Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    What I want to be: 1
    What I'll probably end up being: 2

I'm really concerned as to what everybody else has got, and theres a good chance I wont see a lot of people again, so I'll try and talk to everyone but idk how to do that without sounding boastful (I'm 100% sure I've got an A* and 50% sure my other two are A*A, according to unofficial markschemes).
    Haha, I'm in the position of not having enjoyed the last two years of sixth form so I haven't really got anyone to say goodbye to! I suppose I'm 'concerned' also, but it's more nosiness! What you do is get a friend to ask around and relay the gossip back to you. :lol:

In all seriousness, I really hate people asking me what I got in terms of grades, and the teachers are by far the worse ones for it! That's why I'm planning on running in and out as fast as possible. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You can try but be prepared for them to tell you to bog off until Thursday. They've got a lot to do this week and people who have changed their mind (who don't even know if they have the grades for their firm yet) will now be very low priority.

Also bear in mind that you're signing up to a much more stressful August/September if you opt for clearing over Manchester. Most places won't offer accommodation for clearing students so you're committing to house hunting (and possibly spending first year in a shared house) over a guaranteed room in hall at Manchester.
    the uni I'm looking at going to via clearing has tonnes of halls and they've said that youre pretty much guaranteed a place somewhere.... and my other option for clearing guarantees a room for everyone coming via clearing so the accommodation thing isn't really an issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You used to have an offer from York?
    Well odds are they haven't already updated your track so they just have to say no although obviously it is risky.
    I did yh but stupidly didn't pick it as my insurance and instead put down manchester but now i am convinced that it was all a big mistake and I'm rather terrified now about potentially having to take a gap year cause i dont want to go there and cause they could take ages to release me as they could've updated it already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    What I want to be: 1
    What I'll probably end up being: 2

I'm really concerned as to what everybody else has got, and theres a good chance I wont see a lot of people again, so I'll try and talk to everyone but idk how to do that without sounding boastful (I'm 100% sure I've got an A* and 50% sure my other two are A*A, according to unofficial markschemes).
    Why would you do that when you know it makes people uncomfortable if they want to know what you got or want you to know what they got theyd say, dont leave them with a bad opinion of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    All those got unconditional offers from UOB:

My friend got AABU (AS) - (anthropology)

Another one - ACC (AS) English Lit)

And another one ...ABBC (AS) (Philosophy)

Me - AAAA (AS) - French Studies and Linguistics
    It depends on the course, I have 4 As at AS Level and my offer's A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I did yh but stupidly didn't pick it as my insurance and instead put down manchester but now i am convinced that it was all a big mistake and I'm rather terrified now about potentially having to take a gap year cause i dont want to go there and cause they could take ages to release me as they could've updated it already
    I'm sure no matter what happens you'll be okay just don't give up hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm sure no matter what happens you'll be okay just don't give up hope.
    I'm getting really scared now cause people are saying about unis taking ages to release you into clearing and so i could end up on a gap year now because of this so then i think maybe I'm better off just going to my insurance after all and i could always just drop out if it is that bad

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really scared now cause people are saying about unis taking ages to release you into clearing and so i could end up on a gap year now because of this so then i think maybe I'm better off just going to my insurance after all and i could always just drop out if it is that bad
    You don't even know whether you've met your firm offer yet - never mind whether they'll take you with lower grades.

Only 8% of people end up at their insurance (mainly because most firms take applicants with 1/2/3+ dropped grades).

Ring tomorrow first thing and explain that you don't want a place and want to go into clearing if your firm reject you and ask what they need from you to make that happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You don't even know whether you've met your firm offer yet - never mind whether they'll take you with lower grades.

Only 8% of people end up at their insurance (mainly because most firms take applicants with 1/2/3+ dropped grades).

Ring tomorrow first thing and explain that you don't want a place and want to go into clearing if your firm reject you and ask what they need from you to make that happen.
    wait what?! Only 8%... What's the point it insurances then I mean I'm sure those 8% are thankful for it but there doesn't seen much need for it then.
    Do you have similar figures for firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    which course and what's your offer?
    Geog A*AA you??

(Original post by Qrstuv)
    Geog A*AA you??
    NatSci with A*A*A

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

Thanks a lot for the reassurance and advice. I'll ring them tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    NatSci with A*A*A

Best of luck!
    Thanks you too

ReputationRep:
    PQ

I'll be applying to uni this October for 2017 entry, and I was wondering about the entry requirements. Are the ones listed now on websites/prospectuses the final entry requirements, or can/will they still change like after results day or something?

ReputationRep:
    You can still get offers from clearing courses whilst you're waiting to be released so that won't affecf it. It just won't be UCAS official. Just make sure you explain the situation to the uni and get their offer down in writing and they will hold on until you get released

Source: rang multiple unis who's clearing courses I'm interested in and they all said this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    You can still get offers from clearing courses whilst you're waiting to be released so that won't affecf it. It just won't be UCAS official. Just make sure you explain the situation to the uni and get their offer down in writing and they will hold on until you get released

Source: rang multiple unis who's clearing courses I'm interested in and they all said this
    UCAS forbid universities from talking to applicants who are placed elsewhere.

Obviously it happens but there's a good chance (especially on results day) that universities will refuse to commit to anything for an applicant that isn't officially in clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

Obviously it happens but there's a good chance (especially on results day) that universities will refuse to commit to anything for an applicant that isn't officially in clearing.
    Yep this seems to be one of those UCAS myths about clearing but st the end of the day you can't get an offer unless you have a clearing number and the uni isn't exactly gonna wait days to let you have your place ? That would just be waste of time on their part. They just want to fill up their spaces ASAP

Indian music is helping me through these stressful times

ReputationRep:
    For A2 Students, anyone else choose a firm and insurance with near identical grades and regretting it now lmaooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

Just curious - but what does happen if a university contacts you before Thursday with a "congratulations/welcome" email before results are released? I saw a post along these lines earlier and it got me wondering if this could cause the uni some problems.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.