Tips for career fairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotTamale)
    Tips for career fairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don´t waste your time in them

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got gleacher shacklock interview on the 2nd of november?

I feel like im only person thats applied there -.-. Is the firm really that bad or what?

ReputationRep:
    Hsbc am ft ac

ReputationRep:
    nevermind got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    don´t waste your time in them
    wrong advice kiddo esp for big formal firms such as JPM/CITI
    (Original post by gman888)
    Anyone else got gleacher shacklock interview on the 2nd of november?

I feel like im only person thats applied there -.-. Is the firm really that bad or what?
    gleacher is good. but the nazi freshminds dinged my sorry ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savonarollla)

lol, come down and let´s see your "grown up" CV. Otherwise just *******ing as per your usual

ReputationRep:

Yh but swear u got citi offer lol.. Ur sorted. Btw did you apply to hsbc for markets, Have u heard back from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    lol, come down and let´s see your "grown up" CV. Otherwise just *******ing as per your usual
    If you can make a good impression, they remember your name and you follow up with them after the fair it can actually be beneficial. If you just stroll around and ask a few *****y questions then it's useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    If you can make a good impression, they remember your name and you follow up with them after the fair it can actually be beneficial. If you just stroll around and ask a few *****y questions then it's useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are you talking about careers fair? an event with thousands of people all dying to make a good impression? You must live in a parallel world.

Networking events and workshops are definitely great opportunities to do that, but a careers fair, no way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    are you talking about careers fair? an event with thousands of people all dying to make a good impression? You must live in a parallel world.

Networking events and workshops are definitely great opportunities to do that, but a careers fair, no way.
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    I missed a call on tuesday from a bank and accidentally deleted the voicemail before listening to it ...........~Anyone had a phone call from 02074258202 (I'm pretty sure its Morgan Stanley but wanted to know if it was s&t HR or ibd HR)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)

still bolox buddy. let's answer for anyone else interested in this since i'm in a good mood today.
    Some banks (JPM/CITI) have formal processes involving career fairs which they use to screen for interviews. it's an interesting way of putting yourself up there and giving it a shot which goes beyond your resume. yeah there will be hundreds of people maybe even thousands but GS received 80k apps for the summer internship so that's the usual volume.
    be smart, any opportunity where you get to meet these folks is worth gold. this **** requires nothing less than your best effort. only diversity hires, lucky kids and high social capital folks can enjoy a smoother ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    I missed a call on tuesday from a bank and accidentally deleted the voicemail before listening to it ...........~Anyone had a phone call from 02074258202 (I'm pretty sure its Morgan Stanley but wanted to know if it was s&t HR or ibd HR)
    not the usual ibd number

ReputationRep:
    not the usual ibd number
    yeah I have a feeling it could be a desk number but idk

ReputationRep:
    how long do barclays take to get back to you after tel interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Sometimes if you Google the phone number it says what it is or you could call Canary Wharf reception (or a friend who works there) and ask them to search the number in the Directory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those who had first round with Freshminds for Gleacher, have you heard back and if so, when?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if its a normal DB procedure that if you get an invite to the final round, an analyst you don't know reaches out to you asking you to feel free to ask any questions?

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone get an invite to the logical reasoning after the numerical for nomura?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.