Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Allen, Milner, Lallana, Firmino

Subs: Ward, Toure, Benteke, Sturridge, Lucas, Ibe, Flanagan.

STURRIDGE! Thought he had no chance today and would feature v West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Sturridge on for 30 mins. God knows how much we miss him up front.

ReputationRep:
    At least we only lost 2-0 to Leicester....

ReputationRep:
    Even if Vardy didn't score that wonder goal against us, they would have scored anyway as on the counter they are just too good.

From now on they will have to start breaking down defences against teams at the lower end of the table if they are to win the title though. They have benefited with Vardy and Mahrez having space to play but it will be interesting to see how they will fare with little space given against parked buses, it will help that they have Huth who can score from set pieces though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lovren injured again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Lovren injured again....
    What happened? I missed the first 10 mins of the game. I hope he's not out for too long.

ReputationRep:
    Moreno you mug.
    What a chance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor Klopp. Only just found out about the appendicitis. Been at my family's today, but tuning in for the second half now. Take it I haven't missed much!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    And Allen now. Hamstring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Poor Klopp. Only just found out about the appendicitis. Been at my family's today, but tuning in for the second half now. Take it I haven't missed much!
    Same old same old.

Ugly football from Allardyce as expected. That being said, it is working so why not?

We definitely improved as the half went on but we only had 1 sub left with Lovren and Allen going off injured.
    We'll probably bring Benteke on because Sunderland look a little fragile from set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    What the **** have our players been doing last preseason? Way too many injuries this season to be classed as unlucky, there was already a crises when Klopp came in.

What's mind boggling is that when Benteke is off the pitch, we play crosses but when he is on we don't. Not sure why that is.

ReputationRep:
    Only caught the last 10 minutes of the half and it seemed a lot better from us than normal. Still struggling to break them down, but at least the players have some energy about them and are eager to get involved, which isn't usually the case with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Even if Vardy didn't score that wonder goal against us, they would have scored anyway as on the counter they are just too good.

From now on they will have to start breaking down defences against teams at the lower end of the table if they are to win the title though. They have benefited with Vardy and Mahrez having space to play but it will be interesting to see how they will fare with little space given against parked buses, it will help that they have Huth who can score from set pieces though.
    Mahrez is perfect to break down defences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Mahrez is perfect to break down defences
    Agree. If anything Albrighton is the one who would struggle to break down organised defences. He likes the early ball for Vardy to run to. Mahrez can play in tight spaces and dribble to make space for others. Great 1 vs 1 player too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Everton above us.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1-0 Firmino!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Everton above us.
    1-0 Firminoooooo

What was that?

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland are falling apart and it's not hard to see why they're 19th. As soon as they concede they become absolute garbage at the back.

We need to get this second goal because they'll be going ham now.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 Lallana

Firmino amazing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    2-0 Lallana. Great assist by Firmino.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.