Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    I'm in the exact same situation too ahah; was going to ask them at the pre-vac scheme social.
    I've e-mailed Sophia from Trainee Recruitment to find out so I'll let you know when I hear back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawyer20)
    Has anyone heard from Bird & Bird post video interview?
    nope, nothing yet!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experience with an interview at Trowers & Hamlins?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Cleary Gottlieb? I was told I would hear back by the end of this week, but I've heard nothing and I've been religiously checking the post..

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how sympathetic grad recruiters are re illness. I have an AC tomorrow for a firm that I really really like, however barely have any voice atm and feel shocking. I'm obviously still going to go, but do you think they take into consideration that you might not be performing at your absolute best, or is that just ridiculous wishful thinking on my part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    I've e-mailed Sophia from Trainee Recruitment to find out so I'll let you know when I hear back!
    That'd be absolutely great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sma1994)
    Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Cleary Gottlieb? I was told I would hear back by the end of this week, but I've heard nothing and I've been religiously checking the post..
    got a PFO in the post (better than an email?!) from them last week. They seem to have quite a randomly spaced out process. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykinzz)
    I wonder how sympathetic grad recruiters are re illness. I have an AC tomorrow for a firm that I really really like, however barely have any voice atm and feel shocking. I'm obviously still going to go, but do you think they take into consideration that you might not be performing at your absolute best, or is that just ridiculous wishful thinking on my part?
    I'd suggest that a firm where people don't care about you being ill is not a firm that you would likely want to work at for a whole two years of your life.

ReputationRep:
    I know I keep asking and no one has replied, but has anyone heard anything from Debevoise yet? Had AC there last Monday, dying to hear back !

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Forsters post AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashgal)
    Anybody had any news from hill Dickinson post interview? It's been quite a while. Guessing it's not good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard anything since doing the interview on 11th Feb. It says on their website that successful candidates will be informed in March & when I applied last year, I didn't get my rejection email until the last Friday of the month. Sit tight, hopefully there'll be some good news soon

ReputationRep:
    Still no news from TLT...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tudd)
    I haven't heard anything since doing the interview on 11th Feb. It says on their website that successful candidates will be informed in March & when I applied last year, I didn't get my rejection email until the last Friday of the month. Sit tight, hopefully there'll be some good news soon
    I'm in the same position too. On their website it mentions that they give feedback, may I ask if they gave you feedback last year? Hope you receive better news from them this time around!!

ReputationRep:
    Great to hear that.
    Can anyone please give an idea of the questions asked during the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisjones123)
    Anyone had an eversheds face to face interview?

Any feedback from it?
    Great news. I have a prospective face to face interview as well. Do you mind me asking what type of questions they asked?

ReputationRep:
    Have a face to face (post telephone) interview at Eversheds' regional office. Can anyone give an idea what type of questions they ask at this stage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    I'm in the same position too. On their website it mentions that they give feedback, may I ask if they gave you feedback last year? Hope you receive better news from them this time around!!
    I didn't get any feedback last year but my application was rejected after doing the Watson glazer test (which I don't think they used this time round?). There were probably still too many candidates at that point to give feedback.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I would like to have your advice on what I should do next.

I had my interview for a vac scheme with Freshfields and Linklaters but I got rejected (first interview ever :/ ). However, I would still like to apply there next year, and my options as a non-law undergrad are either to apply directly for a TC there or try get a final year vac scheme in another firm before and apply the year after (knowing that I did not manage to secure any vac scheme this year). I really want to succeed in my TC applications and I am afraid that as they rejected me for the vac scheme they won't consider for the TC.

Also I had a low 2.1 in my first year but now I have a high first, could this also help?

Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibidi)
    I received an offer on Thursday.
    Ahhh, congratulations! Did they get in touch by phone or email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Does anybody know what salary Freshfields pay for their summer vacation schemes? I can't seem to find any up to date information on it.

Just want to make sure before I book any accommodation for the summer!

Thanks.

I think it was £275 a week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.