Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeGee3)
    Did you do your numerical straight after the app? or sometime this month?
    I think there was a deadline, so I did the numericals a couple of days later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laplace)
    Earlier in this thread, don't know if it's true though. Obviously not, since a few have received an invite to the interviews recently. What does it say on your app status? Have you completed the numericals?
    It says:
    application submitted>>>application reviewed>>interview process>>>

Test
    You have successfully completed our online test. Your results have been submitted for review and you will be contacted shortly.

and yh i submitted my online test yd...

ReputationRep:
    I think there was a deadline, so I did the numericals a couple of days later.
    yh theres a one week deadline but i mean how long after the numerical did you hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    It says:
    application submitted>>>application reviewed>>interview process>>>

Test
    You have successfully completed our online test. Your results have been submitted for review and you will be contacted shortly.

and yh i submitted my online test yd...
    It took over a month for me to hear from them. I guess I was not prioritized first. But I can give you some positive news. What you see on your app status now is exactly what I saw before receiving an invite to the interviews last week.

ReputationRep:
    It took over a month for me to hear from them. I guess I was not prioritized first. But I can give you some positive news. What you see on your app status now is exactly what I saw before receiving an invite to the interviews last week.
    LOL that's annoying..."shortly" really isn't short then. did you apply to GS btw?...have you heard from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    LOL that's annoying..."shortly" really isn't short then. did you apply to GS btw?...have you heard from them yet?
    haha I know, I had that status for two weeks before hearing from them. yes I applied but it is still under review. how about you? which division are you applying for btw?

ReputationRep:
    haha I know, I had that status for two weeks before hearing from them. yes I applied but it is still under review. how about you? which division are you applying for btw?
    For DB it was IBD and for GS it was IBD and Finance...my application status still says application received for both divisions i applied for in GS...but people seem to have had interview for GS already :/

ReputationRep:
    For DB it was IBD and for GS it was IBD and Finance...my application status still says application received for both divisions i applied for in GS...but people seem to have had interview for GS already :/
    Where have you got this info from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Just wanted to butt in here, the GS interviews were regarding the Student Challenge. Top 30 applicants get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    It seems people who have interviews through the student challenge have been notified but have not yet had them, I haven't seen any outside of this

ReputationRep:
    ok! GS started reviewing a week ago, so they've probably not gone through all of the apps yet, I think..

ReputationRep:
    ph only from this thread...i assumed they had started to give out interviews, but it seems not

ReputationRep:
    MS haven't responded to me for nearly a month post interview. Interviewed on 19th Dec, can I expect a rejection.

Any last min advice for Barclays & HSBC interviews?
    Yes

Have examples for barclays

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    THE KICK-ASS IB QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“Some chick asked me what I would do with 10 million bucks. I told her I’d wonder where the rest of my money went.”

ReputationRep:
    MS haven't responded to me for nearly a month post interview. Interviewed on 19th Dec, can I expect a rejection.

Any last min advice for Barclays & HSBC interviews?
    Had mine on the 17th and got a rejection on Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    Yes

Have examples for barclays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How was it? Competency or a bit technical? Talking about first round

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make sense that gs have already gone through even 10% of apps yet. I got an interview for the sw last year and I was sent it on the 21st Jan . And I know I was for sure the first batch. Would be interesting to know who has got now and why because it seems very early

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks is a big deal in terms of apps . Maybe the only interviews were for the student challenge people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny101)
    Doesn't make sense that gs have already gone through even 10% of apps yet. I got an interview for the sw last year and I was sent it on the 21st Jan . And I know I was for sure the first batch. Would be interesting to know who has got now and why because it seems very early
    Its just fir the std challenge. What division did you do last year, what was the int like etc, any news about the gs process is interesting

ReputationRep:
    Did you get invited to do a numerical for DB?
    yep i did, got rejected straight afterwards - threw me a bit because i'm usually pretty good at numericals and got all the practice questions right...didn't think it went badly but it must have

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.