Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Ik gebruik die van mij ook voor het universiteit heel handig is die laptop kan je overal meenemen, lectures, starbucks enzo. Is best wel chill en goedkoop voor het prijs! Oh en je kan microsoft office gratis via het univeriteit downloaden hele packet word, powerpoint, publisher, excel etc.

Graag gedaan
    Yo black cat. How do u know dutch??

ReputationRep:
    Are you studying the language as A-level?

Tweede jaar, ICT en handel
    Hopelijk masters doen in nederland daarna

Nop, Im self teaching myself. I have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Yo black cat. How do u know dutch??
    I grew up in the Netherlands lived there for several years.

(Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Nop, Im self teaching myself. I have to.
    Waarom? Why?
    Veel geluk, Goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in the Netherlands lived there for several years.

Waarom? Why?
    Veel geluk, Goodluck.

Actually knew the words without translation! Looks like im getting there. :P And I was born in Holland. Lived there for 5 years then I moved to England. Its really annoying when people ask me do you know the lang and I say no.

So I want to learn the lang. My mum showed me videos the other day of me speaking in dutch when I was 4. Sad to say I didnt understand a word.

ReputationRep:
    Actually knew the words without translation! Looks like im getting there. :P And I was born in Holland. Lived there for 5 years then I moved to England. Its really annoying when people ask me do you know the lang and I say no.

So I want to learn the lang. My mum showed me videos the other day of me speaking in dutch when I was 4. Sad to say I didnt understand a word.
    Goed gedaan, well done.

Whereabouts are you from in the Netherlands. I resided in Noord-Holland in a homely historic city called Hoorn, bet you've never heard of it haha. I lived there pretty much my whole life moved 7 years ago and been living in England ever since. I do miss the food kroket, frikandel all you have here is sausage and vinegar! :unimpressed:

Dutch isn't a very hard language but we use the letter "G" a lot it feels like something is up your throat :rolleyes: Are you actually dutch by blood then?

ReputationRep:
    Goed gedaan, well done.

Whereabouts are you from in the Netherlands. I resided in Noord-Holland in a homely historic city called Hoorn, bet you've never heard of it haha. I lived there pretty much my whole life moved 7 years ago and been living in England ever since. I do miss the food kroket, frikandel all you have here is sausage and vinegar! :unimpressed:

Dutch isn't a very hard language but we use the letter "G" a lot it feels like something is up your throat :rolleyes: Are you actually dutch by blood then?

No, i never heard of it but then again all i know is some main ones and the city I was born in which is Denhaag. 7 years ago eh, you must have talked in Dutch through out those 7 years, how old are you if you dont mind asking.

hahah people joke about that in england, they say are you choking when you done. By blood, by that you mean?

ReputationRep:
    No, i never heard of it but then again all i know is some main ones and the city I was born in which is Denhaag. 7 years ago eh, you must have talked in Dutch through out those 7 years, how old are you if you dont mind asking.

hahah people joke about that in england, they say are you choking when you done. By blood, by that you mean?
    Ik ben 21 jaar.

I'm quite fond of the main cities Rotterdam and Amsterdam thinking of doing my masters back in the Netherlands after I finish here. I spoke Dutch throughout my stay in Holland and it used to be my first language. I speak very little now as English has kind of taken over. I meant to ask if your family was Dutch since you were born there.

ReputationRep:
    Aww Is your job in retail?
    Ohh i see. Yeah they do so many studies here

Here it is: Attachment 332955
    Attachment 332957

Hows uni for you so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh its retail.

Thanks for the pics. More importantly, I noticed your batt was on 1% in one of them lol.

Uni is going great alhamdulilah; need to do more reading up and proper notes. How's it going for you then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Yh its retail.

Thanks for the pics. More importantly, I noticed your batt was on 1% in one of them lol.

Uni is going great alhamdulilah; need to do more reading up and proper notes. How's it going for you then?
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about getting it? Im so in need of a p/t job wallahi!

Yeaah same. I'm quite behind on the work so want to catch up in reading week i'A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Heeeyyy, alles goed?

I have seen that in the shop en mijn broeder said to me that i should get it! I had no idea that it could be reverted to windows 7! that makes it so much more appealing, I was a bit dissapointed with the RAM since a couple of HP were 8GB and for a less price also, but like i said before the hinges seem like they were gonna snap any second.

Dankje wel!
    Hey, sorry to interrupt your conversation. But I bought asus notebook a couple of years ago and tbh it is crap. Personally, I don't like it, it is slow and I bought it from PC world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about getting it? Im so in need of a p/t job wallahi!

