Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    For maths I resat C1 externally, will the new result be shown on the results at school?
    Also, I definitely got lower on one of my economic modules that I resat this year, will the new UMS be shown on the results sheet even if it's lower?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.whatuni.com/advice/sixth...ultsday2016_FB

^^ I am number 6. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    All those got unconditional offers from UOB:

My friend got AABU (AS) - (anthropology)

Another one - ACC (AS) English Lit)

And another one ...ABBC (AS) (Philosophy)

Me - AAAA (AS) - French Studies and Linguistics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Arghh I just saw that the Admissions Assistant posted on the fb group for my firm uni.

She's probably seen my result and put it through to UCAS

I'm *****ing myself
    Ahh you waiting on Newnham by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    That could mean you're in
    Doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Ok...so, I came to the conclusion that I have missed my Oxford offer (I'm way off the A boundary for two subjects).

And...Ill be reapplying cause my insurance sucks ass 😩😩😩😩.

Any support is welcomed. Thank you.
    Boundaries aren't published??
    And what subjects?

(Original post by -jordan-)
    My head of year submitted my application and she asked me what predicted grades I wanted to enter... I could have said anything!
    Should've put in A*A*A* and I applied for the very top courses!

(Original post by Qrstuv)
    Ahh you waiting on Newnham by any chance?
    Yes! You too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    Boundaries aren't published??
    And what subjects?
    I looked at the grade boundaries for the last 3 years.

English Language, Philosophy, French, Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me out

if i ring up my insurance tomorrow and ask them to reject me so i can be in clearing if i don't meet my firm offer then do you think they'll sort it in time for results day ? I've been thinking long and hard and I'd rather go to another uni through clearing and I have about 3 in mind that i will be ringing up....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Ok...so, I came to the conclusion that I have missed my Oxford offer (I'm way off the A boundary for two subjects).

And...Ill be reapplying cause my insurance sucks ass 😩😩😩😩.

Any support is welcomed. Thank you.
    What course did you apply for? What grades did you need?

I keep logging onto Track/college online portal thinking there may be an early change or release of results :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    can someone help me out

if i ring up my insurance tomorrow and ask them to reject me so i can be in clearing if i don't meet my firm offer then do you think they'll sort it in time for results day ? I've been thinking long and hard and I'd rather go to another uni through clearing and I have about 3 in mind that i will be ringing up....
    They should definitely have time, they'll just put it in your responce that they have rejected you.

ReputationRep:
    What I want to be: 1
    What I'll probably end up being: 2

I'm really concerned as to what everybody else has got, and theres a good chance I wont see a lot of people again, so I'll try and talk to everyone but idk how to do that without sounding boastful (I'm 100% sure I've got an A* and 50% sure my other two are A*A, according to unofficial markschemes).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    They should definitely have time, they'll just put it in your responce that they have rejected you.
    ah hope so as I now want to go to york even tho i had an offer before and rejected it lmao... i am dumb

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me out

Ring them and ask if they can release you on results day as that's what you want. I have heard that it can take them weeks to do so and that could lead to nearly all places in clearing being taken. If you're very lucky then it'll be prompt on results day. Hey but then again who knows? Your firm could confirm your place. I wish you luck.

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me out

You can try but be prepared for them to tell you to bog off until Thursday. They've got a lot to do this week and people who have changed their mind (who don't even know if they have the grades for their firm yet) will now be very low priority.

Also bear in mind that you're signing up to a much more stressful August/September if you opt for clearing over Manchester. Most places won't offer accommodation for clearing students so you're committing to house hunting (and possibly spending first year in a shared house) over a guaranteed room in hall at Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    ah hope so as I now want to go to york even tho i had an offer before and rejected it lmao... i am dumb
    You used to have an offer from York?
    Well odds are they haven't already updated your track so they just have to say no although obviously it is risky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)

Yes! You too??
    Yeahh absolutely bricking it now results are so close!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    Ring them and ask if they can release you on results day as that's what you want. I have heard that it can take them weeks to do so and that could lead to nearly all places in clearing being taken. If you're very lucky then it'll be prompt on results day. Hey but then again who knows? Your firm could confirm your place. I wish you luck.
    if my firm lets me in then all this worry would've been for nothing and I can look back and laugh but something tells me I will hate my insurance given i want a campus uni and the thought of living in a big city kinda terrifies me ahhh

(Original post by Qrstuv)
    Yeahh absolutely bricking it now results are so close!!
    which course and what's your offer?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.