Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Israel/Palestine Conflict Mk. IV Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    What do you make of it, WWIII?

A Random guy on the street shouts "Heil Hitler" and you think it will be the start of WWIII? Over dramatic much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    The school in Jabalya - the UN gave Israel the location 17 times.
    The school in Rafah - the UN gave Israel the location 33 times.

You'd think that they would have a pretty good idea as to what they were bombing... wouldn't you?

Also - well done for following the standard Israeli PR spiel to a T.
    Not in the field.

Besides, the last people I would believe are UNRWA.

Well done on getting your crib sheet from the local mosque.

ReputationRep:
    The real nazi's are the Israelis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    That guy is a troll, don't even bother responding to him. All he talks about is how he will destroy the zionists without really making any valuable points.
    I see not worth my time then

ReputationRep:
    Wow. You would have your civilian population killed so you can save your crops which the civilian population can't even sustain itself on, anyway.
    Let us get something straight here:

Israel have killed Palestinian civilians. Not HAMAS but Israeli ammunition and Israeli airstrikes and Israeli shells have killed Palestinians.

​No one is starving. This has been said many times. They rely mostly on humanitarian aid anyway. No one is going to let them starve. The International Community will have a fit.

Again, they rely on Humanitarian Aid anyway. This is NOT going to be a staggering difference from what they're used to. So no one is picking starvation over being killed, they're picking humanitarian aid over being killed.
    I believe it has been pretty much acknowledged that the Israeli's do not want the Palestinians to become self-sufficient.

The terrible reality is that the Israeli's would actually want an excuse to destroy the small pockets of farms found in the Gaza strip so that it's inhabitants become completely independent on the "goodwill" of the Israeli's.

Well, then that's something for Hamas to consider. I mean, if they know the operations are constant, whether or not they like to blame them on the Israelis or their own obstinance, you'd think at least they'd convert some of that farm land to military bases. Or build military bases where they can fire their rockets from, rather than do so from a hospital. Apparently they have an endless supply of humanitarian financial aid which they like to steal anyway, so might as well use it for making the lives of the civilians slightly less dangerous.
    Why should they act like a state when they are not a state?

But they can walk through the tunnel into Israel, kidnap an Israeli or carry out a suicide bomber attack, and then go back home and complain about the airstrikes that occur?
    Well, that is what the tunnel is designed for.

The tunnel is not designed for "gaining food and medicine" as you claimed the tunnels can be used for because one would be shot if they tried to do that.

​Really? So you know what the capacity of those tunnels is? There are 31 uncovered so far. They must be kilometers long each to be able to go into Israel. Tell me again why people can't find shelter underground. Where else would you advise them to go?
    Given the fact that we have seen some of those shelters first hand from the footage aired from both sides, I think we can safely conclude that they cannot possibly form any part of the definition of "shelter".

You're right, warning systems are redundant because Hamas wants their civilians to stay where they are anyway. Israel warns them. Must suck for Hamas. Israel treating Gazan civilians in a more humanitarian manner than Hamas does.
    You seem intent on missing the point completely.

As it stands, warning systems are redundant making your "tunnel shelter" argument redundant.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you're just insisting on this unrealistic nonsense about self sustenance (which hasn't happened and will not happen for a while anyway) just so you don't have to admit that Hamas can use farm land to fire its rockets from and not put its civilians at risk. Is it so difficult to admit that your heroes are not infallible?
    So if HAMAS fires rockets from what you claim are "farm areas", then there would be no civilian casualties?

Just on a side note as I'm curious (you don't have to answer if you don't want to) as to wherever you have ever been to Gazze?

ReputationRep:
    Will Gaza be destroyed for good? Or will the current conflict de-escalate at some point soon?

Also, what's caused it to escalate so much in recent weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    Not in the field.

Besides, the last people I would believe are UNRWA.

Well done on getting your crib sheet from the local mosque.
    What a pathetic response.

I have no crib sheet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layahudhi)
    All the same.
    I am practically Sunni Muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyTee)
    Will Gaza be destroyed for good? Or will the current conflict de-escalate at some point soon?

Also, what's caused it to escalate so much in recent weeks?
    Zionists love to lie to cause more bloodshed.

The current conflict escalated when the 3 teenagers were allegedly kidnapped by Hamas which has now proven to not be true (Funnily enough, there was no commotion when 8+ Palestinians were brutally murdered by Israel before this event e.g: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S-cNIfW2rM).

In retaliation, Israel kidnapped 600 Palestinians, killed about 6 of them, then started bombing Palestinian targets. This pissed off Hamas (who wouldn't get Pissed off?), so Hamas retaliated with rockets.

Zionists will claim that this conflict started with Hamas firing rockets, which is not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    A nuclear bomb worked on Japan, there's no reason to assume that it won't on Gaza
    Well, America wasn't situated right next to Japan...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layahudhi)
    so is the zionist supporting filth in egypt, jordan and saudi. so your point is what exactly?
    My point is I am Sunni Muslim and the large proportion of Sunnis are not pro Zionist, you can't name one Sunni who is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    My point is I am Sunni Muslim and the large proportion of Sunnis are not pro Zionist, you can't name one Sunni who is.
    Let's see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Let's see.
    There is a difference between being pro Zionist and anti Hamas. Hamas are a terrorist organisation and many despise it but does not mean you are a staunch supporter of Zionism,
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why you didn't respond to the sources I sent you! Is it because you can't admit that you were wrong and Hamas did ask its people to stay in their homes, claiming IDF is using 'psychological warfare' ?
    I did respond to your source. I responded by saying that it was irrelevant. Or does me saying that the IDF are a load of tossers now constitute the IDF admitting they're a load of tossers?

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between being pro Zionist and anti Hamas. Hamas are a terrorist organisation and many despise it but does not mean you are a staunch supporter of Zionism,
    The terms of your "challenge" were to name a Sunni Muslim who was pro-Zionist.

I gave you a Wikipedia link which examines in quite some detail, the views of around 10 people who fit that criteria.

Your challenge was accepted and summarily debunked...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I did respond to your source. I responded by saying that it was irrelevant. Or does me saying that the IDF are a load of tossers now constitute the IDF admitting they're a load of tossers?
    I provided a source from Reuters claiming that Hamas has told its civilians to ignore Israeli warnings. I provided another source stating the exact words used by Hamas. I don't know how it's 'irrelevant', since it's exactly what you asked me to provide.

Now, you just look stupid.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    Estimated to have had over 10,000 rockets.

I don't know why you're confusing the tunnels with rockets. When I said the rockets were underground, I wasn't talking about storing them there. I mean underground launchers. Mechanised underground launchers that open trap doors, fire, then retreat below.
    Well, it's not a complex concept. IF the tunnels are gone then there is allegedly no way for more rockets to come in.
    And with the amount of "military targets" that Israel has bombed those 10,000 rockets must be gone. How many thousands of "military" (by which they obviously mean mostly civilian) targets have they struck? How many thousands? OR does Hamas now put their rockets each in isolation in different places so they have to run all over the country to collect them to fire?

Yes. yes you are.
    The ad hominem is reall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    What a pathetic response.

I have no crib sheet...
    It's what your post deserved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    The terms of your "challenge" were to name a Sunni Muslim who was pro-Zionist.

I gave you a Wikipedia link which examines in quite some detail, the views of around 10 people who fit that criteria.

Your challenge was accepted and summarily debunked...
    They did not fit the criteria and I urge you to look again

ReputationRep:
    They did not fit the criteria and I urge you to look again
    What was the criteria?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.