The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We know all of these people who say they have voted UKIP but it is not reflected in polls. The weighting could be off or it could hint at a very large skyKIP movement.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Well the BNP are as left as the Greens economically. Obviously their most recent choices (Libs and Ukip) are interesting.

Interestingly they do remember Thatcher well for her strength.

They were born in 64 and 66 so growing up it's probably easy to see why teens seeing 3 day weeks and strikes probably won't be thrilled with Labour.
Yes that would certainly explain a lot
--
I try and ask my grandparents about Thatcher sometimes 'cause I find her era incredibly interesting, but they never really had a very strong opinion of her. I know my Nan dislikes what the unions were doing but that's as far as I get really.
---------------------------

On a non-election stance, I've gotten really into 'Modern Family' recently. It's a pretty hilarious TV show tbh, any watchers?
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any ideas for big name casualties? I'm hoping for Danny and Douglas Alexander, if they go, I'll be happy.

(Original post by Rakas21)
It's interesting reading about 92 that the initial exit poll handed to broadcasters actually had a Labour majority, it's only the final inputs that suggested the Tories were doing much better than previously thought and then obviously in the early hours it became clear that the exit poll was wrong.

First real test tonight is apparently Nuneaton. If the Tories hold it, it suggests that they may be smiling.
I was really surprised when the Tories took Nuneaton in 2010, I think they have no chance this time.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
Any ideas for big name casualties? I'm hoping for Danny and Douglas Alexander, if they go, I'll be happy.
Pretty much any big name in Scotland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)

I was really surprised when the Tories took Nuneaton in 2010, I think they have no chance this time.
I think it'll be really sad if Danny Alexander goes, he's been a star in the quad. I kind of want Douglas Alexander to go but electing a 20 year old to parliament is a damming indictment of the political system (at least Pitt The Younger grew up as part of a class of people who were expected and trained to join the ruling class).
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
We know all of these people who say they have voted UKIP but it is not reflected in polls. The weighting could be off or it could hint at a very large skyKIP movement.

Two friends of mine in the village are voting UKIP. Plus, I know a few people in Leeds who said that they would.
---

On another note, I am happy that I live in a village. My polling station was nice and quiet, but in Leeds and elsewhere there are lengthy queues. Some people have to wait for an hour to vote.
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
That'd be good! The drinking's been pretty much all that got me through this season! Thankfully York has some top pubs!
How's Nuhiu doing for you guy, btw?
Indeed top pubs indeed. The Sam Smith pub was choice last time.

Bit of a mixed bag really. Top scorer in the lowest scoring side with ten goals but has got some flak for missing some shocking sitters. I'm hoping he's used as a backup striker next season really.

Comical to watch him play though :lol:
bun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Indeed top pubs indeed. The Sam Smith pub was choice last time.

Bit of a mixed bag really. Top scorer in the lowest scoring side with ten goals but has got some flak for missing some shocking sitters. I'm hoping he's used as a backup striker next season really.

Comical to watch him play though :lol:
That's a good pub! Personal favourite is the Hop.

Hmm - fair enough. I was coaching in Austria at a side he used to play for and was speaking to the manager who was there while he was and he reckoned there was something about him that just 'worked'. Said if you watched him in training, you'd never think he was a footballer, and he could miss open goals and make some truly appalling decisions, yet he could never drop him because he'd do something special in every match - be it a goal, an assist or a great defensive header from a set-piece.
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exit Poll:

CON: 316?! :eek: :eek: :eek:
LAB: 239
LIB: 10 (Ouch...)
UKIP: 2
SNP: 58
GRN: 2
PLD: 4

Will be interesting to see how accurate this goes.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope to christ this exit poll is nonsense :lol:
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That exit poll is nonsense!!!
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Woah! That exit poll!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I completely forgot about the BBC exit poll.

Oh my if it ends up being fairly accurate. I'm actually quite astonished

Hey where's the Liberal party members, it looks like irl the LDs are going to do appallingly.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't see Lib Dems only being 10 and SNP getting 58.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
CON 316 + UKIP 2 + DUP 8 = 326

Would be scary.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cant believe that poll. 58 for the SNP and 10 for the Lib Dems is astonishing

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Woah! That exit poll!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm unbelievably excited by that exit poll. This may well be history in the making!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
You can't remember!?

Haha, sure thing!
The way these exit polls are going I think I shall need a pint or five.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
CON 316 + UKIP 2 + DUP 8 = 326

Would be scary.
I think that if the torys are on 316 then they'd be happy to go with minority rule.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
By what time do most of the results get announced? I wake up 6am so I might excitedly check the results then
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads