Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    They have their own collections of hadith which are solely based on narrations attributed to their Imams and the Ahlul Bayt, because they believe most of the companions were either heretics or apostatised after the death of the Prophet.
    That's why they're referred to as raafidah.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    They have their own collections of hadith which are solely based on narrations attributed to their Imams and the Ahlul Bayt, because they believe most of the companions were either heretics or apostatised after the death of the Prophet.
    I think most people would know I disagree with Shi'ism, but for the sake of being intellectually honest, strickly speaking this isn't the whole truth - they have some hadith narrated by other than the Ahlul Bayt, and they do consider some Sahabah to be of the "Shia of Ali", therefore they narrate from them. What is true though is that many hadith chains stop at their Imams, and they make the jump to assume there is a golden chain back to the Prophet (SAW), from my understanding.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Leukocyte)
    I've only been to Afg once, only spent 2 weeks there and 1 week in Pakistan.
    Every week!? :indiff: Tbh, you're v lucky, I would have enjoyed eating food like that every week :colondollar:
    I have only been back twice and my sis like several times 😐
    Omd though only 2 weeks like how??? I swear 2 weeks went by so quick just by visiting others or them visiting us 😫
    Haha yeah idk it was just that year...crazy.
    I did but it was effort going every week lol. Like I even missed 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    I think most people would know I disagree with Shi'ism, but for the sake of being intellectually honest, strickly speaking this isn't the whole truth - they have some hadith narrated by other than the Ahlul Bayt, and they do consider some Sahabah to be of the "Shia of Ali", therefore they narrate from them. What is true though is that many hadith chains stop at their Imams, and they make the jump to assume there is a golden chain back to the Prophet (SAW), from my understanding.
    Well, a narration is only considered a hadith in Shia rijal if it’s narrated by an infallible (or a ma’sum). Anything narrated by a companion (that they consider to be 'Shia of Ali') does not hold the same weight and is consequently termed an athar, or more specifically, muwaththaq (dependable) which is one level above daef according to their classification system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Speaking of salah, what's the most awkward place you guys have prayed in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A mosque in pakistan the old man had a go at me lol. I was wearing 3/4 shorts in which my knees were covered. He didn't like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Illumination of the Heart

“Worship and obedience illuminate the heart and make it strong and steadfast, until it becomes like a clear mirror, shining with light.

When Shaytaan draws close, he is struck by its light like those who try to eavesdrop [in the heavens] are struck by the shooting stars, and Shaytaan flees from this heart with more terror than a wolf fleeing from a lion. “

-Ibn Al-Qayyim-

ReputationRep:
    You sold the most precious item for the cheapest price

“Get yourself out of this limited world of diseases to the wide world of the hereafter, which has what the eyes have never seen. Nothing is impossible there, and love is not lost.

O you who sold yourself for the sake of something that will cause you suffering and pain, and which will also lose its beauty, you sold the most precious item for the cheapest price, as if you neither knew the value of the goods nor the meanness of the price.

Wait until you come on the Day of mutual loss and gain and you will discover the injustice of this contract.

“There is no God but Allah” is something that Allah is buying. Its price is Paradise, and the Messenger is its agent, and you will be pleased to part with a small part of this worldly life to obtain it.

The part you lose is a small part of something that as a whole is not worth a mosquito’s wing.”

-Ibn Al-Qayyim al Jawziyyah-

ReputationRep:
    Love of Allah

“It is a stage that all of those who are striving and competing are competing for it and it is a kind of life that if you are missing it you are one of the dead.

It is a light that if you are without it you are in and ocean of darkness. It is a medicine or cure that if you are without it, your heart becomes a place of sicknesses.

It is a sweetness or pleasure that if you are without it, life becomes a thing of worries and of pain.”

-Ibn Al-Qayyim-

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    A mosque in pakistan the old man had a go at me lol. I was wearing 3/4 shorts in which my knees were covered. He didn't like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaikum!
    Was so surprised to see this thread here
    I am a possible international student from Lebanon and was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on unis? I'm not sure if I should come to the UK or go somewhere else
    Also any Lebanese people here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyrouthi)
    Assalamualaikum!
    Was so surprised to see this thread here
    I am a possible international student from Lebanon and was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on unis? I'm not sure if I should come to the UK or go somewhere else
    Also any Lebanese people here?
    What do you wish to study?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    May Allah reward the bro for all his work. From his fb acc:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I know you feel sad sometimes. I know you feel heartbroken with the situation in Syria. Remember this well..you might not be able to change the world at once BUT you can change one life at a time. To the world, everyone said it was OK for children to die. To us, we believed they didn't! The children and I remain together after 3 years but now in our own village for orphans inside Syria Alhamdulilah. #GoodnessPrevails
    Spoiler:
    Show

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.