Yeaah same. I'm quite behind on the work so want to catch up in reading week i'A
    Well the online assessment was a breeze and once you pass it you choose what time your want to attend your interview. Then once you get there, you have to do a role playing activity and if you pass that, you're practically through, you just do a one2one with the manager to sort out the formalities such as availability and such.

Have you been doing proper notes after lectures from the start? And do you use the library to revise much? I think I still have quite a few lectures during reading week sadly.

ReputationRep:
    Well the online assessment was a breeze and once you pass it you choose what time your want to attend your interview. Then once you get there, you have to do a role playing activity and if you pass that, you're practically through, you just do a one2one with the manager to sort out the formalities such as availability and such.

Have you been doing proper notes after lectures from the start? And do you use the library to revise much? I think I still have quite a few lectures during reading week sadly.
    Oh ok :O

Nope, I've actually done no notes outside lectures which is crazy but its been overwhelming and ive been procrastinating alot

Yeah im always in the library to do coursework and stuff. I love the silent area in particular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown shuga)
    Hey, sorry to interrupt your conversation. But I bought asus notebook a couple of years ago and tbh it is crap. Personally, I don't like it, it is slow and I bought it from PC world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't be sorry! I don't think the one he recommend was a notebook, but I don't really know the asus brand, I personally know HP is decent. But thanks for your input!

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok :O

Nope, I've actually done no notes outside lectures which is crazy but its been overwhelming and ive been procrastinating alot

Yeah im always in the library to do coursework and stuff. I love the silent area in particular
    Mee neither. I just have one book with so much notes from all my lectures its crazy. I'm in there a lot too to do assignments and a bit of reading around lecture topics. I've probably seen you but wouldn't have known it was you lool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Don't be sorry! I don't think the one he recommend was a notebook, but I don't really know the asus brand, I personally know HP is decent. But thanks for your input!
    Do you think macbooks are worth it? Was thinking of getting one around dec-jan

ReputationRep:
    In my honest opinion, I don't think so, but then again I am no expert.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...
    I'm an owner of such machine.
    The question of is it worth it depends on what you are looking to get out of your machine.

For movies, editing, no anti viruses, virtually no crashes and BSDs, virtually no load times and super fast solid state HDDs, sleek look, battery life you get 6-8 hours, apps, having windows and mac operating systems on one machine then yes they are worth it.

But if you are looking for graphic intensive applications (mostly gaming, macs can handle your average aftereffects and photoshop user and even cinema 4d rendering), overpricing they like to charge a lot for it, new to mac os, extortionate extended warranty (the sods want another £300-£400 for extended 3 year warranty on top of the 1000-2000 you pay)

So it depends on what you are looking for.
    For a normal student who just wants an everyday laptop its not worth it.
    For a dedicated editor/graphics person someone who wants both a windows and a mac world then yes.
    Bare in mind you can also have mac os on a windows machine ala hackintosh.
    Geek mode over/

ReputationRep:
    Mee neither. I just have one book with so much notes from all my lectures its crazy. I'm in there a lot too to do assignments and a bit of reading around lecture topics. I've probably seen you but wouldn't have known it was you lool.
    I dont see many somali guys at uni tbh lool. I think ive seen like 3/4 since the start of term! There are way more south asians than somalis at our uni

ReputationRep:
    2 interviews this week.

One for a summer internship in Risk and the other an AC for ICAP Global Broking.

Need to get up to speed to the forex market conversions.. stress after stress

Good news: I got interviewed and accepted to be on the board of directors for the accounting & finance society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Hmmm...
    I'm an owner of such machine.
    The question of is it worth it depends on what you are looking to get out of your machine.

For movies, editing, no anti viruses, virtually no crashes and BSDs, virtually no load times and super fast solid state HDDs, sleek look, battery life you get 6-8 hours, apps, having windows and mac operating systems on one machine then yes they are worth it.

But if you are looking for graphic intensive applications (mostly gaming, macs can handle your average aftereffects and photoshop user and even cinema 4d rendering), overpricing they like to charge a lot for it, new to mac os, extortionate extended warranty (the sods want another £300-£400 for extended 3 year warranty on top of the 1000-2000 you pay)

So it depends on what you are looking for.
    For a normal student who just wants an everyday laptop its not worth it.
    For a dedicated editor/graphics person someone who wants both a windows and a mac world then yes.
    Bare in mind you can also have mac os on a windows machine ala hackintosh.
    Geek mode over/
    So is it worth it for you? You are a "normal student" after all... Unless you're heavily into editing and graphics?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.