Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get a gp appointment and have been given a prescription for sertaline, anyone have any experience with it? Think I'm going to start taking it tomorrow morning but I need to be able to coach trampolining tomorrow evening and I'm not sure how the side effects will be given that for a couple of days afyer I started citalopram I felt really sick:/ only other option would be to wait a week so I have a few days off to get used to it, would rather not wait a week though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by VaVe)
    Managed to get a gp appointment and have been given a prescription for sertaline, anyone have any experience with it? Think I'm going to start taking it tomorrow morning but I need to be able to coach trampolining tomorrow evening and I'm not sure how the side effects will be given that for a couple of days afyer I started citalopram I felt really sick:/ only other option would be to wait a week so I have a few days off to get used to it, would rather not wait a week though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sertraline made me a little dizzy for a couple of weeks but I know that others have had it without any trouble at all. It really helped for a while too but then the effects lessened (or I got more depressed) and was switched to mirtazapine instead.

Coming off it was horrific for me though and I pretty much locked myself in a room for a couple of weeks because I felt like death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    About to see my care co-ordinator praying I don't get admitted.
    Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    So many bad feelings around my sister. She has an eating disorder which developed because of me and I noticed it quite early on and did nothing at all to to help so obviously so much guilt. Feel really sad for her cos she is obviously hurting lots and that makes me hurt, especially that I can't do anything to help. But then she is also an absolute nightmare to live with and is very unpleasant a lot of the time. I don't know whether it is ok to be angry with her cos I get that she is ill and lot's of her behavior is down to that but I don't think that mental illness is an excuse to be a ****. I don't know if that is fair or not. I know I try to not deliberately hurt anyone, but I do lot's of the time anyway cos I seem to have completely forgotten basic social conduct or am stupidly irritable or my thought processes are too warped so something I thought was fine to say actually isn't. So I should really be understanding but so much of what she says/does seems completely unreasonable to me. My parents are being very understanding of her and that makes me feel horrible cos it highlights how they are great people and so bad reaction towards my problems are because obviously my fault for being ill and my fault for what happened and im such a **** person. Should be happy that they are doing they're best for her and I am but am also really jealous and sad which is nasty. is just making it so obvious how horrible I am. first i get her ill and dont help, what kind of person even does that, and then am angry and hurt by her for being ill.

People say that mental illness has made them a better, more compassionate person, but I am so much worse. I hate hurting people yet I keep on doing it anyway. I want to be a good person and help and be kind and patient and not offend people accidentally all the time but I can't and am so selfish I don't even do anything about it. Should isolate myself properly and then should stop existing but I keep on inflicting myself and keep on living and im a ****ing nightmare. Im really sorry for just posting my own messy rant again and not ever replying to anyone else anymore. is very unfair and horrible of me I know. I really hope everyone is okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    So many bad feelings around my sister. She has an eating disorder which developed because of me and I noticed it quite early on and did nothing at all to to help so obviously so much guilt. Feel really sad for her cos she is obviously hurting lots and that makes me hurt, especially that I can't do anything to help. But then she is also an absolute nightmare to live with and is very unpleasant a lot of the time. I don't know whether it is ok to be angry with her cos I get that she is ill and lot's of her behavior is down to that but I don't think that mental illness is an excuse to be a ****. I don't know if that is fair or not. I know I try to not deliberately hurt anyone, but I do lot's of the time anyway cos I seem to have completely forgotten basic social conduct or am stupidly irritable or my thought processes are too warped so something I thought was fine to say actually isn't. So I should really be understanding but so much of what she says/does seems completely unreasonable to me. My parents are being very understanding of her and that makes me feel horrible cos it highlights how they are great people and so bad reaction towards my problems are because obviously my fault for being ill and my fault for what happened and im such a **** person. Should be happy that they are doing they're best for her and I am but am also really jealous and sad which is nasty. is just making it so obvious how horrible I am. first i get her ill and dont help, what kind of person even does that, and then am angry and hurt by her for being ill.

People say that mental illness has made them a better, more compassionate person, but I am so much worse. I hate hurting people yet I keep on doing it anyway. I want to be a good person and help and be kind and patient and not offend people accidentally all the time but I can't and am so selfish I don't even do anything about it. Should isolate myself properly and then should stop existing but I keep on inflicting myself and keep on living and im a ****ing nightmare. Im really sorry for just posting my own messy rant again and not ever replying to anyone else anymore. is very unfair and horrible of me I know. I really hope everyone is okay.
    I think a lot of us would be lying if we didn't say that while having suffered has benefited our personality in someway it also has it's negatives on it. For me those are a shorter fuse and just a lack of care sometimes.

My dad had terminal cancer and I happened to be very low already, some of the things I said and did I would not dream of doing when well. If you are working each other up it might be best for both of you if you try to keep out of her way for now, what kind of things is she doing?

ReputationRep:

Various points:
    - Possibly you influenced your sister partially, but you definitely won't be the only factor in her developing an eating disorder. You are not the only person in her life, there will have been other circumstances, role models, possibly even genetics involved.
    - You're having a tough time just looking after yourself, so it's not your job to be looking after her too. It's also very easy to say with hindsight that you should have done something, not so easy to realise it at the time.
    - Not all mental illness is the same. Just because you have one illness (or several like all the cool kids ), doesn't mean you necessarily have some massive insight into hers. Even the same illness can manifest itself in a hundred different ways.
    - Not all mentally ill people are wonderful. Your sister might well be both mentally ill, and a total ****head. It's not your fault, and there's not much you can do if that's the case.
    - Your mental illness is in no way your fault, and IMO your parents should be falling on their knees begging for you to forgive the way they've treated you.
    - You are a good person. Ask anyone in this society. Ask the owls you made me!
    - Once again, you're right to be putting yourself first. If it's too hard for you to answer other people's posts at the moment then that's fine, and it's nothing to feel guilty about. We all go through times when we just can't spare the time or energy for other people, everyone on here understands that and just looks forward to a time when you are feeling better.
    - You are awesome.

:jumphug: :jumphug:

Going to do what superwolf did and bullet point a response (my head's too fuzzy from head and exhaustion and flatness).

• It's not your fault that either she, or yourself, is ill. No way.
    • Regarding getting her help... It's hard to do something like that, and given that you've been ill yourself, it's going to have been even harder.
    • I think you're human for getting angry with her for being unpleasant to be honest... You're accepting that it's partially the mental illness, which it is I'm sure, but either way, it's going to be hard to live with, especially when you're struggling yourself. To be honest, I don't much like people using mental illness as treating others like crap - I've had bad experiences on this front - either. I try not to, but if I am irritable or snippy or whatever, I do tend to feel guilty and apologise.
    • You are not a **** person, and none of this is your fault. I'm sorry your parents haven't been more understanding towards you, that must be really hard. :jumphug:
    • As superwolf said, mental illness affects everyone differently, and I suspect to an extent, people who say they've become more compassionate or whatever say that when they've recovered (I have no idea, but I imagine it would be easier after you've recovered)... You're obviously still ill, and that, aside from anything else, for a lot of people, makes their self-perception so much worse (hence why several people try and tell me I'm amazing when I hate myself...). I do not for one second believe you are selfish, and you've been really nice and supportive in PMs to me, and I like receiving them, so you do help others! You're not a bad person, honestly, you're just someone going through a really **** time, and that makes everything so much harder.

I'm always at the end of a PM if you need me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    PRSOM. Getting out of bed is definitely overrated. :yep: Except at the moment it's too hot and humid and yuck to always stay in bed comfortably. :mad: (I like to be under my nice heavy thick duvet... Thankfully it's not that hot at nights!)
    Was woken up this morning by a man with a circular saw at 8am, not happy. Had to close window and boil under the sheets instead :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I hate life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    I hate life
    Wanna talk about it? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Sertraline made me a little dizzy for a couple of weeks but I know that others have had it without any trouble at all. It really helped for a while too but then the effects lessened (or I got more depressed) and was switched to mirtazapine instead.

Coming off it was horrific for me though and I pretty much locked myself in a room for a couple of weeks because I felt like death.
    Hmm, guess I'll just start it tonight and hope it's not too bad. If I do get dizzy I can just do my boss' trick of supervising other coaches a.k.a. standing around occasionally commenting on what people are doing. I am really hoping this one works but I guess it's just wait and see. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VaVe)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I took sertraline a while back. At the start I felt quite sick for a few days but that soon passed. I still managed to carry on doing the things I had to do though when starting it. It was a good drug for me for a while but didn't make a great deal of difference and so I changed to another one.

Good luck to you anyway on it! All the best!

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling good. Room is spinning and don't feel in control. Quite scared. And last night I don't remember anything about what happened after about 11pm. I'm pretty sure I didn't fall asleep cause I was sitting on the floor but everything just stopped and I felt disorientated then the next thing I knew it was 5am. I feel so alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Not feeling good. Room is spinning and don't feel in control. Quite scared. And last night I don't remember anything about what happened after about 11pm. I'm pretty sure I didn't fall asleep cause I was sitting on the floor but everything just stopped and I felt disorientated then the next thing I knew it was 5am. I feel so alone
    :hugs: You've got us at least. Have you told a doctor about blacking out/memory loss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Wanna talk about it? :console:
    I lost my job 2 weeks ago and haven't found anything. I'm not coping well with being unemployed.

Worried I'll get worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Your not alone Hun, like wolf said, you've got us :penguinhug: :jumphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still so confused as to what I'll do. I don't understand any of this stuff at all. So confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    I lost my job 2 weeks ago and haven't found anything. I'm not coping well with being unemployed.

Worried I'll get worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My advice would be try and do something you feel is productive each day, maybe not always towards employment but at least something you can feel a sense of achievement after doing. It helps me get out of bed on a morning (i'm unemployed and have only just managed to get one interview but it isn't for 3 weeks).

You won't be out of work forever, you've been in work before and will be again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm now freaking and panicking because there's a fly in the room.

I'm so ****ing pathetic. I can't sleep now its buzzing round and round :cry2:

Gahhhh I just need to hide away from everyone and everything I think. Forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    I'm now freaking and panicking because there's a fly in the room.

I'm so ****ing pathetic. I can't sleep now its buzzing round and round :cry2:

Gahhhh I just need to hide away from everyone and everything I think. Forever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: If it's still there, turn out your light and turn on the hall one then open the door. They usually go towards the light.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.