Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    2 words a second? No way is that true lol

Well how long can you maintain it
    Tbf I think that sounds entirely possible, especially if you don't need to look away from the screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    If I did a test where I had to type out a piece of prose I would only get around 110-115 I reckon

the only one who can beat me is me, apart from the other 0.36% of people :lol:

I've been used computers since I was like 4, and I don't know how I became this quick but I heard if you want to improve at typing, type as fast as you can, don't worry about mistakes, and you'll become used to it. Something like that. Muscle memory is a pretty incredible thing. :dontknow:
    I'm determined to get better than 60 wpm now:lol:. I'll stop worrying about mistakes then and see how I do.

EDIT: Lol **** this it's impossible, I'll accept my fate as a slow typer who has to look at the keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I'm determined to get better than 60 wpm now:lol:. I'll stop worrying about mistakes then and see how I do.
    I wouldn't recommend this practise technique for other skills though; it only works with typing since the keys are so damn big. Don't you think it's weird that most people spend their days typing on keyboards yet they can't type that quickly? Something to do with plateaus; people think 'this is good enough'. I watched a video about it once; you need to try and push yoruself :holmes:

So long as you aren't one of those guys that type with their two index fingers only... I'll see how fast I can type with just my index fingers for lols :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I wouldn't recommend this practise technique for other skills though; it only works with typing since the keys are so damn big. Don't you think it's weird that most people spend their days typing on keyboards yet they can't type that quickly? Something to do with plateaus; people think 'this is good enough'. I watched a video about it once; you need to try and push yoruself :holmes:

So long as you aren't one of those guys that type with their two index fingers only... I'll see how fast I can type with just my index fingers for lols :lol:
    Just got 60, 1 word per second is fast enough for me

ReputationRep:
    Just got 60, 1 word per second is fast enough for me
    You might hate me for this, but this is how I did with just my two index fingers :lol:

Practice does make perfect for this, if you want to learn to touch type then you'll have to try and get used to doing it without looking although tbh, I don't think it's that useful a skill (unless you want to take notes using a computer? :dontknow:) - very rarely do you completely know what you want to say, and you usually need to check work so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    You might hate me for this, but this is how I did with just my two index fingers :lol:

Practice does make perfect for this, if you want to learn to touch type then you'll have to try and get used to doing it without looking although tbh, I don't think it's that useful a skill (unless you want to take notes using a computer? :dontknow:) - very rarely do you completely know what you want to say, and you usually need to check work so...
    I never really type any work up or anything so typing faster is pretty useless for me.

ReputationRep:
    I never really type any work up or anything so typing faster is pretty useless for me.
    it's called swag fam

yeah, but it's still handy to have for me :lol:

THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BEAT ME IS ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    it's called swag fam

yeah, but it's still handy to have for me :lol:

THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BEAT ME IS ME
    At least you haven't moved on to "My victory is absolute" bull****:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

I can type super fast on my phone when my fingers aren't frozen

But I'm rarely on the laptop so maybe that's why it seems so bizarre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I can type super fast on my phone when my fingers aren't frozen

But I'm rarely on the laptop so maybe that's why it seems so bizarre
    Mm, but typing with just your thumbs does limit you to an extent.

But people have developed a way to get around that.

ReputationRep:
    My highest is 43 wpm. Wow I'm really slow :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.Ibrahim)
    My highest is 43 wpm. Wow I'm really slow :lol:
    :eek:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bude8)

How fast can you type? My PB is around 120wpm
    Did not mean to type type :lol:

I write all my essays on paper first then type them up later (usually). I meant that I'm a speedy writer haha.

Did that typing test and got 52 (with 100% accuracy), I use just my index fingers though tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I use just my index fingers though tbf.
    just my index fingers though tbf.
    just my index fingers
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bude8)
    My keyboard is curved so touch typing is pretty redundant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My keyboard is curved so touch typing is pretty redundant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always wanted a mechanical keyboard. Just to see how loud they can be :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I've always wanted a mechanical keyboard. Just to see how loud they can be :lol:
    You'd probably break it typing that fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I can't believe I'm so late finding this thread but... wassup?

ReputationRep:
    You'd probably break it typing that fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mechanical keyboards are basically designed for bashing... What I don't get is how some people can go at like 160 wpm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naima_786)
    Hi guys

I can't believe I'm so late finding this thread but... wassup?
    Hey, how are you?

(Original post by Bude8)
    Mechanical keyboards are basically designed for bashing... What I don't get is how some people can go at like 160 wpm...
    Record was 169...how is that even possible :eek:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.