• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I was so disappointed with it :sigh:. Some of it just seemed pointless.

ReputationRep:
    That was a good episode . What happened to the master? He just sort of walked out and then we didn't hear anything else from him. Or did i miss something.

ReputationRep:
    He got sucked into the time warp or something along with the other timelords....

ReputationRep:
    Did he die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealityIsDull)
    his mother?
    that's what i thought.....

and the other woman that flashed on the TV was Donna

ReputationRep:
    Alonsi Alonso!

ReputationRep:
    Matt seems to be playing the Doctor a lot like DT. The episode also wasn't that great. Next series should be good with Moffat writting

ReputationRep:
    I thought i saw him run off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Seemed a bit over the top blowing the Tardis up.... (Edit: Considering it has had a few regenerations inside it in the past, don't see why this is different? And I thought the Tardis was meant to be nigh on indestructible)
    True dat; but, I'm guessing they blew up the TARDIS to explain why the next Doctor's Tardis isn't going to be all brown and bobbly. I'm sure I read somewhere that they've redesigned it inside, and they're putting the SJA logo back on the outside (which was apparently there in the very first series?)

Still, good episode. I'd like to give myself a pat on the back for guessing that Timothy Dalton was indeed playing Rassilon and not just any old Lord President; however, I'm still not amused that they didn't explain who "the Woman" was (though I am sticking with The Rani, since she has a shocking resemblance to Kate O'Mara...)

And as an extra plus, we stopped watching, and my dad went to go for a shower, and there's a good few inches of snow outside. Thankyou, Doctor :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: pissed off with the new fugly manwhore. :bawling: why did David tennant have to leave?

ReputationRep:
    Nice and convenient Tennant took a while to die, eh.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't so much a plot-driven episode, rather a goodbye to David Tenant.

Thought He and Wilfred had some really good scenes though. Actual plot + surrounding events just seemed completely arbitrary (wtf was the point of those cactus people?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the old woman was his mother.

The moment I heard Dalton talk about the four beats and the schism, it just clicked in my head "RASSILON! :snow::snow::snow::snow:!"

And as soon as The Doctor saw the Woman in White it also clicked it was his mother.

Although, pure cheese with the revisitng the companions.

The final two specials just seemed like they wasted it. Like they were completely pointless. Once again nothing has changed in the world of Doctor Who - we're basically still where we were in 2005! Just two doctors on ...

From that short section of Smith, I actually don't find him that bad Remember that's written by RTD so he'll probably have better material than the typical "New hair new hands not ginger" thing XD

ReputationRep:
    I do not like the new guy, that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: pissed off with the new fugly manwhore. :bawling: why did David tennant have to leave?
    yeah omg when tennant was like "i dont want to go" i was thinking "PLEASE DONT, WE ALL LOVE YOU!"
    maybe matt smith'll be ok
    i nearly cried in the last bit tho,

I'm going to miss David Tennant. :sad:

But I really hope that Matt Smith does not try to be like Tennant.

ReputationRep:
    It's tennants' end as the doctor, one of the most popular and well loved portrayals of the doctor EVER so of course he has to go out with a bang and a lot of explosions, it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I think blowing up the Tardis is meant to give them a new slate. :dontknow:
    Yer I new they were going to blow it up, as there was a new TARDIS on a castle somewhere. But a regeneration blowing it up seems a bit ridiculous!

(Original post by Sithius)
    I'm not judging his acting ability, I am judging his immediate mannerisms and it annoys me immensely lol. Hopefully he will grow in to the role and not come across as some CBBC/Blue Peter actor/idiot.

I am hoping the new Who will not be a giant 'smoochfest' though - that would ruin it until they killed him off.

-------------------

So can anyone confirm - the complete new Who series has been wiped and we are starting with a blank slate? Seems like a waste of the last few years in terms of a progressive story to be honest if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    I cried so much.
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with complete lack of sleep.
    I burst out crying as soon as he changed into the new doctor.
    They always start out too wacky.

Anyway, good episode. Even if I didn't understand 50% of the time-lord stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Nice and convenient Tennant took a while to die, eh.
    Overly sentimental tripe.

I was looking forward to the Time Lords return, but Russell T. Davis had to ruin that too.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.