Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Djourou and Squillaci should be ok. It's when Squillaci and Koc play together that worries me.

(Original post by Skaiyote)
      Djourou and Squillaci should be ok. It's when Squillaci and Koc play together that worries me.
      Maybe it's all Koscielny's fault, maybe he's just too damn impressionable. :holmes:

(Original post by Overmars)
      I'd put Arshavin up top
      I dunno, I've always seen Arshavin being more suited to a support striker or a trequartista role; that's where I think his sort of creativity would be better employed. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      If I was in charge, I'd put Arshavin up top and leave Walcott on the wing. This team needs a creative forward which it lacks when Van Persie is not on the pitch. Using Arshavin as a striker has been wrongly criticised. It was working quite well last year...Arshavin scored a brilliant winner at Anfield in one of the few games he did have in that role. Any loose ball that falls in and around the area, with Arshavin finding some good form, you want the fat ******* on the end of it.
      Hell he scored against Stoke last season didn't he? Ran through one of their giant CBs legs I recall.

ReputationRep:
      RvP :cry2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by voodoomagic)
      Hell he scored against Stoke last season didn't he? Ran through one of their giant CBs legs I recall.
      That, I can't remember (even though I think I might've been at the game). But yes, he is a top finisher. Even against Orient, he was unlucky with that shot that hit the post but it was a great strike. What's encouraging is that he is making the effort tracking back now -- he's clearly looking to get back into the first team and start the big games.

He's gifted enough to do a good job playing in any position but since he's a great finisher, I would be more comfortable with him playing upfront rather than Bendtner or Chamakh -- aerial ability is important but I'm sure with a strong midfield we'd make sure he sees plenty of the ball.

For someone who is judged to have had a poor season (and I think he has had a poor season), Arshavin averages the highest goals+assists in the league. He might be irritating but he's all about getting results.

ReputationRep:
      Play Chamakh at centre-back ffs, anything but Squillaci vs Carew. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
      Just whack Miguel in with Djourou, Squillaci is GUARANTEED to make at least 2 mistakes its just a matter of luck if we get away with them.

ReputationRep:
      That, I can't remember (even though I think I might've been at the game). But yes, he is a top finisher. Even against Orient, he was unlucky with that shot that hit the post but it was a great strike. What's encouraging is that he is making the effort tracking back now -- he's clearly looking to get back into the first team and start the big games.

He's gifted enough to do a good job playing in any position but since he's a great finisher, I would be more comfortable with him playing upfront rather than Bendtner or Chamakh -- aerial ability is important but I'm sure with a strong midfield we'd make sure he sees plenty of the ball.

For someone who is judged to have had a poor season (and I think he has had a poor season), Arshavin averages the highest goals+assists in the league. He might be irritating but he's all about getting results.
      That's the thing, even when he's not been his best he's never shied away from wanting the ball and trying to create. Not as much has come off as has done in the past but like you say statistically he's been prolific.

ReputationRep:
      Xavi to miss 7-10 days with injured leg

will he be 100% at camp nou?

ReputationRep:
      That still gives him a week of full training before the 2nd leg.....

ReputationRep:
      Let's hope not.

ReputationRep:
      haha wtf?

NSFW
      Spoiler:
      Show

looks like the one of keown

ReputationRep:
      I hope this RVP thing doesn't turn out to be to serious. I duno why though, I have a sneaky suspicion that they are not injured, and that if need be, they could have played. But alas this is Stoke, and it thus gives Arsene a chance to play taller players without having to drop Van Persie and thus be derided for straying from his philosophy

ReputationRep:
      And doesn't anyone find it annoying that just a couple of weeks ago Redknapp was coming out with some tosh that Spurs are rightly challenging for the title, whereas now hes coming out along the lines of oh, if we get 4th place its a bonus.

What a twit

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PlasticBag)
      And doesn't anyone find it annoying that just a couple of weeks ago Redknapp was coming out with some tosh that Spurs are rightly challenging for the title, whereas now hes coming out along the lines of oh, if we get 4th place its a bonus.

What a twit
      He's taking the pressure off his team, hardly makes him a twit, even if you are a biased Arsenal fan.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevmeister)
      He's taking the pressure off his team, hardly makes him a twit, even if you are a biased Arsenal fan.
      Yes according to you and MasterMind/etc, every Arsenal fan is biased.

Too many annoying mancs in this thread. The funniest thing is, we hardly even wum in the United soc.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T.Adams VI)
      Yes according to you and MasterMind/etc, every Arsenal fan is biased.

Too many annoying mancs in this thread. The funniest thing is, we hardly even wum in the United soc.
      Every Arsenal fan is biased when it comes to Spurs.... last time I checked Redknapp was the Spurs manager, and the poster I replied to was talking about him......

I'm not even WUMming, ffs. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevmeister)
      Every Arsenal fan is biased when it comes to Spurs.... last time I checked Redknapp was the Spurs manager, and the poster I replied to was talking about him......

I'm not even WUMming, ffs. Idiot.
      But Redknapp is a twit though. (and that's not really being biased either)

ReputationRep:
      Whatever is discussed in this thread is between arsenal fans. If you dont like something that has been posted either get over it or discuss it in you teams thread.

And everything about redknapp screams 2nd class, and that includes the team he manages

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by HannanB)
      Whatever is discussed in this thread is between arsenal fans. If you dont like something that has been posted either get over it or discuss it in you teams thread.

And everything about redknapp screams 2nd class, and that includes the team he manages
      :no:

What you've described is the Arsenal forum, on the Arsenal site. On here the Arsenal thread is to talk about anything Arsenal related, the poster is completely irrelevant.

The "GTFO" attitude towards other fans on most of the socs is a bit depressing really.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.