Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    What was the criteria?
    Sunni Muslim and pro Zionist
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    I provided a source from Reuters claiming that Hamas has told its civilians to ignore Israeli warnings. I provided another source stating the exact words used by Hamas. I don't know how it's 'irrelevant', since it's exactly what you asked me to provide.

Now, you just look stupid.
    No you didn't, unless your wanting me to trawl through the pages of crap you have written to find it. I was presented with a link to a video of the Palestinian National and Islamic Forces, which does not include Hamas, telling people to not leave their homes.

ReputationRep:
    Let us get something straight here:

Israel have killed Palestinian civilians. Not HAMAS but Israeli ammunition and Israeli airstrikes and Israeli shells have killed Palestinians.

What's your point here? Israel has stated it has been targeting military targets. If those military targets were in the middle of an empty field as opposed to in a hospital, I think we can both agree that the civilian death toll will be lowered. Stop trying to divert from the main point of the question, which was whether you would rather have your crops destroyed or your people killed.
    I believe it has been pretty much acknowledged that the Israeli's do not want the Palestinians to become self-sufficient.

​Really? Who acknowledged it?

The terrible reality is that the Israeli's would actually want an excuse to destroy the small pockets of farms found in the Gaza strip so that it's inhabitants become completely independent on the "goodwill" of the Israeli's.

Well, that's ridiculous. Humanitarian aid comes from many sources, not just Israel.

Why should they act like a state when they are not a state?

They should act like a government, since they've stated they are. This is not to do with their relations with Israel, this is to do with them protecting their people from their 'enemies'.

If they truly care about their civilians semantics like government, non-government, state, entity would not be important. What would be important is protecting their civilians from danger by not creating military targets where they could be avoided.

Well, that is what the tunnel is designed for.

The tunnel is not designed for "gaining food and medicine" as you claimed the tunnels can be used for because one would be shot if they tried to do that.

Oh, and they wouldn't be shot if they tried to kidnap an Israeli or bomb themselves in the middle of the street? Seems like they're willing to die anyway, why not die trying to provide humanitarian aid for your people instead of terrorizing another nation which will inevitably retaliate and kill your people in the process since you didn't account for that fact.

Given the fact that we have seen some of those shelters first hand from the footage aired from both sides, I think we can safely conclude that they cannot possibly form any part of the definition of "shelter'

Shelters are underground. Tunnels are underground. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing is what my whole point was.

You seem intent on missing the point completely.

As it stands, warning systems are redundant making your "tunnel shelter" argument redundant.
    [B]

So if HAMAS fires rockets from what you claim are "farm areas", then there would be no civilian casualties?

There would be far fewer civilian casualties.

Just on a side note as I'm curious (you don't have to answer if you don't want to) as to wherever you have ever been to Gazze?

I haven't been to Gaza, no. I wasn't aware that ordinary people were allowed to enter Gaza, though this could be wrong. I will be visiting Israel for the first time before the year is over, however. I have friends studying at Tel Aviv University. Have you been to Gaza/ Israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    Sunni Muslim and pro Zionist
    And you are telling me that none of those people in that Wikipedia list matched that criteria?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    I suspect the Israeli military are perhaps more capable than a slack-jawed leftist in leafy England.
    Last I checked Britain actually won (or lost) its wars rather than just falling back and licking its wounds after a few weeks.
    And is Ad hominem really all you can manage now? No attempts to give even a mildly convincing argument? No attempt to justify the failures of the IDF? Not an ounce of logic in that head of yours?

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to say that you did twist my words. In my statement, I said Hamas wants them to stay not made them stay (for that, I can't provide evidence yet, but no doubt that will come up eventually). Anyway, here's a Reuters article:

Hamas, whose internal political leadership is in hiding, said its broadcasters Al-Aqsa TV and Al-Aqsa Radio were also targeted. The television station continued to broadcast but the radio station went silent.

The military said the stations were used to "transit orders and messages to Hamas operatives and to instruct Gaza residents to ignore IDF (Israel Defence Forces) warnings regarding upcoming military activity in specific areas."

If this is not enough, here is a statement by Hamas themselves.

“To all of our people who have evacuated their homes – return to them immediately and do not leave the house,” said a statement titled “Urgent call to the residents of the Gaza Strip” released by the Hamas Interior Ministry, Ynet
    reported. “You must follow the directives of the Interior Ministry. This is psychological warfare, random messages to instill panic in people.”

Here.

ReputationRep:
    And you are telling me that none of those people in that Wikipedia list matched that criteria?
    At least 2 were linked to jihadist groups so I don't know why they were there. 3 were Shia and the rest are not real Muslims who live in western society and follow nothing in the Qur'an or shariah law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    No you didn't, unless your wanting me to trawl through the pages of crap you have written to find it. I was presented with a link to a video of the Palestinian National and Islamic Forces, which does not include Hamas, telling people to not leave their homes.
    Yes, I did. I just quoted and posted it again. Look up. You were quoted in it, it's on page 218. Don't blame me for your incompetence.

