The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza3256
did anybody write geographical isolation (i.e allopatric speciation) for one of the question, and
Genetic drift for the very next question?

I put reproductive isolation and genetic drift
Original post by Unknown505
For brain question I said cerebrum, cerebellum and medulla oblongata, because that reduces blood flow of oxygenated blood therefore less oxygen so less respiration so rest of body paralysed

I put motor area of cerebral cortex is messed up so cant move body cos motor neurones to effectors are messed up and shiz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harry1996
I said both use a transport medium and both bind to receptors on the cell surface membrane

Exactly what I wrote to!
did anybody write geographical isolation (i.e allopatric speciation) for one of the question, and

Yeah I wrote exactly the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said genetic drift first bu then changed it to mutation since it was random.
Original post by BioAgent
Agree far too many obscure apply questions that needed as knowledge.

Main thing was the obscure nature of the questions.

Agreed. Half of the time I had no idea what they were asking me to do lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put reproductive isolation and genetic drift

I thought that too. But isn't reproductive isolation when they can't interbreed? because in the question it seem to me that they were geographically separated
Original post by Unknown505
For the acetylcholine wouldn't it be sacrolemma as that is the post synaptic membrane??

Even though it said precisely this question was still so open, I put the post synaptic membrane of the para sympathetic nervous system
That was a weird exam?? It was alright just... weird.
Reply 4429
What did you lot put for the question on the plant moving towards the light and the girl covering her eyes with her face? I started talking about phototropin 1&2 enzymes, and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervoud divisions

for the first one I talked about phototropism, auxins, cell elongation, shoot bends towards light ect
second bit I talked about rods and cones in eyes detecting light, sensory neurones carry impulse to CNS (brain) then somatic motor neurones carry impulse to effector, causing girl to cover eyes with hands

idek :s-smilie:
Reply 4430
OCR havent been great with their exams this year
(edited 8 years ago)
Thoughts on raw marks for 127 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought that too. But isn't reproductive isolation when they can't interbreed? because in the question it seem to me that they were geographically separated

I had no idea what to put, I was thinking geographical isolation, I kind of forgot what the question was asking anyway
Original post by ZQ110
for the first one I talked about phototropism, auxins, cell elongation, shoot bends towards light ect
second bit I talked about rods and cones in eyes detecting light, sensory neurones carry impulse to CNS (brain) then somatic motor neurones carry impulse to effector, causing girl to cover eyes with hands

idek :s-smilie:

Exactly what i wrote
That exam was written by satan himself
Original post by wanna get laid
Thoughts on raw marks for 127 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how could you possibly know that you need 127 ums
Original post by DaisyChain1
That exam was written by satan himself

That exam was a ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corey7695
how could you possibly know that you need 127 ums

Im on a gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cinderella25
That exam was a ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally guessed all of the answers, how is it fair to ask about AS when that isn't on the f215 spec??
Original post by YouAgain
I know right I dunno if I got it right or wrong cuz people are saying1401 but I squared 1401 and got 37 ... Cuz the next question was like11.35 and I'm like, isn't 1401 too big?? Dunno tho wtever

Exactly what I did but I got 36.... Did that mean you accepted or rejected the hypothesis though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending