(Original post by Al-farhan)
    Maxaad tiri?
    yaad cayneeysa
    That message was supposed to be a reply to Secretnerd123

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Yh i am; are you?
    Maybe :innocent:
    Haha. Are you enjoying the uni experience so far? And did you go to the somali soc event today? I missed it :/

ReputationRep:
    hi guys anyone wanna be my friend

just kidding....or am i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Maybe :innocent:
    Haha. Are you enjoying the uni experience so far? And did you go to the somali soc event today? I missed it :/
    I didn't even know lol what do you study?

lool I didn't even know that was on today. Did you get an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabr)
    hi guys anyone wanna be my friend

just kidding....or am i?
    I'll be your friend
    What do u study?

I didn't even know lol what do you study?

lool I didn't even know that was on today. Did you get an email?
    Psychology. Wbu?

Yuppp. I went to a games night which was hosted by the psych soc last night so came home at like 9.30 so was shattered and didnt bother going in to uni today for it lol. Its called 'soo fariiso' (cool name right? ) and they're hosting it every 2 wks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Psychology. Wbu?

Yuppp. I went to a games night which was hosted by the psych soc last night so came home at like 9.30 so was shattered and didnt bother going in to uni today for it lol. Its called 'soo fariiso' (cool name right? ) and they're hosting it every 2 wks
    Nice! I'm actually participating in a study by your department. I study biomedical science.

I left uni and started my work shift from 4-11. literally came home and dropped on my bed and woke up around 8 (should've stayed awake after fajr). Your'e lucky, I was forced to go in for a lab practical.

soo fariiso lol, thats actually a cool name. Although non-somali people would be like :confused::confused: did you get an email about it?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I'm actually participating in a study by your department. I study biomedical science.

I left uni and started my work shift from 4-11. literally came home and dropped on my bed and woke up around 8 (should've stayed awake after fajr). Your'e lucky, I was forced to go in for a lab practical.

soo fariiso lol, thats actually a cool name. Although non-somali people would be like :confused::confused: did you get an email about it?
    Aww Is your job in retail?
    Ohh i see. Yeah they do so many studies here

Here it is: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1414178213.890770.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  116.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1414178258.212722.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  143.2 KB

Hows uni for you so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Salaaaaaam guys, just a hi-tech question for y'all. Anyone can recommend me a good laptop for about £400 pounds? I tried going to PC world and Currys today but they were trying to rip me off so bad! Plus I hate the windows 8 look so much! Downloading microsoft word/excel etc will be such a great deal of a hassle since they no longer do CD versions. I checked out some good HP ones but they seem like the type that will snap in a instance, especially with a clumsy person like me.

So any hi-tech/technical person out ere that can help me out is much appreciated.

Hope y'all are doing fine insaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixtons.Baddest)

A dude that approaches a girl at a bus stop and on top of that ignores fellow muslims due to his fitnah being blocked has no right to take the religious high ground with regards to growing a beard, you are better off just ignoring them.
    Also add to that the fact that they backbite and gossip behind your back adds to their double standards, a clean shaven brother with a hoodie and denim jeans and a pure heart is better than a brother with a beard to his navel, a miswak, a qamiss and kufi that backbites and instigates gossip
    Spot on! About the thing i highlighted in bold. I have learnt that the hard way haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    What?

Yeah I did get your PM messages but I couldn't reply as you keep getting banned & making a new account, then get banned again etc etc. Anyway, I did get your PM messages and I did see your pic, you're not ugly and you're definitely not hot lol. You look like you work in Londis
    Lmaooooooooo. Ohhmydays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Salaaaaaam guys, just a hi-tech question for y'all. Anyone can recommend me a good laptop for about £400 pounds? I tried going to PC world and Currys today but they were trying to rip me off so bad! Plus I hate the windows 8 look so much! Downloading microsoft word/excel etc will be such a great deal of a hassle since they no longer do CD versions. I checked out some good HP ones but they seem like the type that will snap in a instance, especially with a clumsy person like me.

So any hi-tech/technical person out ere that can help me out is much appreciated.

