and yeah, this is my first time here. I haven't, but I'll try it. Thanks for the advice.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

thanky ou but dont want to be a burden

:hugs:
    You're not a burden :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Monday's a bank holiday too, I think :ninja: Yay for bonus pay though

Huge hugs. I'm not the go-to or best person for anxiety matters but you can always drop me a PM if you wanna chat
    not in scotland :nah: no idea why but we don't get Monday as a bank holiday :sadnod:

:lovehug: thanks lovely, I wouldn't want to bother you with my stuff though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hey and yeah, this is my first time here. I haven't, but I'll try it. Thanks for the advice.
    I'm useless with breathing exercises but I think most people find them effective. Trying breathing in for 5 counts and then breathing out for 7. Repeat until you feel yourself calming down

not in scotland :nah: no idea why but we don't get Monday as a bank holiday :sadnod:

:lovehug: thanks lovely, I wouldn't want to bother you with my stuff though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek: No Bank Holiday Monday?!! :headfire: Silly Scotland! :shakecane:

:ninja:

Wouldn't be bothering me at all. I am going to sleep soon but you can drop me a PM if you like and I'll reply when I can

ReputationRep:
    I'm useless with breathing exercises but I think most people find them effective. Trying breathing in for 5 counts and then breathing out for 7. Repeat until you feel yourself calming down
    Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks.
    No worries

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have gmail? There's a calendar on it which I find really, really useful. You can mark appointments in it and then have google text/email you a reminder for whatever frame of time before that you want.

ReputationRep:
    You're not a burden :hugs:
    just feel so bad :cry: dont even knwo what id say thank you though
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    just feel so bad :cry: dont even knwo what id say thank you though
    You can just PM me all your thoughts if it would feel better to just let them all out? :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.