Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie123)
    Hello, well done to everyone on their results!

I just sat my UKCAT today and got 770 average.
    VR: 610
    QR: 800
    AR: 900
    Band 2

I used UKCAT Ninja, Medify and the Offical UKCAT practice questions and tests.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    amazing score! How long did you spend revising for ukcat like how many hours a day and for how many days?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Guys my ukcat was on 15th September but I'm considering moving it back another week to the 22nd? Is this a good idea or not it's just I have work, and college starting on the 12th so 😭😭 I'm getting stressed about getting all the mocks done and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say not to push it back, only because you're just going to stress yourself out so much (like I did), how much revision have you done? I think if you've done roughly 2 weeks revision or 30 ish hours then you're fine to complete the exam. As for work wise, could you take time off work? And college, well I came back to school on the 5th and my exam was on the 8th, but even though I was given loads of work to do I ignored it until I completed the exam and then played the "catch up game"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where could you apply with a 645 average UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE... who has sat the test... I use my finger as a keyword scanner on the screen for the VR...is this fine to do on the test???

ReputationRep:
    I got 646 average and band 3 in sjt. do you think that is good enough for Bart to study medicine
    gutted about band 3 in sjt. I have got band 2 in practice tests but sadly not on the day.
    AS result are 3a and b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    I got 646 average and band 3 in sjt. do you think that is good enough for Bart to study medicine
    gutted about band 3 in sjt. I have got band 2 in practice tests but sadly not on the day.
    AS result are 3a and b
    for undergrad it is a decent result... I think someone mentioned that with 625 they got into parts, but must have had a solid UCAS Tariff.

How did you find it overall? VR IS MY ENEMEY!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...;[url="tel:67506970")
    67506970[/url]]I got 646 average and band 3 in sjt. do you think that is good enough for Bart to study medicine
    AS result are 3a and b
    Im on the same boat as you but my average was 590
    (Got band 3 in SJ and AAAB in AS too)

I wouldn't bother applying to Barts because I went to an open day and the lady said you have to score above the average. The average from last year was from about 650-680.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful;[url="tel:67506380")
    67506380[/url]]Where could you apply with a 645 average UKCAT?

Well you scored just below the average so I would say apply to uni's who aren't so heavy on the ukcat: liverpool, east anglia, leeds... (And nottingham, i think!)

ReputationRep:
    Is 660 average good enough for Barts/KCL?
    I'm probably be predicted A*A*AA...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Is 660 average good enough for Barts/KCL?
    I'm probably be predicted A*A*AA...
    Thanks
    With that tariff ... i do not see why not? well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar3007)
    Thanks for replying! Congrats on your actual score btw - it was amazing.
    How many mocks did you do in total?
    About 10 I think, just any mock I could get my hands on. Ukcat ninja, Medify, Official etc.

Thank you, good luck with your test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    amazing score! How long did you spend revising for ukcat like how many hours a day and for how many days?*
    Thank you! About 2 to 3 hours for the first initial days of the first week and slowly increased hours depending on my strengths and timetable Approx. 2 weeks I think.

ReputationRep:
    Does any know which unis look at high ukcat scores when selecting for interviews??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    Hey a couple of questions,

-I just completed medify mock 1 and achieved an average score of 720, how similar is this mock to the real thing?

-Also this is probably a stupid question lol, but are people actually answering any of the questions in the decision making section? I know that it's not getting marked so I'm planning on completely skipping it, but I was just curious as to whether or not people were answering the questions...
    I found the medify mock pretty similar, the format was identical and the questions were even easier in the real thing!
    I completely missed out the decision analysis since it didn't count and I actually found it the hardest questions in the first medify mock, just keep going onto the 'next question' and use a few minutes to relax before going onto qr. Also on your actual set on results it doesn't get printed so regardless of how well you do you won't know the score x

ReputationRep:
    What range would you class as a good UKCAT Score?

I got 650 VR,
    740 QR
    650 AR
    Band 3

is that good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitofAFangirl)
    I found the medify mock pretty similar, the format was identical and the questions were even easier in the real thing!
    I completely missed out the decision analysis since it didn't count and I actually found it the hardest questions in the first medify mock, just keep going onto the 'next question' and use a few minutes to relax before going onto qr. Also on your actual set on results it doesn't get printed so regardless of how well you do you won't know the score x
    they don't give you the score in the actual test?! What do they give you !? :-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie123)
    About 10 I think, just any mock I could get my hands on. Ukcat ninja, Medify, Official etc.

Thank you, good luck with your test!
    Thank you :-))) last question, sorry! Did you finish in time in QR or before time or did have to leave some questions out ?

ReputationRep:
    my medify mocks haven't been going so well, averaging about mid 600's overall :/ (and thats when I think the sections are relatively easy, it's just that I end up guessing most of my Qs for VR and QR). Would the actual thing be more like the practice Q's and mocks on the ukcat website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miri123456)
    my medify mocks haven't been going so well, averaging about mid 600's overall :/ (and thats when I think the sections are relatively easy, it's just that I end up guessing most of my Qs for VR and QR). Would the actual thing be more like the practice Q's and mocks on the ukcat website?
    The real exam is quite similar to medify, which should be easier than the online ukcat mocks. Have you tried the 1000Q or 600Q UKCAT book? Those questions are the most difficult ones to complete, but the actual exam will never be that difficult, and often you will have time to complete 80-90% of the questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_Ayres13)
    What range would you class as a good UKCAT Score?

I got 650 VR,
    740 QR
    650 AR
    Band 3

is that good?
    VR is very good because verbal is quite often the most difficult! (As it was for me) QR and AR are also quite good since your average is 683, however SJ I'm not so sure about, most candidates get Band 2 or above I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.