Hope y'all are doing fine insaAllah.
    Model: Asus x550CA 15.6"
    Price £399.99
    Operating system windows 8 can be reverted to 7.
    4GB Ram
    Intel i5
    Hard drive 750GB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Model: Asus x550CA 15.6"
    Price £399.99
    Operating system windows 8 can be reverted to 7.
    4GB Ram
    Intel i5
    Hard drive 750GB
    Heeeyyy, alles goed?

I have seen that in the shop en mijn broeder said to me that i should get it! I had no idea that it could be reverted to windows 7! that makes it so much more appealing, I was a bit dissapointed with the RAM since a couple of HP were 8GB and for a less price also, but like i said before the hinges seem like they were gonna snap any second.

Dankje wel!

ReputationRep:
    Heeeyyy, alles goed?

I have seen that in the shop en mijn broeder said to me that i should get it! I had no idea that it could be reverted to windows 7! that makes it so much more appealing, I was a bit dissapointed with the RAM since a couple of HP were 8GB and for a less price also, but like i said before the hinges seem like they were gonna snap any second.

Dankje wel!
    You speak dutch? :eek: Ja, alles gaat goed hier!

Good value for money would definitely recommend it to you, but as you said earlier the RAM is only 4GB. What are you going to be using it for? If you're only using it for basic stuff then those specs should be more than sufficient. I prefer this laptop because it is small and portable easy to carry around.

Geen Probleem! hoop dat je een goeie laptop vind.

ReputationRep:
    You speak dutch? :eek: Ja, alles gaat goed hier!

Good value for money would definitely recommend it to you, but as you said earlier the RAM is only 4GB. What are you going to be using it for? If you're only using it for basic stuff then those specs should be more than sufficient. I prefer this laptop because it is small and portable easy to carry around.

Geen Probleem! hoop dat je een goeie laptop vind.
    Ja hoor!! Haha. Ik ga het voor de universitiet gebruiken. So hopefully het is genoeg? toch?

Dankje

ReputationRep:
    Ja hoor!! Haha. Ik ga het voor de universitiet gebruiken. So hopefully het is genoeg? toch?

Dankje
    Ik gebruik die van mij ook voor het universiteit heel handig is die laptop kan je overal meenemen, lectures, starbucks enzo. Is best wel chill en goedkoop voor het prijs! Oh en je kan microsoft office gratis via het univeriteit downloaden hele packet word, powerpoint, publisher, excel etc.

Graag gedaan

ReputationRep:
    Ik gebruik die van mij ook voor het universiteit heel handig is die laptop kan je overal meenemen, lectures, starbucks enzo. Is best wel chill en goedkoop voor het prijs! Oh en je kan microsoft office gratis via het univeriteit downloaden hele packet word, powerpoint, publisher, excel etc.

Graag gedaan
    Echt? Hoe kan je het gratis downloading? Ik had geen idee! Zo ik moet het niet gaan kopen van de winkel? Overall, is de laptop good? Quality wise? Hoe is de levensduur van de batterij? Ik ben echt sorry for deze alle vragen!

ReputationRep:
    Echt? Hoe kan je het gratis downloading? Ik had geen idee! Zo ik moet het niet gaan kopen van de winkel? Overall, is de laptop good? Quality wise? Hoe is de levensduur van de batterij? Ik ben echt sorry for deze alle vragen!
    Het ligt aan de universiteit sommige geven geen gratis software weg, dus dan moet je vragen als je z'n packet kan downloaden van hun. De laptop is opzich wel goed maar het is heel dun, dus kan die wel stuk gaan als je er niet mee verzichtig omgaat. Batterij levenduur is 4 uur.

Zit je al op universiteit dan?

ReputationRep:
    You guys are making me jell with your dutch talk Im actually learning it now.

ReputationRep:
    Het ligt aan de universiteit sommige geven geen gratis software weg, dus dan moet je vragen als je z'n packet kan downloaden van hun. De laptop is opzich wel goed maar het is heel dun, dus kan die wel stuk gaan als je er niet mee verzichtig omgaat. Batterij levenduur is 4 uur.

Zit je al op universiteit dan?
    Ja, mij derde jaar. En jij?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    You guys are making me jell with your dutch talk Im actually learning it now.
    Are you studying the language as A-level?

Ja, mij derde jaar. En jij?
    Tweede jaar, ICT en handel
    Hopelijk masters doen in nederland daarna

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.