ReputationRep:
    Hamas has publicly told it's citizens to ignore Israeli warnings, get your lazy *** off here and search it yourself it takes few mins to find sufficient evidence. On top of this UN officials, USA, Egypt and Israel have all provided evidence of this to the UN Security Council which was easily viewable via the BBC news channel.

​Stop making excuses and disputing evidence which clearly shows Hamas has told it's people to ignore Israeli warnings. Seriously WTF does it take to convince you of this.

ReputationRep:
    It's what your post deserved.
    Haha - righto!

Feel free to come back when you have some proper arguments.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathtozionists)
    the gas chambers await zionist filth like you, may you be gassed with zyklon b and radioactively poisoned with polonium 210, cursed b.itch
    I am a Sunni Muslim Kurd from Northern Iran
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What does that have to do with a no-mark whose military understanding stretches to wikipeadia articles?
    And I'm sure you have extensive experience using the worlds military systems? Thought not.

ReputationRep:
    And I'm sure you have extensive experience using the worlds military systems? Thought not.
    Hey,

I quoted you, posted the evidence that I responded to your demands even though you claimed I didn't. Now, will you ignore it again and then claim I never posted a source or will you finally own up to the fact that you were wrong?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to say that you did twist my words. In my statement, I said Hamas wants them to stay not made them stay (for that, I can't provide evidence yet, but no doubt that will come up eventually). Anyway, here's a Reuters article:

Hamas, whose internal political leadership is in hiding, said its broadcasters Al-Aqsa TV and Al-Aqsa Radio were also targeted. The television station continued to broadcast but the radio station went silent.

The military said the stations were used to "transit orders and messages to Hamas operatives and to instruct Gaza residents to ignore IDF (Israel Defence Forces) warnings regarding upcoming military activity in specific areas."

If this is not enough, here is a statement by Hamas themselves.

“To all of our people who have evacuated their homes – return to them immediately and do not leave the house,” said a statement titled “Urgent call to the residents of the Gaza Strip” released by the Hamas Interior Ministry, Ynet
    reported. “You must follow the directives of the Interior Ministry. This is psychological warfare, random messages to instill panic in people.”

Right, so you are verifying the claims of the IDF with another IDF statement? Just because it is quoted by Reuters doesn't mean it isn't a statement being made by the IDF...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I quoted you, posted the evidence that I responded to your demands even though you claimed I didn't. Now, will you ignore it again and then claim I never posted a source or will you finally own up to the fact that you were wrong?
    So how is the specific debate in question relevant to yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Weird because nobody here had any right to be angry about Lee Rigby :rolleyes:
    True, but that was only one man to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Right, so you are verifying the claims of the IDF with another IDF statement? Just because it is quoted by Reuters doesn't mean it isn't a statement being made by the IDF...
    You really are incompetent even when it comes to basic reading comprehension. Let me do a little bit of spoon-feeding for you, because otherwise you will be unable to understand the article:

Nowhere is there an implication that the IDF made the statement. If anything, the implication is that Hamas made the statement.

And what about the statement by Hamas which I posted a little below the Reuters source in the very same post? Or did that conveniently escape your eyes?

ReputationRep:
    It's ironic because the Zionists are pretty much Nazi's themselves.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    x
    Given that you're clearly such a military genius, can you explain something to me?
    So, there was believed to be a stock of about 10,000 rockets.
    About 3000 of them have been fired in the last month, so that brings the remaining total down to about 3000.
    Many are hidden in the tunnels. On thursday the IDF claimed that they would have the tunnel network destroyed in 3 days, so that is now. (So you can also explain why it isn't done yet)
    At least a thousand attacks have been made against Hamas over the last month against military targets.
    How is Hamas still a threat?
    Do they have all the launchers in the world?
    Do they have teleportation capabilities to be resupplying during the war?
    Have the clusters of weapons found been anomalies and actually most are stored in isolation?
    Is the IDF shooting the wrong targets?

ReputationRep:
    So how is the specific debate in question relevant to yours?

I have no idea what you're on about. You stated that I said Hamas didn't want its civilians leaving their homes. You then stated I did not provide evidence for this. I provided evidence from Reuters, along with a statement by Hamas.

Obviously, it's relevant. I did exactly what you asked me to do, then you stated that I didn't, and I had to point it out again. Why are you trying to be so evasive about the fact that you were wrong?

Also, if you still don't believe that this is reliable, what will be reliable information in your eyes? Or is it only reliable when it matches your opinions?

Perhaps you could provide evidence showing that Hamas didn't ask its civilians to stay in their homes. RELIABLE evidence. Whatever the **** that means, since Reuters is unreliable, apparently.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.